Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How many people are upset about losing GMS? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54170)

jimsss 11-28-2009 04:54 PM

How many people are upset about losing GMS?

I have spent hundreds of hours on this forum researching my next car, the 2010 Camaro SS. Now we are told that GM will not offer us the GMS (employee discount). I was fully ready to order this spring. NO I don't want to buy out of stock, or look for an incoming order! F-em, I will go get something else. I just cant believe they would screw us over like that!! :thumbdown:

600hp-lpe 11-28-2009 05:06 PM

And then you wonder why they go bankrupt...

BackinBlackSS/RS 11-28-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimsss (Post 1224035)
I have spent hundreds of hours on this forum researching my next car, the 2010 Camaro SS. Now we are told that GM will not offer us the GMS (employee discount). I was fully ready to order this spring. NO I don't want to buy out of stock, or look for an incoming order! F-em, I will go get something else. I just cant believe they would screw us over like that!! :thumbdown:

I know it is a bummer, but don't let that make you miss out on an awesome car. I just don't want you to regret it. :)

Frank in MD 11-28-2009 05:13 PM

Wow.

FutureCamaroOwner 11-28-2009 05:14 PM

They are cancelingthe supplier and usaa which I would have qualified for both. Well what can you do. Hopefully they realize this and bring it back

bradRS 11-28-2009 05:28 PM

I must have misread the .pdf...but this is what I understand so far...

Supplier and GSM are being combined into one single program with "Employees" earning additional discounts based on other factors.

Frank in MD 11-28-2009 05:30 PM

They are not "canceling" the USAA discount. It ran from Summer 2009 until January 2010. Programs have limits, and that one ran an extraordinarliy long time. The promotion was paid for by USAA, not GM. GM isn't canceling anything.

They also aren't canceling supplier pricing or employee pricing. You may still get the discounts that you are entitled to as a GM employee. They are altering the formula on which they base such discounts, but both will still be available. Yes, under the new programs it will cost more, but only slightly more.

The cost of doing business always goes up, and GM has to do this. Let's not start bashing GM over this when no one really knows what the pricing structure will be.

Further, why anyone would claim that they would now refuse to buy a Camaro because GM changed the way the discounts are done is beyond me.... I doubt an extra couple hundred is going to make the car unaffordable.

BackinBlackSS/RS 11-28-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockmont (Post 1224101)
I doubt an extra couple hundred is going to make the car unaffordable.

My GMS was much more than a couple of hundred. This new discount program is not going to include the Camaro at all. It sucks, but I agree, it would not have stopped me from buying this awesome car.

light-my-firebyrd 11-28-2009 05:37 PM

i just wanted to add a bit more to this topic. I purchased my car at MSRP and i don't regret it one bit. some of u guys here have become a bit spoiled with all the incentives that are out there. i couldn't get the incentive when i bought the car due to the dealer not accepting them. Did that stop me from buying???????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????NO>>>>
stop your damn whining people and buy the car. It won't kill ya to lose the incentive otherwise. the car is too good to pass up.

O2BQIK 11-28-2009 05:42 PM

To the OP, I respect your opinion, but whether or not I was going to qualify for a discount program was definitely not part of my decision-making process when I decided to buy the Camaro. In my humble opinion this car is worth more than they're charging for it, so if you have to pay MSRP I think think it's worth it!

Frank in MD 11-28-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 1224107)
My GMS was much more than a couple of hundred. This new discount program is not going to include the Camaro at all. It sucks, but I agree, it would not have stopped me from buying this awesome car.

What is your source? I have not heard that GM is excluding the Camaro from employee pricing at all. Here is a better question. Has anyone been able to get GMS pricing?

BTW, here are the key bullet points from the memo:

• Beginning January 5th we will eliminate GMS and Supplier nomenclature
• We will offer one discount pricing structure - GM Preferred Pricing, which utilizes the former Supplier price formula
• Introduce Employee Vehicle Allowance incentive quarterly on most models. This, along with the new formula will be the new employee price
• In addition to the change in pricing, the dealer allowance will go from 5% for GMS and 2% for Supplier to 1.5% on all formula priced sales
• Currently, group advertising collections are refunded for employee sales – all Supplier priced programs are not. Under the new program, half of the LMA funds will be refunded for all discounted sales
• Invoices after 1/4/2010 will only reflect GMPP price and memo

Employees are being notified of the change this week via a letter from Susan Docherty.

If you have heard specifics about which vehicle are and are not included, please post them here, and share what you know.

BackinBlackSS/RS 11-28-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSARME (Post 1224136)
The reason GM went bankrupt is partly because of the unions and the ridiculously high wages employees get. (No offense). But every American knows that our Big 3 needs some serious management and wage changes.

:popcorn:

Dewdude 11-28-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSARME (Post 1224136)
The reason GM went bankrupt is partly because of the unions and the ridiculously high wages employees get. (No offense). But every American knows that our Big 3 needs some serious management and wage changes.

:word: +1

Merc 11-28-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimsss (Post 1224035)

By next spring there bound to have a promotion of some kind. You never know they may start to sell under MSRP. Don't miss a wicked car.