Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Who will own the first Z28? A member here or a newbie? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285584)

babytiger 03-28-2013 08:33 AM

Who will own the first Z28? A member here or a newbie?

So do the think the person that chimes in on here saying they just purchased a Z28 will be someone who just 'stumbled' upon this forum as many have, who have bought Camaros? Or will it be a long time member here?

Seeing the buyer the car is intended for, I'm saying a Newbie will own the first one, it will be their token into the cool club. Just my opinion.

brt3 03-28-2013 06:05 PM

Just remember that "Newbie" doesn't necessarily mean someone who's looking for a "token into the cool club". I've lurked here for awhile. I looked into building a 1LE-based track car, but was turned off by a couple of issues (weight of the platform, visibility) and passed. Not to insult anyone here, but the 1LE was not hard-core enough for me. I'm looking for a serious track-car, and decided it would take too much money and time to get the 1LE up to the performance level I want.

The Z/28 checks all the boxes for me. There's still a visibility issue for a tall driver, but it's just about perfect for a hard-core user who doesn't care about street comfort and wants to track the car. I have placed a provisional order with one of the biggest Camaro dealers in my area, and keep praying that the price won't be as high as some are guessing...

SSMickey 03-28-2013 06:08 PM

The first owner will be a name we all know...Rick Hendrick

motorhead 03-28-2013 06:08 PM

I will bet that it will be Rick Hendrick. He has the first ones of all the others.

Mike@HennesseyPerformance 03-28-2013 06:10 PM

I'll tell you what, as soon as the DLC comes out, I'll have one on Forza!

SSMickey 03-28-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMickey (Post 6350746)
The first owner will be a name we all know...Rick Hendrick

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 6350748)
I will bet that it will be Rick Hendrick. He has the first ones of all the others.

Great minds think alike.

motorhead 03-28-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMickey (Post 6350759)
Great minds think alike.

:happy0180: :bow:

Silverlsinva 03-28-2013 06:20 PM

Maybe I can hit the Mega millions or the powerball sometime between now and the next Scottsdale barrett Jackson auto auction so I can have the 1st one and drive the hell out of it for the next 20 or 30 years and not let it sit in a personal garage or museum.

motorhead 03-28-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverlsinva (Post 6350808)
Maybe I can hit the Mega millions or the powerball sometime between now and the next Scottsdale barrett Jackson auto auction so I can have the 1st one and drive the hell out of it for the next 20 or 30 years and not let it sit in a personal garage or museum.

You better win more than one powerball to be able to beat Rick Hendrick's pockets and still have any money left over.