Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is anyone else getting a little annoyed by the constant attention? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28716)

OHIOSS 06-21-2009 09:27 PM

Is anyone else getting a little annoyed by the constant attention?

I got my black 2SS/RS last Wednesday 6/17 and as of today 6/21 I have 334 miles on it already. I absolutely love the car and the attention the car gets was really neat... for a couple of days. It's starting to get a little annoying as I can't stop anywhere without someone asking me 100 questions. I put gas in it for the first time yesterday and I had a group of 8 people gathered around the car asking me questions. There were 2 guys getting gas at another station across the street that left their car at the pump and walked over to talk to me.

On Friday we went to dinner and when we left the restaurant there was 5 people checking out the car, at the grocery store yesterday we could barely make it into the store. Even people at traffic lights ask me to roll down the window so they can talk to me.

It's cool that the car gets so much attention but I've had to clean my windows 3 times and I can't even count how many times I've had to clean finger prints off of the car because the black paint shows everything. Yesterday when we came out of the grocery store there was a guy looking in the drivers window while shading his eyes, hand prints all over the window again. This guy had a belt buckle the size of a hub cap and I was afraid to look at the door for fear he scratched the car with his belt buckle! The positive comments and questions are great, but what do you say to people that feel compelled to tell you what they don't like about your car? I had a guy yesterday that said it looked to much like a Dodge for his taste...what should I have said to that comment??

How long do you think this attention will last? I suppose in another 6 months there will be a lot of Camaro's on the road and it will subside so I probably have no right to complain. I really had no idea the car would get this kind of attention, it's certainly not something most of us are used to.

Anyone else starting to get annoyed by the attention?

Russ

DarricSS 06-21-2009 09:32 PM

I want that! I have a case of ROCKSTAR energy drinks to pass out so i don't have to answer any questions...:laugh:

"NO questions right now...sorry, here take this"

What you are getting now will probably wear off by the end of the year when dealers start getting an inventory and you see them all the time like the Rustang...:thumbsup:

Enjoy it while it last...will be good memories later on down the road!

djsnoflake 06-21-2009 09:32 PM

It is kinda annoying sometimes, but I am enjoying it right now, cause next summer I will just be another Camaro.

Teleplayer 06-21-2009 09:36 PM

The problem is the color you got. If you got ABM then it would be all chicks and you wouldn't be complaining.

DarricSS 06-21-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teleplayer (Post 607330)
The problem is the color you got. If you got ABM then it would be all chicks and you wouldn't be complaining.

:laugh:

2010SLVRBULIT 06-21-2009 09:39 PM

You know its notariety, yet you complain. Next time, leave it in the garage and take the Denali..

92zrunner 06-21-2009 09:40 PM

ABM...I've heard a rumor that girls do love that color :)

bluecamaroguy 06-21-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teleplayer (Post 607330)

I better get my car before this wears off then!!

Lauryn200 06-21-2009 09:40 PM

Stop washing the car...if it's dirty you probably won't have so many people pressing up against the car or windows.

Sorry to say with Transformers coming out Wed..it's only the beginning..good luck....

chevydude26 06-21-2009 09:50 PM

your a celebrity dude!

7CAMARO7 06-21-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker (Post 607290)
The positive comments and questions are great, but what do you say to people that feel compelled to tell you what they don't like about your car? I had a guy yesterday that said it looked to much like a Dodge for his taste...what should I have said to that comment??
How long do you think this attention will last?
Russ

I just smile at the good compliments I get and when someone doesn't like something I'd say something like I don't like it either while smiling, or simply say "yea" and get in my car and drive away. This is with my 4th gen lol

once the sales start to kick up, you'll be better off.

bluch 06-21-2009 10:09 PM

I WANT MY CAR!!!!!! ARGGGG!!! This attention will not bother me a bit...unless i am late and have no time to sit there and talk. but other than that, i will be excited to talk to someone who is interested....its like being a roaming salesman for GM.....i want some commission!! :laugh:

JewelZ 06-21-2009 10:10 PM

I don't think it will wear off as fast as people are saying it will. I am actually goin to make a sign that will say, 'I know you like it, but I don't like your finger prints - THANX'... LoLz...

As far as negative responses go, just ask the person who has something negative to say, "what do you drive?". I'm sure it will shut 'em up.

I don't believe there will be as many CAMAROs as people say their will be. It will maintain ROCKSTAR status for another whole year or maybe 2...

ddunerider 06-21-2009 10:10 PM

Its your 15 minutes of fame Enjoy it!! It will go away soon.