Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   2013 Black 2LS wheels and tires (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315469)

DaJags85 08-28-2013 08:38 AM

2013 Black 2LS wheels and tires

Hi everyone. I'm looking to get a set of wheels and tires for my black 2013 2LS. I want to stay around $2000 for the wheels and tires. If I have to go a little higher, that's fine. I'd like to stay away from the staggered setup so that I can have them all rotated. I'm leaning toward matte black. There's a ton of info in the forum but not a lot on pricing. I'm a beginner and won't pretend to know a lot about the process. I'm not looking for anything groundbreaking, just a noticeable improvement over the stock steel wheels. Speaking of the stock wheels, do you guys usually sell them when you get new wheels or keep them? Thanks for any help.

lscamaro 08-28-2013 08:49 AM

Most people try to sell them but no one really wants them so most either sell them really really cheap or just keep them. Also, what you're asking is a very vague question. Most have different tastes when it comes to wheels. Any chance you have something in mind already?

DaJags85 08-28-2013 09:55 AM

OK, that's what I figured. I'll probably just keep them then. I guess it's a vague question because I don't really know what I'm doing. Honestly, I'm open to suggestions based on wheels that have proven to be a good look for black Camaros. When I say I'm a beginner, I mean that I have never owned a new car, never bought wheels and tires, etc. I like the look of the Forgestar F14's, Ace Convex, etc. but they are all north of my desired price range. Then again, I could also go with chrome, silver, etc. and be happy too. I'm looking for some wheels that are widely agreed upon as good fits for the Camaro. Thanks.

AllBlckChvy 08-28-2013 10:09 AM

Keep your wheels! You have to look through wheels gallery to find the perfect wheels that speak to you. Took me 6 months to find my wheels and flip-flopped A LOT before I decided with my set. Take your time.

LStick 08-28-2013 10:26 AM

Hang on to your stockers until you find the ones that "pop". You won't get squat for them anyhow.

I drive on stock ones. The car is garaged at home and work, or running down the road 65 mph , (and half of that road time at night). Tough to tell what is on it under either of those conditions.

DaJags85 08-28-2013 10:39 AM

I have flip-flopped quite a bit on what I'm looking for. My only problem is that my wife gave me the green light on some new wheels at the time of purchase. The longer I wait... the more she'll be convinced I can live with what's on there! Would you all recommend working with a tire shop or going online?

JohnnyBfromPeoria 08-28-2013 12:28 PM

Use the Tire Rack feature that lets you see the wheels on your car. You can even pick the car color and there are hundreds of wheels to pick from. They will only show you the wheels that fit your car.

I elected to reuse the stock tires, which really aren't bad at all, so I got away for around $700 including shipping, mounting, balancing and TPMS reset, plus Discount Tire here rotates and rebalances them for free. My new wheels are aluminum and saved me almost ten pounds per corner.

I cannot GIVE my steel wheels away (I will not ship them). Good luck with that part, but if you have to switch to winter tires where you're at (which is not at all likely, now that I see your location), I'd say they're good for that.

John B.

rickyrocket 08-28-2013 07:24 PM

look on the Custom Wheels Gallery sticky,theres probably every wheel avalible pictured on a 5th gen

DaJags85 08-28-2013 07:33 PM

What do you all think of the satin black ZL1 replicas?

rickyrocket 08-28-2013 08:57 PM

kick ass