Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   5th Gen Vs 6th Gen Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303149)

Cyber Gray 06-21-2013 02:13 AM

5th Gen Vs 6th Gen Camaro

So.......

After going through those spy shots of the new Mustang and Baracuda, it seems that all the muscle cars are moving from the body builder shape to the model shape.

Getting slimer, losing weight, and looking French :biggrin:.

After the big hate compaign against the new 2014 Camaro, do you think the worse is still to come? Is this only testing of water by Chevy?

Or they will go for a full transformation of the muscle car to follow the market progress, which means no Mr. Big Guy anymore and the Camaro will be Cameuro ???

BlaqWhole 06-21-2013 02:45 AM

Good questions. I wonder. Either way I won't be getting another Camaro. I'm tired of entry level V8 sports cars. I'm jumping to either a Vette, Shelby (if its still around), or Viper!! But still it would be nice to see the Camaro drop some weight.

Cyber Gray 06-21-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt (Post 6696751)
Rumor (Motor trend) has it the next gen will be bases heavily in the 3rd gen styling.

I dont think that Chevy will go back to re-design any of the old generations in designing the 6th gen.

Everything is getting compact, so I assume that they will have a new look

KMPrenger 06-21-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt (Post 6696751)
Rumor (Motor trend) has it the next gen will be bases heavily in the 3rd gen styling.

I always browsing the MT site and I've not seen them say this.

I also have to disagree on this. Its either going to be a progression of the current car, or a new design with style/design elements that keep it "Camaro".

As for the OP mentioning the Barracuda...it appears that project is either on hold now or a good 3 - 5 years out so I'm paying too much attention to it any longer.

The Camaro could stand to be a tad (not a lot) smaller, and NEEDS to loose a good amount of weight. Since it should be based on Alpha, I think we can expect a good 300lb or so loss in weight...more or less.

Even if they end up going with a more "European" type design, I hope they can be wise and keep the muscle elements in tact on this car....powerful looking hood with bulge, and wide shoulders.

Cyber Gray 06-21-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 6697899)
I always browsing the MT site and I've not seen them say this.

I also have to disagree on this. Its either going to be a progression of the current car, or a new design with style/design elements that keep it "Camaro".

As for the OP mentioning the Barracuda...it appears that project is either on hold now or a good 3 - 5 years out so I'm paying too much attention to it any longer.

The Camaro could stand to be a tad (not a lot) smaller, and NEEDS to loose a good amount of weight. Since it should be based on Alpha, I think we can expect a good 300lb or so loss in weight...more or less.

Even if they end up going with a more "European" type design, I hope they can be wise and keep the muscle elements in tact on this car....powerful looking hood with bulge, and wide shoulders.

Mustang Spy Shot :

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....-shots-02.jpeg

Looks more like this:

http://files.americanmuscle.com/wp-c...-spy-photo.png

The US Disney era is over, its Euro disney now !!

It seems that our cars will be classic very very soon :D

Cyber Gray 06-21-2013 01:24 PM

Barracuda Expected look:

http://media.caranddriver.com/images...s-original.jpg

Rumors that the Challenger will be discontinued and the Barracuda will replace it. The year is not clear yet whether it will be in 2015 or 2016 !!

demonspeed 06-21-2013 03:56 PM

Looks are subjective, and those who have 5th gens will find reasons to dislike 6th gens (and 6th gen fans will joke about 5th gens). It's how things work in the car world -- at least in the Camaro world, anyway (honestly, I see more anti "whatever gen except [insert yours here]" with Camaro owners than the other popular, long standing name plates). Nonetheless, I'm excited to see what is in store for us -- especially in a smaller, lighter, more powerful package :)

Cyber Gray 06-22-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonspeed (Post 6698638)
Looks are subjective, and those who have 5th gens will find reasons to dislike 6th gens (and 6th gen fans will joke about 5th gens). It's how things work in the car world -- at least in the Camaro world, anyway (honestly, I see more anti "whatever gen except [insert yours here]" with Camaro owners than the other popular, long standing name plates). Nonetheless, I'm excited to see what is in store for us -- especially in a smaller, lighter, more powerful package :)

You have a wisdom :wave:

What you are saying is true and I totally agree with you.

Cyber Gray 06-22-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt (Post 6698455)
Oh sorry I'm a complete liar.:smm7:How bout this then. Who Fing cares. We'll know when it comes out wont we! End of thread!!!!!!!! Whats the next stupid thing we're going to speculate about now? Sinse your guys crystal ball or connections to GM are better than everyone elses.

:eyebulge:

Who said you are a liar?? We are all putting our predictions here !!

No one is perfect or claiming to be so,

Chill out man :smoking:

08-G35s/6MT 06-22-2013 02:25 AM

So the 6th gen will revitalize the mullet movement throughout the country as the 3rd once did?

I own a 4th gen myself. Lol.

302-412 06-22-2013 05:33 AM

So G35s, do you think it will come with a confederate flag under the back window, and a 38 Special cassette to help with the mullet movement?