Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   How much RWHP can the 1LE axles handle??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346703)

Lio Martinez 03-10-2014 06:24 PM

How much RWHP can the 1LE axles handle???

So I know the 1LE axles compared to the SS are stronger. but how much stronger!,

Anyone have an idea it tried anything to prove the resistance of the axles?

nitto85 03-10-2014 06:36 PM

How much power are you putting down?

Lio Martinez 03-10-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mst504 (Post 7484412)
How much power are you putting down?

Currently 509rwhp. After the cam install and increase in boost like 620 rwhp

nitto85 03-10-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lio Martinez (Post 7484466)
Currently 509rwhp. After the cam install and increase in boost like 620 rwhp

620 with street tires you should be fine, but some DR or Slicks and your probably toast. It would definitely be a gamble at 620 in my opinion.

Lio Martinez 03-10-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mst504 (Post 7484538)
620 with street tires you should be fine, but some DR or Slicks and your probably toast. It would definitely be a gamble at 620 in my opinion.

What's the best option for axles?

Dropspeed 03-10-2014 08:10 PM

The 1LE axles aren't much different than standard SS axles... The big difference is because of the bearing from the ZL1 to handle the heat/load from tracking the car the Inner CV is standard SS while the outer is ZL1 to fit the hub.

The Axle killer is typically wheel hop, followed by a launch on DR or slicks. With 620whp on street tires with no wheel hop you should be fine......but will be blazing the tires.

If you upgrade axles your next week link will be the stock diff. With 620rwp, depending on what you have to/want to spend I would seriously look at the ZL1 Diff/Axles from GMPP or look at the Hammerhead with DTS axles....I think Drivetrain shop also just came out with a 9" for the Camaro?? None of the options are cheap.

You may want to look in the drag race forum to see what guys are doing to upgrade..

Matt

Lio Martinez 03-10-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dropspeed (Post 7484728)
The 1LE axles aren't much different than standard SS axles... The big difference is because of the bearing from the ZL1 to handle the heat/load from tracking the car the Inner CV is standard SS while the outer is ZL1 to fit the hub.

The Axle killer is typically wheel hop, followed by a launch on DR or slicks. With 620whp on street tires with no wheel hop you should be fine......but will be blazing the tires.

If you upgrade axles your next week link will be the stock diff. With 620rwp, depending on what you have to/want to spend I would seriously look at the ZL1 Diff/Axles from GMPP or look at the Hammerhead with DTS axles....I think Drivetrain shop also just came out with a 9" for the Camaro?? None of the options are cheap.

You may want to look in the drag race forum to see what guys are doing to upgrade..

Matt

Thanks Matt. So I started doing something to get rid if the wheel hop.
I ordered and already got the

1.Hotchkis max subframe brace

2. BMR trailing arms and bushings

3. Pfadt Solid Bushings rear craddle

4. Pfadt Tie rods and bushings

5. Pfadt Featherlight Coilovers( Only waiting for this to arrive)

Do you think this will help with the wheel hop!?

Fraxum 03-10-2014 08:51 PM

Differential bushings
Wheel alignment

This question would get better coverage in the drag racing forum. Most 1LE owners do not drag race.