Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My Results with Vitesse TC (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506955)

TheFlyingBananaSS 09-04-2017 11:44 AM

My Results with Vitesse TC

Twice I tried to install and twice it failed. I followed directions to the letter. BOTH times it failed to mate with the car AND BOTH times it gave engine codes and reduced power. The control never lit up too. Thank god I have a code reader and was able to clear them.

My Impression is this thing is hit or miss. Some have no trouble and some do. Either way I'm calling them tomorrow for a refund. This crap is going back.

*****UPDATE - I called them up and they answered the phone on LABOR DAY!!!!! That alone makes me comfortable giving them a chance to make things right.

I was told a bad batch of harnesses was shipped by mistake and the replacements should ship out in 2 weeks. After I get the replacement I just send back the bad unit. I really hope this corrects the problem. I had a beautiful install too :)

*****UPDATE 9/18/17........... I requested a refund on the 12th. I was told the replacements were "dropped at the post office already". It's now 6 days later and no package. Vitesse is less then 100 miles from me. ANY mail option should get a package to me in 2 or 3 days tops.

So today I mailed back the defective unit at my cost and again requested a refund. I'll let ya all know how it goes.

sherob 09-04-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS (Post 9893253)
Twice I tried to install and twice it failed. I followed directions to the letter. BOTH times it failed to mate with the car AND BOTH times it gave engine codes and reduced power. The control never lit up too. Thank god I have a code reader and was able to clear them.

My Impression is this thing is hit or miss. Some have no trouble and some do. Either way I'm calling them tomorrow for a refund. This crap is going back.

So, basically, you're review is the same results that have been posted by dozens if not hundreds of others on this site. :iono:

Have you tried a PTB yet? I skipped the VTC experiment and went directly to a PTB because of the problems you saw... very happy w/ it.

InFiD3ViL 09-04-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherob (Post 9893259)
So, basically, you're review is the same results that have been posted by dozens if not hundreds of others on this site. :iono:

Have you tried a PTB yet? I skipped the VTC experiment and went directly to a PTB because of the problems you saw... very happy w/ it.

Most of the other's problems I have read about here are with 'Reduced Power' errors weeks or months AFTER the install, not during. He cannot even get it to properly mate with the car. and probably got a bad module. Less likely is a bad install. That definitely would leave an awful taste in my mouth.

TC, are you certain they sent you the correct module? They also make them for the new Camaro as well as the Corvette.

But if you do return it, it should go smoothly. I had to return my Vitesse Paddle Shifters to them for a refund as they would not hold in my original steering wheel.
Ahmed was very professional throughout the process and the day he got my package back he refunded my PayPal account. I made sure to email him beforehand, of course, to give him all the info he needed and so he would be expecting the return.

It sucks that you didn't get to experience this in your car, but as said above, you can always go with a PTB.

sherob 09-04-2017 12:10 PM

Glad you found the problem w/ your module... hope it works out for you. ;)

InFiD3ViL 09-04-2017 12:27 PM

For a small company, they have good service. Only thing I don't like is that there is no information from them unless you speak up and they seem to take forever to ship, as I think they only ship out on Fridays. But when you do speak up, they will jump through hoops to give you all the information and help you need.

Very happy to hear that TC. This would have been the first time I had seen someone not even get to try the damned thing before they made their decision.

I can tell you that this inexpensive part made the biggest difference pre-install /post-install of any of my mods, with the tune being a close second. It has always been hard for me to describe, so I am really looking forward to hearing your experience when you get this thing working.

TheFlyingBananaSS 09-04-2017 08:27 PM

So this is interesting. After this my car seemed to still be running very slow. Then 4 hours later I get in and shes chirping 2nd and 3rd gear using the paddles. I think she needs counseling for multiple personality disorder :sm0:

christianchevell 09-05-2017 06:52 AM

Yup slow boat from China.....

Olddudesrule 09-10-2017 12:20 PM

Joined the club today.....

I've had the VTC on my 2014 for about a two years, with zero issues and IMHO, a decent bang for the buck in increased throttle responsiveness....until two days ago. Changed the oil in the car, and reset the oil life indicator by depressing the accelerator pedal fully three times (not sure if this had any effect on the subsequent problem, just noting it). Started the car to head over to Lowes, and about a mile from the house, went into limp mode with the usual symptoms (CEL, Stabilitrak, !, etc.). Went to the store, went home, CEL remained. Got home, saw it was P2138 (Throttle Position Sensor, voltage correlation issue). Cleared it, and went for another drive.....about 1/2 mile from home, same thing.....Went home, cleared it and checked under the hood to make sure there were no obvious issues with the MAF, TB, wiring, etc. All looked good. Cleared the code and decided to call it a night.

Next morning, started the car, warmed it up a bit, few light taps on the throttle, seemed fine. Put it in reverse, and halfway out the garage went into limp mode. Hooked it up and got P2138 and 2127, both related to the TPS. Seeing the trend here, and not wanting to get stuck with a non-functioning throttle away from home, decided to remove the VTC and verify it was the issue. Did so this morning, went for a test drive, and viola, no code, no limp mode, no issues......

Now, I really enjoyed the VTC, and as I said, IMHO I felt a distinct difference in throttle response. That said, I won't be re-installing it. Gonna call the company tomorrow and see if they will allow a return, but doubting that, I guess I'll try and sell it cheap to anyone wanting to try it out. Really wish there was some had data to show all the variables associated with the failures and successes of this thing.

I'm just trying to be fair here. I've never bashed the VTC, really never had a reason to, but now the evidence (in my case at least), points directly to it being the reason for the CEL's. I will let you all know if I get the same or similar code(s) in the coming weeks.

8balldeluxe 09-10-2017 11:41 PM

Had one same issues as above, went PTB never looked back much better response. You'll be cash ahead if you go PTB the first time around

TheFlyingBananaSS 09-18-2017 12:55 PM

See original post for today's update. I'm exhausted dealing with this simple business transaction.

Lacpac 09-18-2017 01:51 PM

My experience with Throttle Control. Worked great for the first year. Left it on P5 all the time. Nothing higher. The last few months I started getting different codes, Check Engine, Gas Cap, and recently Traction Control low power mode. Tried recalibrating several times. Got three limp codes in 3 days. Everytime the car would drop a gear to accelerate, I got a code. Bought an OBDII reader to clear codes but it's not worth the hassle. Disconnected TC and the last two days have been code free with hard acceleration. I think the unit just fails over time. I also have a PTB with a cold air kit, so that is going to have to suffice.

PalmerGA 09-19-2017 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherob (Post 9893259)

A PTB is nice (I have one), but what the VTC does is far more impressive. Sorry some are having problems because the difference is awesome.

Of course, once my warranty expired I went to LT headers, high-flow cats, and a custom SCT tune. Now THAT is the way to go!!!

sherob 09-19-2017 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 9910583)
A PTB is nice (I have one), but what the VTC does is far more impressive. Sorry some are having problems because the difference is awesome.

Of course, once my warranty expired I went to LT headers, high-flow cats, and a custom SCT tune. Now THAT is the way to go!!!

4k miles to go... :cool:

JaxJones 09-19-2017 08:06 AM

I had the same issues that everyone else on here has. Removed the Vitesse and never looked back. No more codes. Can someone please tell me what a PTB is?