Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   * ORDER TRACKING THREAD * (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13377)

LadiesMan217 03-02-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZcamaro (Post 316682)
GM needs to set up some online search. We should be able to put in our order number, and some type of identifying info, and get our status....This is stupid, GM FIX THIS!!!

Whatever happened to good ol' fashioned patience?

Remember those days BEFORE the internet?

As far as anybody should be concerned...NOBODY's car is being built right now. March 16th is the start of production.

Everybody CALM down...I too have ordered and I'm very anxious to take delivery on my Beast but this isn't really anything GM needs to do. We ordered, they gave us a confirmation/order number...and when the vehicles get delivered, your dealer will contact you.

11,000+ people have preordered. (Just THIS vehicle). Production hasn't even started (as far as we're concerned) yet and people are getting so antsy!

Deeeeep breaths!

Angrybird 12 03-02-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NVMY68SS (Post 314514)
The only problem with calling the 800 number is that 90+% of them are useless and all they are going to do is call your dealer for you and get the status.

So, just call your dealer.

Wait a couple more weeks... all of the posts I have seen from people that have called the 800 number say they are telling people they won't know anything before the start of production, and that is ONLY 2 more weeks!!!!

ZombieEatsYou 03-02-2009 12:57 PM

^^^ I don't think so. Those 6 letters are your confirmation number, basically.

ZombieEatsYou 03-02-2009 01:00 PM

The only reason I'm antsy is needing to get financing set up, trade in guzzied up, etc. I'd be as cool as a cucumber if I could stay off this dang forum.

richardhoggard 03-02-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou (Post 316847)
The only reason I'm antsy is needing to get financing set up, trade in guzzied up, etc. I'd be as cool as a cucumber if I could stay off this dang forum.

I completely agree. I wasn't even that worried about it until I found this website. But I do think that GM needs to be more forthcoming with information. It seems like they are treating this like some sort of top secret project, and that's what really bothers me. The chevy website hasnt been updated since they put up the story about taking pre-orders on Oct 13. I just think they could at least put out a couple of updates a month or something. I just think that everyone is antsy because production is getting so close...

NVMY68SS 03-02-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyman 08 (Post 316794)
Wait a couple more weeks... all of the posts I have seen from people that have called the 800 number say they are telling people they won't know anything before the start of production, and that is ONLY 2 more weeks!!!!

2 more weeks and I'll have my car. :sm0::sm0::sm0::sm0:

Well, could happen. I mean I'm at 3400 and was one of the early ones, soooooooooooooo...........

My dealer has been great so far and after talking to him, he told me that is how it works all the time. You call the 800 number, they put you on hold or tell you they will call you back, then they call the dealer.

2003chevy 03-08-2009 07:37 PM

New here- ordered a Camaro on 2/27/09 never got a six digit alpha numeric from my dealer? Does the order have to get accepted or something first?
Please Help!!!

joepitt 03-09-2009 06:48 AM

Financing on ordered cars

Quote:

I've been down this road with my last car. Most financing deals are only good for a limited amount of time. Believe me, you'll have plenty of time when the dealer calls and says it is on the truck heading your way. As for the trade in, if you are trading it, the week or better for transit should give you time to clean it up. If you are selling it yourself, that is a different problem since you don't know for sure how long it will take to sell. I would suspect Chevy will make them in close to the same order the cars were ordered in, taking into account any constraints. I haven't seen any figures as to how the orders came in, but if you ordered close to Oct 13, I would think you'll be at the front end. I ordered last week, so am hoping for a July delivery.

I'm not trying to sound glum, but remember, GM doesn't make all the parts in house. My Enclave was put on constraints for 3 different reasons, all because GM wasn't getting the parts from the supplier.

Mac1 03-09-2009 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2003chevy (Post 327868)
New here- ordered a Camaro on 2/27/09 never got a six digit alpha numeric from my dealer? Does the order have to get accepted or something first?
Please Help!!!

