Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   odd noise form camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62464)

camarogolfguy 01-25-2010 12:42 AM

odd noise form camaro

I have developed an odd noise that seems to eminate from the right side of the car around the undercarraige. The best I can explain it, is it sound like a flapping noise. It increase upon acceleration and decreases when slowing down. It stops completely when the car stop.

For those of you old enough, as kids we would hook baseball cards to the spokes of our bikes with a clothes pins. They would make a flapping noise.

The noise I am hearing on the Camaro is similar in sound.

I only have 5,000 miles on the car and this just started a few months ago.

Any idea what this might be?

mtcwby 01-25-2010 12:53 AM

Take it to the dealer, it's under warranty.

tom_vilsack 01-25-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarogolfguy (Post 1413920)
For those of you old enough, as kids we would hook baseball cards to the spokes of our bikes with a clothes pins. They would make a flapping noise.

yupper...im thinking about all them possible rookie cards that are now worth mega $$$$...ahhhhhhhhhhh

you crawled underneath (when cool!!!) to see if anything is stuck...maybe in wheel wells?

2010rod 01-25-2010 01:07 AM

Wife described as card in spoke as well

I had the same thing starting at about 3,000 mi. Everytime I brouhgt it by Fremont Chevrolet it wouold stop; finally a day before I was heading up to Sacramento; it got louder and permanent; only rotational (when moving). First they replace chims, and gave it back to me still making noise, but ordered Driveshaft. Retuned from Vacation; parts were in; same day service, been 2 months, and no problems. Turns out there is a bulliten on them:thumbup:

PQ 01-25-2010 01:54 AM

Anyone seen my Mark McGuire rookie car?

DkknightX 01-25-2010 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1413982)
Anyone seen my Mark McGuire rookie car?

I think I sold it for some HGH. Man, what was I thinking? :)

flyby 01-25-2010 05:22 AM

Take it back to the dealer!

camarogolfguy 01-26-2010 01:19 AM

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010rod (Post 1413945)
I had the same thing starting at about 3,000 mi. Everytime I brouhgt it by Fremont Chevrolet it wouold stop; finally a day before I was heading up to Sacramento; it got louder and permanent; only rotational (when moving). First they replace chims, and gave it back to me still making noise, but ordered Driveshaft. Retuned from Vacation; parts were in; same day service, been 2 months, and no problems. Turns out there is a bulliten on them:thumbup:

2010rod: Can you post the link to the tsb? Thanks.

joerod97 01-26-2010 01:24 AM

so 2010. after all those short hints...what was the problem and what was the dealers solution??

2010rod 02-04-2010 07:50 AM

The problem was noise (tick, tick,tick), and vibration near the e-brake handle; Fremont Chevrolet replaced driveshaft!

TIE FIGHTR 02-04-2010 12:51 PM

I have developed some serious trunk rattle on acceleration the past couple of days. I checked the spoiler and it doesn't feel loose. looked around in side the trunk and nothing looks out of place or like it could be the culprit.

2010rod 02-04-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR (Post 1448354)
I have developed some serious trunk rattle on acceleration the past couple of days. I checked the spoiler and it doesn't feel loose. looked around in side the trunk and nothing looks out of place or like it could be the culprit.

I just went in to dealer for an oil change and had them fix spoiler again ( nut comes loose and rattles when I close trunk, but spoiler not loose). You better bring it in; no telling what it could be!

TIE FIGHTR 02-05-2010 09:22 AM

Yeah, stopped in yesterday...it is the driver side muffler...Shop mgr said it sounds like maybe an interior heat shield is peeling and rattling...he could replace them, but back to stock only (I swapped to the LS3 mufflers)...I'm swapping again to the MRT 2.0 beginning of March so I will just live with it for a little longer...besides, it disapates when I speed up so I'll just use that as an excuse when I get pulled over!

StrangeMan 02-05-2010 09:27 AM

Could be you left a Chevy mechanic on a crawler stuck under the car. Tell him you will let him out for lifetime free oil changes and alignments.