Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Coilovers! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275170)

snickerdoodle 02-05-2013 06:39 AM

Coilovers!
 
So I have decided I am going to hold on to my warranty for a little longer due to financial reasons... So I am considering coilovers and lowering her a little bit. Has anyone done coilovers yet? If so what type and have you noticed a big difference?

L99CAMA2011 02-05-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snickerdoodle (Post 6123154)
So I have decided I am going to hold on to my warranty for a little longer due to financial reasons... So I am considering coilovers and lowering her a little bit. Has anyone done coilovers yet? If so what type and have you noticed a big difference?

After what I was told by an Eibach rep yesterday don't get any coilovers related to their brand just a tip. Also be very careful of which brand you buy. Aftermarket valving is a hit or miss for this car big time. Also make sure there is warranty that will be honored if the coilover goes wrong and note many kits sold will be softer than the 1LE suspension so it may not stay as flat on corners.

S3XPanther 02-05-2013 09:34 AM

pedders super car

The Stig 02-05-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S3XPanther (Post 6123554)
pedders super car

:drool: I have their Xa coilovers and would kill to have their supercars.

2cnd chance 02-05-2013 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sounds like you need to make a call to Pete at Pedders. Check out the L28 they built with Lingenfelter.

newb 02-05-2013 06:43 PM

You can still headers and keep your warranty intact. Not the cheapest option but kooks makes a "green" catted mid pipe now. Doesn't throw a code or require a tune. And trust me they aren't cheap but alleviates the need to tune. Granted a tune will make more power, but this is a nice temp solution.

Rhyder 02-05-2013 06:46 PM

HUH and all this time I thought the 1LE came with the same struts as the ZL1...good to know

ddunerider 02-05-2013 06:48 PM

Pedders Xa ...Had them a week and I Love them!!!

Joe@CPR.com 02-05-2013 07:03 PM

we have installed quite a few of the BC racing and pfadt's both are fantastic!!! let me know if you would like a price on a set :)

snickerdoodle 02-06-2013 06:23 AM

I have been looking into those paired with stepped headers... h/o, I will be voiding my warranty when things get back on track in the fall. so i figure why not just hold off and do it right? i hear those cats alone are nearly a grand. but they do work!

Quote:

Originally Posted by newb (Post 6125639)
You can still headers and keep your warranty intact. Not the cheapest option but kooks makes a "green" catted mid pipe now. Doesn't throw a code or require a tune. And trust me they aren't cheap but alleviates the need to tune. Granted a tune will make more power, but this is a nice temp solution.


snickerdoodle 02-06-2013 06:24 AM

the 1LE does have upgraded struts h/o they are not the same as the magnetic coilovers the ZL1 has.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhyder (Post 6125652)
HUH and all this time I thought the 1LE came with the same struts as the ZL1...good to know


Rhyder 02-06-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snickerdoodle (Post 6127179)
the 1LE does have upgraded struts h/o they are not the same as the magnetic coilovers the ZL1 has.

Ya I just was thinking when they said upgraded that what it was upgraded to....wonder why they didnt....

newb 02-06-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snickerdoodle (Post 6127176)
I have been looking into those paired with stepped headers... h/o, I will be voiding my warranty when things get back on track in the fall. so i figure why not just hold off and do it right? i hear those cats alone are nearly a grand. but they do work!

Seen them in $950 range. Supposedly they make as much Hp as the non green cats. But that is a lot of money. I am curious to see how coilovers workout on the 1LE. I am considering lowering springs but it handles so well stock that I am scared of upsetting what GM has created. I think I will hold out for springs designed with the 1LE in mind.

So Cal Camaro 02-06-2013 03:40 PM

I'll let you know soon about coilovers....just ordered the Pedders Super Car Coilovers...2 events coming up, so will have feedback soon...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.