You most certainly should have gotten an order workbench with your six digit alpha/numeric order number on it. If you have not already, call today and get it from the GM or the inventory manager. Better yet - go there. And BTW, make sure to get something on paper from them guaranteeing MSRP and make sure it is signed and dated by the GM/IM.

2003chevy 03-09-2009 10:03 PM

Thanks, called dealer today and told me it was at 1100 status and gave me the 6 digit number. So now i Guess i just wait like everyone else.

undrcop2010 03-09-2009 10:06 PM

Welcome aboard!

What and when did u order, and what number were u at your dealer and out of how many?

SSmoke 03-09-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Couldn't agree with you more about keeping your cool by staying off the forum...after i got done sending my dealer a heated e-mail back when the production date originally was changed to March and all the mis-information came out about the SS Delays- I decided that I needed to only check this forum once a day instead of, oh i dunno, 100?

richardhoggard 03-09-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSmoke (Post 329789)
Couldn't agree with you more about keeping your cool by staying off the forum...after i got done sending my dealer a heated e-mail back when the production date originally was changed to March and all the mis-information came out about the SS Delays- I decided that I needed to only check this forum once a day instead of, oh i dunno, 100?

I've tried the same thing, but it seems like everytime I come on here, I read something else that makes me want to keep checking it... I dont even want to say how much time I've spent on here in the past few days... Im kinda embarrased...:help::help::help:

rick 03-13-2009 06:02 PM

hello I went to my dealer yesterday and verified my order and showed me on the computer that my camaro 2SS is projected to be in the factory between April 4th to the 12 and my projected delivery on the 17of april

LuscheZ28 03-14-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick (Post 335964)
hello I went to my dealer yesterday and verified my order and showed me on the computer that my camaro 2SS is projected to be in the factory between April 4th to the 12 and my projected delivery on the 17of april

When did you place your order?

8mydust 03-14-2009 03:20 AM

Mine wasn't a 6 digit, It has 9, is that because I didn't order an SS?

Supercop29 03-14-2009 04:30 AM

Mine was 3000 day before yesterday.... figure will be 3400 next week & then it will go pretty fast then...should have My new 2SS/RS by May !!!

Jack 03-14-2009 10:48 AM

What color did you order?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercop29 (Post 336780)
Mine was 3000 day before yesterday.... figure will be 3400 next week & then it will go pretty fast then...should have My new 2SS/RS by May !!!

Hey Supercop,

What color did you order? There's another thread where a customer is saying he ordered CGM and that his order is at status 3000 (and his dealer verified). Just trying to see if anyone else's CGM hit 3000.

Thanks,

Jack

SSCamaro2010 03-16-2009 12:20 PM

Does anyone have there order papers that would show their order number. I order my camaro this past Saturday and i have a bunch of papers and i dont see an order number, A litle help is needed.

thanks, in adavanced

Mac1 03-16-2009 12:27 PM

It is at the top of your order workbench. If you didn't get an order workbench, go back NOW and get it.

SSCamaro2010 03-16-2009 12:41 PM

so the order paper should be called Order Workbench??

Iwantone2 03-16-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSCamaro2010 (Post 341036)
so the order paper should be called Order Workbench??

Yes, it will say at the top of the paper Gm OrderWorkbench.

EDIT: check out this link and scroll down a bit - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=14148&page=2

SSCamaro2010 03-16-2009 01:58 PM

okay, but what about the tracking number?? i put my order in and i dont know my order number/tracking number???

Iwantone2 03-16-2009 02:08 PM

As far as I know, the only way to track your order is through your dealer, and they will use the order # that is found on the Workbench sheet. Do you not have a paper similar to the one from the link?

SSCamaro2010 03-16-2009 02:38 PM

ah, damn it not sure if i got that sheet... looking into it right now... I just want my car, Since i ordered it on 3/14/09, when should i expect to receive the car??