Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   AAC HAS PROVIDED ME THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216141)

ATL Muscle 04-12-2012 06:00 PM

AAC HAS PROVIDED ME THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!!

I ordered the Dynamic RGB scanner from AAC Oracle March 25th and did some research and decided i wanted the RGB scanner instead. I called and spoke with Melissa and she said she would change the order and refund me $20 for the difference. I asked her to just expedite my shipping with the difference of the money and she could keep the change. She okay and that i would have it friday because i needed it for an event on saturday.

I check the shipping and the scanner would not arrive to me until monday instead. I called Melissa again and she said for the inconvenience she will refund me the shipping cost, i said fine... i'll bite the bullet for the show.

I received it monday and installed it that night but found out that the remote was not responding properly. It would change colors but not other functions would work. I called the next day and they gave me troubleshooting options: Take scanner out and try, replace battery ($6 Duracell), make sure its directly in line with scanner, etc. Nothing worked, so they would send me a remote and i'll send the old one back.

I received the new remote that friday, and tried it instantly and it didnt respond AT ALL! So saturday, i sent back the scanner and both remotes via FedEX for $20, out of my pocket.

They received the scanner on wednesday and the guy named Jeff (or something like that) said the replacement would be shipped out the same day. I told him i have another event this weekend and that i would pay extra to have it shipped 2 day air to have it friday. He said he'd hand deliver it to the shipping department so that it definitely would get to me by friday. So once again, i paid out of my pocket...

So i check the tracking label that was sent to me last night that said the item would be here friday. I checked this afternoon but the item was never even shipped out until 5:30pm TODAY! So because it has already shipped and it will not get here tomorrow, i cant pay for next day and i once again was inconvenienced and i will not have my merchandise by the deadline. I think i may just say FCK it and return everything.

AAC Oracle is a good product but when it comes to customer service and doing things they say they will do, they SUCK! This was my first experience with AAC and it may be my last. Im very easy going and not the type to complain, but DAMN! i can only take so much!!

driyac 04-12-2012 06:18 PM

I Manage hotels and I can honestly say I would hate to have you as a customer.

I think you should just take a deep breath and relax. I understand that you were on a time crunch but maybe you should have ordered it earlier?

I think they have provided better than average service other than the 1 day handling.

Electronics do encounter problems, hope everythign works out

ATL Muscle 04-12-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driyac (Post 4796666)

I think you should just take a deep breath and relax. I understand that you were on a time crunch but maybe you should have ordered it earlier?

I think they have provided better than average service other than the 1 day handling.

The only part that i feel is bad customer service, is when someone tells you something, they should be accountable for it. Im not upset that the product didnt work. Im upset that i paid to have it delivered by a certain day and it was promised by AAC, but it didnt happen. And now for a 2nd time, I PAID for my item to be delivered to me by a certain day and it was promised by AAC but it didnt happen. So if im paying for a service i expect to get it, right or wrong?

The Stig 04-12-2012 06:53 PM

Have you tried sending Jonathan a PM? His handle is Jonathan@AACStyle.com - he's very good about responding

Camarowguy 04-12-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driyac (Post 4796666)

I have to disagree. You'd hate to have a customer that expects to get what they pay for and is willing to pay for his own expedited shipping? Well that just makes no sense to me.

The Stig 04-12-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camarowguy (Post 4796829)
I have to disagree. You'd hate to have a customer that expects to get what they pay for and is willing to pay for his own expedited shipping? Well that just makes no sense to me.

I think he means that he'd hate to have a customer who instead of contacting him goes to a forum to bash his customer service.

liquidsmoke 04-12-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aSStronautStatus (Post 4796758)
The only part that i feel is bad customer service, is when someone tells you something, they should be accountable for it. Im not upset that the product didnt work. Im upset that i paid to have it delivered by a certain day and it was promised by AAC, but it didnt happen. And now for a 2nd time, I PAID for my item to be delivered to me by a certain day and it was promised by AAC but it didnt happen. So if im paying for a service i expect to get it, right or wrong?

Have to agree with you.

But personally I would be more pissed the items didn't work. They should of checked the second remote they shipped you worked. Shipping can always go horribly wrong and it's hard to pin point who's at fault that's why u should always give ur self some lead time, but in this case the guy didt even ship them out till the day before.

el ess A 04-12-2012 07:28 PM

Vote with your wallet. If you can get the same quality or better somewhere else for the same or less, that's what I'd do. Wouldn't come to anyone to complain. But wouldn't hesitate to share an opinion, good or bad, if one is sought.

Mistakes happen. It's how the vendor handles the issue AFTER there's a problem is what makes the difference. In this case, from only one side, AAC is underwhelming, but I'd like to hear their side of it instead of believing just one side.

Out4it 04-12-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 4796862)
I think he means that he'd hate to have a customer who instead of contacting him goes to a forum to bash his customer service.

I don't think its bashing. Why is it good experiences are ok and posting bad ones is bashing? Oh,I get it,its a sponsor. He did talk to 2 different people at AAC,and paid the extra to have it shipped when AAC said it would be shipped. Why pay extra when AAC sends it out at their convenience? I believe thats why they have different shipping rates,all depends on when you(the customer) want it.

driyac 04-12-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

This. And also I do agree on the expedited shipping. My only thing is contact them and I would hope with 100% certainty that they refund or issue you a check for the shipping costs.

This is what I would do.

Sorry for the confusion, this happens often in my business with random surveys. People say the encountered a problem yet they didn't say anything to anyone!?!?:iono:

The Stig 04-12-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Out4it (Post 4796969)
I don't think its bashing. Why is it good experiences are ok and posting bad ones is bashing? Oh,I get it,its a sponsor. He did talk to 2 different people at AAC,and paid the extra to have it shipped when AAC said it would be shipped. Why pay extra when AAC sends it out at their convenience? I believe thats why they have different shipping rates,all depends on when you(the customer) want it.

I understand, but AAC refunded him the money he spent on expedited shipping.

Camarowguy 04-12-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Sounds like he did contact them a few times. I've seem many threads on this company's shoddy product quality and poor customer service. I, actually decided not to order anything from them because of the multiple threads I've seen here on this forum. To me, it's amazing anyone that frequents this forum would purchase anything from them having read what I have. Just saying. I really think they need to step up their quality control a bit. Think about it.....I wonder how many other people have had issues like this that either don't post here or just haven't said anything about it. I bet quite a few.

ATL Muscle 04-12-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 4797220)
I understand, but AAC refunded him the money he spent on expedited shipping.

they refunded me the money the first time because of the inconvenience. but i had to pay for shipping of the merchandise for returns and then the second person told me i could pay to have it expedited. So i've done EVERYTHING in my power for the last 2-3 weeks to get my product but AAC is the one dropping the ball...

awfarley 04-12-2012 10:50 PM

I would have to agree with the buyer here. I sell parts wholesale to body shops (for Honda :( lol) and I know a thing or two about getting people the parts they need, when they need them. If I promise a time and something goes wrong it is my responsibility to fix it. Period.

Sadly, "bashing" is just the way business works. People are more outspoken about a negative experience, than a positive one. That's why the fast food industry incentivizes survey's with a chance to win something.