Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   1st & 2nd Generation Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   1969 Front fender pictures (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286662)

oville-rider 04-02-2013 07:11 AM

1969 Front fender pictures

I was hoping maybe someone could post a picture of their front fender? Looking for placement of the Camaro script with the SS below it. I'm doing a retro on my 2010 with the 69 emblems. I know it's a different fender but just trying to get the measurement below the body line and the SS placement below the Camaro script. If anyone could help it would be GREAT! Thanks

flyingskibiker 04-03-2013 04:37 AM

You can browse this site for some pictures: http://www.69pace.com/paint.htm#1969

I can't believe I don't have any pictures! I guess I'm stuck on '68s... lol

oville-rider 04-03-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingskibiker (Post 6375370)
You can browse this site for some pictures: http://www.69pace.com/paint.htm#1969

I can't believe I don't have any pictures! I guess I'm stuck on '68s... lol

Thanks for the info I'll have to graze through them and see if there is anything that will help me out. :thumb:

chevy dude 04-05-2013 02:12 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here ya go,i included some measurements from my 69 Camaro,although your dimensions are gonna be different.

oville-rider 04-06-2013 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the pictures Chevy Dude they will help! The Camaro Gods were watching over me and placed a set of fender templates :thumbsup:. The pictures and templates are going to be a big help, thanks again for responding! Are you down in the Detroit area of MI.? Maybe I'll see you on the road?

flyingskibiker 04-06-2013 06:59 PM

The problem with the templates (taken from the assembly manual) is that they reference a 0 datum line. It's kind of random... But the full set of templates tell us how to get the 0 line. Though, as you know, it won't match your car...

oville-rider 04-06-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingskibiker (Post 6391535)
The problem with the templates (taken from the assembly manual) is that they reference a 0 datum line. It's kind of random... But the full set of templates tell us how to get the 0 line. Though, as you know, it won't match your car...

I was looking for the height from the body line in the fender and the distance from the edge of the fender. Also the spacing of the Camaro script and the SS's. The templates were full size so I just traced the template and taped them to the fender and placed my emblems. Job complete. I'll try and remember to take some pictures when the weather clears up here a little.

chevy dude 04-07-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oville-rider (Post 6391018)
Thanks for the pictures Chevy Dude they will help! The Camaro Gods were watching over me and placed a set of fender templates :thumbsup:. The pictures and templates are going to be a big help, thanks again for responding! Are you down in the Detroit area of MI.? Maybe I'll see you on the road?

Actually i'm closer to Monroe Michigan,had to get out of the Detroit area(if ya know what i mean):yikes:

oville-rider 04-08-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy dude (Post 6393762)
Actually i'm closer to Monroe Michigan,had to get out of the Detroit area(if ya know what i mean):yikes:

It seems a lot of cities have that element :frown:. That's what I kinda meant by area, the surrounding burbs. When somebody asks were I live I just say the Detroit area it's just easier than Ortonville. Hopefully Detroit is good enough for them because if I have to explain where Ortonville is..... sometimes I just get that blank look! Anyways I don't know if you'd be interested but May 4th Rodger's Chevrolet is having a car show at there dealership in Woodhaven. I'm going to try and make it there weather permitting! The Detroit 5th Gen Camaro Club will be there in force, Rodger's Chevrolet is one of their major sponsors! Not sure of your aware of the club but I believe the Pres. (Derrick) lives in your neck of the woods. Just throwing it out there don't know if your a member or would even be interested, but you might want to check it out? You can go to Detroit5thGen.com for more information. Clubs aren't for everyone, they have meetings once a month and are not mandatory. Now that I :threadjacked: my own thread I better get :focus:! Again thanks for the pictures, I'm going to try and get a couple of 3/4 shots of the car with the 69 emblems, soon, hopefully! :thumbsup:

chevy dude 04-08-2013 06:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually,I personally no longer have my 2010 Camaro RS,although i did lease it from Rogers Chevrolet in Woodhaven,although my twin brother Mike purchased his 2012 Camaro RS Convertible from Rogers,so i'll have to remind him about the Camaro get together on May 4th.I own the 69 Camaro you see in the pics.Thanks for the heads up.I probably need to update my Avatar?:)I included a pic of my 69

oville-rider 04-09-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy dude (Post 6399821)
Actually,I personally no longer have my 2010 Camaro RS,although i did lease it from Rogers Chevrolet in Woodhaven,although my twin brother Mike purchased his 2012 Camaro RS Convertible from Rogers,so i'll have to remind him about the Camaro get together on May 4th.I own the 69 Camaro you see in the pics.Thanks for the heads up.I probably need to update my Avatar?:)I included a pic of my 69

I believe the show is open to everyone, I seen MiFbody is going to make a showing. They cover 67 to current model F bodies. I'm going to see if my brother would like to come he has did a 69 COPO clone and a 69 Z/28 clone. He has wanted a real 69 Z/28 for years and has had some issues as far latching on to one. I know some guys look down on the clones as "whatabe's"! But I gotta tell you he's done a outstanding job one these cars... he's kinda anal to a point if you know what I mean? Your car looks great I was thinking of possibly getting rid of my Street Rod and getting a 69 Camaro. My cousin back in the day had a 69 Camaro the same color as yours with a 307 in it, always loved that car! If we get some nice weather I'll try and post some pictures of my 2010 with the 69 emblems. I busted my digital camera so all I have at the moment is my cell phone, we'll see how that works. :iono:

oville-rider 05-05-2013 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I finally got a chance to snap a picture off with the 69 fender emblems. I used Emblem Pro's the word Camaro with backside tape. I veered a little on the SS's, I used Chevelle SS's instead of Camaro. They are a little bit taller and wider than the Camaro but they are a constant thickness. The Camaro SS's thicken up at the bottom. I might do a set of Camaro SS's to see how it looks? The SS's took a little work to do, I ground off the post's on the backside and filled with epoxy and added the 3M tape. Then to keep to my 2SS option I painted the inside off the SS's red.

chevy dude 05-05-2013 07:13 AM

Great job on the emblem placement,they look like they belong there.:clap: