Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Did I get Hoodwinked? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132906)

ambientweather 03-04-2011 12:47 PM

Did I get Hoodwinked?

I asked my dealer about 6 times before we placed my order if they had allocation. He told me they had 4 allocated, no problem, it will be delivered in 6 weeks.

I kept asking for tracking... and they said it takes about a week to get entered into the system. OK cool. A month goes by... where is my tracking?

Well, they are four weeks behind on the website but here is your tracking number. Finally, looked it up today:

01/25/2011 - (1100) Order placed at dealership. Order passed GM edit tables but dealer has not received allocation to place order.
01/25/2011 - (1102) Order entered via web.
02/21/2011 - (2000) Order accepted by GM. Dealer used allocation to place order into production.
02/22/2011 - (2500) Order preferenced. Order pulled to the production system.
02/23/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.

Was I hoodwinked? Does it really take a month to go from order to acceptance?

Regards,

Ambient in Arizona

IROCanSS 03-04-2011 12:55 PM

You're fine, they likely had 4 allocations, 1 per week for the month of which you wre the 4th. I'm not going to into full detail about the process again. You're in the pipeline. Enjoy the ride. You'll have it soon!

They did bs you on the 6 weeks but he was probably quoting you coupe times which is about 6 weeks.

dcfan22 03-04-2011 12:57 PM

It takes as long as it does until the dealership is given allocation. I went through the same thing. Ordered in Nov. was told they will be getting allocation in Dec. Didn't happen until Feb. Not that it mattered much since it is still winter here, but it was misleading. Seems they saw an easy sell and told you what you wanted to hear. From what Becky says dealers know when they get allocation.

You didn't pay over MSRP did you? Where at in AZ? I used to live in Peoria.

ron10 03-04-2011 12:57 PM

think your ok,just be patient.

ambientweather 03-04-2011 01:04 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Patience is not my best virtue. I am satisfied that the dealer was honest, but 6 weeks was optomistic. I am in Ahwatukee. Paid MSRP.

67 Convertible 03-04-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambientweather (Post 2917094)
I asked my dealer about 6 times before we placed my order if they had allocation. He told me they had 4 allocated, no problem, it will be delivered in 6 weeks.

I kept asking for tracking... and they said it takes about a week to get entered into the system. OK cool. A month goes by... where is my tracking?

Well, they are four weeks behind on the website but here is your tracking number. Finally, looked it up today:

01/25/2011 - (1100) Order placed at dealership. Order passed GM edit tables but dealer has not received allocation to place order.
01/25/2011 - (1102) Order entered via web.
02/21/2011 - (2000) Order accepted by GM. Dealer used allocation to place order into production.
02/22/2011 - (2500) Order preferenced. Order pulled to the production system.
02/23/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.

Was I hoodwinked? Does it really take a month to go from order to acceptance?

Regards,

Ambient in Arizona

You weren't "hoodwinked" but they could have been more upfront and honest with you. If they had an allocation for YOUR order, you should have gone to 3000 in a week or less.
But instead you waited almost 4 weeks. No way you will have your car in 6 weeks from your order date as they stated. My guess for delivery would be about 6-8 weeks from the date you went to 3000.

panther2469 03-04-2011 01:30 PM

Your in the system now, thats good news

Chevrolet1 03-04-2011 02:07 PM

This is 'standard operationg procedure' by your salesman, the dealership, and GM - it has gone on for decades. Your salesman, who works on commission, will tell you what he thinks you want to hear - to make the sale, so he gets money. The dealership wants to sell cars - to make money - so they encourage their salesman to do whatever needs to be done (or at least they don't discourage their salesman from doing whatever needs to be done), including telling the customer what the customer wants to hear, to sell cars. And the dealerships do so with little regard to whether they can order the car today, tomorrow, next week, or three weeks from now. GM wants to sell cars - to make money - so they don't particularly care that your salesman told you what you wanted to hear. And GM isn't really checking up on the dealerships with regard to these sorts of things - so it happens... Basically, nobody cares because nobody is really harmed in the process - the salesman, the dealership, and GM want to sell cars - and through this process, they do. You want to buy the vehicle you're ordering, so if it it takes a couple extra weeks to get it, they figure "so what" - and in the end, when you get the vehicle, so will you.

In 1981, I ordered a brand new, fully-loaded, Pontiac Trans Am - dark blue metallic, gold decaling, gold wheels, camel tan velour interior. The salesman told me "four to six weeks". It was twelve weeks - and when I arrived at the dealership on that clear, blue, sunny August day to pick it up - and there it sat, by itself, on the hill, out in front of the dealership, gleaming in the sun - I couldn't have cared less that it took three months to show up...

Enjoy your car.

Sttt5126 03-04-2011 02:24 PM

I'm going through the same thing. Ordered mine December 4 and I'm number two on the list. I talked to my dealer yesterday and they have been told by GM that they are allowed 4 units for this build year (2011). As of today, they do not have another allocation until the first unit arrives...its on the train somewhere and is sold (i.e. It was pre sold but until it is officially turned over to the customer it's not sold to GM).

The only good thing is that it's still -20c and snow with warmer weather not planning to get here for a couple weeks.

I guess that I have to be patient but this isn't a virtue I was both with.

EM1/SS 03-04-2011 04:27 PM

Do the dealers know when their allocation are going to be filled? If you order a car in Jan and they say they had 6 allocations and sold 2 so they have 4 left, do they know when they can fill these? Or is it up to GM? I put money down in Dec on a vert and the dealership said they had 4 allocations left. I paid to get one of these allocations. I said I didn't want my car until April due to the weather in this area. I placed my order last Wed. They said GM accepts orders on Tue (I've heard this before also). I'm going to watch this tue or wed to see if my order advances.

Berean 03-04-2011 05:03 PM

Chainjerked maybe, but not hoodwinked.

ambientweather 03-04-2011 05:06 PM

All of this rings true. But just be honest up front... I would have still purchased from them if he told me 10 weeks. I guess on the bright side, I will be $42k richer for a few extra weeks!

modawg2k 03-04-2011 05:18 PM

Where did you guys buy your verts in Phx? I bought at Van at 101 & Frank Lloyd Wright

ambientweather 03-04-2011 08:39 PM

Brown & Brown. I am in Ahwatukee. Everyone closer to home wanted $2,000 over invoice. Ha! Drove out to Mesa.