Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   UFC 111: St. Pierre vs. Hardy (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70312)

Iwantone2 03-23-2010 10:22 AM

:drool:

I can't wait for Satuday...

April 10th will be a good fight card as well!!! But Demian Maia? I haven't seen him fight recently, but I don't have a good feeling about him...It most likely won't go past the second round unless Silva decides to toy with him :facepalm:

BJ Penn, I think, is going to dominate Edgar. Sure, Edgar is pretty good, but not BJ Penn good.

I also want to see my boy Matt Hughes take out Renzo. I have nothing against Renzo, but I've like Hughes for a while.

streetshark 03-23-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwantone2 (Post 1624515)
:drool:

I also want to see my boy Matt Hughes take out Renzo. I have nothing against Renzo, but I've like Hughes for a while.

Renzo by sub round 2........................sorry. Never really liked Hughes much but I think Gracie will take an arm home that night.

Iwantone2 03-24-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetshark (Post 1627579)
Renzo by sub round 2........................sorry. Never really liked Hughes much but I think Gracie will take an arm home that night.

:sm0: Thanks for the visual!!!

slicker 03-24-2010 11:34 PM

sorry but i think Renzo will sup matt aswell. It been almost a year scince he has be in the octagon.
BJ will take edger. and the bad thing is anderson should beat Maia. but i have been hearing talk that adreson wants to give his title up but to whom not sure. the talk was that he wanted to give it to Nate marquart but marquart lost his shot with his last fight so we will see what aderson does. this is the first fight in abidaubi. forgive the spelling lol

Iwantone2 03-25-2010 12:40 PM

I think Hughes has some kind of grudge against the Gracie's. I remember when he fought Royce he said something about "I want to show them that their way is not the only way..." It'll be another jiu-jitsu vs. american wrestling match again.

If Belfort would not have pulled out of the fight against Anderson, it may have given him a reason to maybe stay. He's been talking of giving up the belt for quite some time now. Nobody can beat the guy!

Iwantone2 03-25-2010 01:59 PM

So, I just learned that Thiago Alves has been pulled from the fight against Jon Fitch...I guess he failed 3 CAT scans or something...

Iwantone2 03-26-2010 08:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just the following:

BEARS-SS 03-26-2010 09:03 AM

GSP is a breath of fresh air in the smog filled MMA world. He doesn't start talking s#it, unless the other guys spouts off first. He's respectful to the opponent, no matter what was said. And, he's an all-around BA fighter.

There are a few others that are like him, but for a two-time champ to act like he acts...it's amazing. Humble in victory, gracious in defeat.

BEARS-SS 03-26-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwantone2 (Post 1634143)
I think Hughes has some kind of grudge against the Gracie's. I remember when he fought Royce he said something about "I want to show them that their way is not the only way..." It'll be another jiu-jitsu vs. american wrestling match again.

If Belfort would not have pulled out of the fight against Anderson, it may have given him a reason to maybe stay. He's been talking of giving up the belt for quite some time now. Nobody can beat the guy!

I liked how Royce said it was a victory for his family because Matt Hughes beat him with BJJ.

Iwantone2 03-26-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEARS-SS (Post 1637932)
GSP is a breath of fresh air in the smog filled MMA world. He doesn't start talking s#it, unless the other guys spouts off first. He's respectful to the opponent, no matter what was said. And, he's an all-around BA fighter.

There are a few others that are like him, but for a two-time champ to act like he acts...it's amazing. Humble in victory, gracious in defeat.

:clap: :word: Completely agree with this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEARS-SS (Post 1637941)
I liked how Royce said it was a victory for his family because Matt Hughes beat him with BJJ.

Yep, I remember that as well! And then Hughes replied with, "...no, it was American Wrestling..."

slicker 03-26-2010 10:17 PM

ya what will he say when he get sub by Renzo Gracie on the 10th of april

Iwantone2 03-27-2010 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LOL!!! I really don't know, but Matt Hughes is still my boy!!!

Okay guys, only a few hours away from a great UFC event...Enjoy the fights!!!

slicker 03-28-2010 12:26 AM

and a great figt it was GSP should have broke the arm but i have to give hardy credit he was not going to tap and went to distance. hardy is tough and said he now understand why GSP is the champ. hardy showed good respect kudos to hardy. how but mir getting knocked out and carwin has now done 12 KOS all with in the first round but now he has been in more the 2 minutes. it was a great night of fights. wow.

Iwantone2 03-28-2010 10:51 AM

Oh man, was it ever!!! I really felt bad for Hardy, but I also give him kudos for his show of respect to GSP. I think GSP could have really hurt him and could even have broken his arm if he would have shifted his legs, but it looked like he didn't want to cause any serious damage.

I guess it will be Carwin and Lesnar in July. I never though I would see Mir get worked over like that, but I do have to give props to Carwin.