Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Help with iphone and bluetooth? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73069)

SharpSS 03-25-2010 10:18 AM

Help with iphone and bluetooth?

I have done a search and could not find the answer. I have my phone part of the iphone working fine with the bluetooth but not the music. I need to know what I am doing wrong.

I usually use the USB cord but would like to use the bluetooth for short trips.

Iwantone2 03-25-2010 12:34 PM

You've gone through the USB menu to find the Bluetooth set-up correct? You will then look for GMusicConnect on the iPhone and send the music through Bluetooth.

alx77 03-25-2010 07:18 PM

The iPhone will default to Bluetooth, so you will have to change it when you plug it into the USB.

FirstCamaro2k10 03-25-2010 08:13 PM

wish i had the bluetooth option in my car, i miss it from my Pioneer head unit i had in my truck.

SharpSS 03-26-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwantone2 (Post 1634124)
You've gone through the USB menu to find the Bluetooth set-up correct? You will then look for GMusicConnect on the iPhone and send the music through Bluetooth.

Thanks for the tip. Finally got it going but it was odd how it worked out. Tried everything and nothing worked. Decided to hell with it and and broke out my old ipod mini and figured I would just leave it plugged in to the USB. While trying it out I was fooling with the iphone and the stereo and presto, GMusicConnect finally showed up in the bluetooth menu.

Silver ice SS 03-26-2010 08:38 AM

For some odd reason, my iPhone loses the Bluetooth connection from time to time with my car. ???

Iwantone2 03-26-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharpSS (Post 1637818)
Thanks for the tip. Finally got it going but it was odd how it worked out. Tried everything and nothing worked. Decided to hell with it and and broke out my old ipod mini and figured I would just leave it plugged in to the USB. While trying it out I was fooling with the iphone and the stereo and presto, GMusicConnect finally showed up in the bluetooth menu.

Cool! Glad you were able to get it working!! :thumbup:

Viral 03-29-2010 10:41 AM

It is odd because the settings aren't with the rest of the car's settings under config. Here's how I think I got to it the few times I've done it.

First, open your iphone settings / general / bluetooth (so that it's discoverable)
Next click the Aux button (bottom of #1 button) until Aux is displayed.
THEN click Menu while 'Aux Input' is displayed.
That will cause you to get that Bluetooth radio / GMusic menu where you can pair it with the iPhone.

Once done, you'll actually have TWO pairings between your car and iphone. One will be for the phone and named whatever you chose, the other will be for the music and called GMusicConnect.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but from what I could tell, the Gmusic will stay paired as long as you stay on Aux on your head unit. If you switch bands (to listen to the radio, for example), you'll have to pair the Gmusic portion again. None of this affects the BT phone pairing, which should stay permanently, as long as you don't turn off BT in your phone.

brtaus 03-29-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viral (Post 1649760)
It is odd because the settings aren't with the rest of the car's settings under config. Here's how I think I got to it the few times I've done it.

First, open your iphone settings / general / bluetooth (so that it's discoverable)
That will cause you to get that Bluetooth radio / GMusic menu where you can pair it with the iPhone.

Once done, you'll actually have TWO pairings between your car and iphone. One will be for the phone and named whatever you chose, the other will be for the music and called GMusicConnect.

This is how its done.

jrpimp00 03-29-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viral (Post 1649760)

I'm not 100% sure on this, but from what I could tell, the Gmusic will stay paired as long as you stay on Aux on your head unit. If you switch bands (to listen to the radio, for example), you'll have to pair the Gmusic portion again. None of this affects the BT phone pairing, which should stay permanently, as long as you don't turn off BT in your phone.

Thats right, it says this in the manual.

2Muchmark 03-31-2010 12:09 PM

Are you sure on this? From what I understand, Stereo Bluetooth is not supported in the Camaro.

Levi550 03-31-2010 08:59 PM

Absolutely can pair via bluetooth and stream music at least with a 2SS. It is in the manual...the system will allow up to 5 devices.

Moorepheus 03-31-2010 09:08 PM

One thing I noticed, is that in order to get BlueTooth Music Streaming, it still needs to be connected to the Cable. then you can Link the radio to the iPhone.

nashstat 03-31-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Muchmark (Post 1659496)
Are you sure on this? From what I understand, Stereo Bluetooth is not supported in the Camaro.

Trust me... it is supported!

I also managed to impress a chick with it! Gotta love the Camaro and it's potential :sm0: