Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   GM Bulletin HVAC system reprogram caused window problem (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45350)

VegasSS 10-01-2009 08:31 PM

GM Bulletin HVAC system reprogram caused window problem

Took my car into the dealer today to actually have the truck latch replaced due to intermittent problem of it not popping up when it is released. Dealer said there was a bulletin to replace the trunk catch.

While there they performed the HVAC reprogram. Not sure how the HVAC and window indexing are connected but now my drivers side window indexes down about 2.5-3" instead of just about 1" to clear the weather stripping. It was working fine and indexing 1" prior to this reprogram. Passenger side still only indexes about 1" It goes back up when you shut the door. So it is still working but the HVAC program screwed something up.

Dealer said that they did not do anything to the drivers door or window. They just downloaded the program GM provided. They are going to do some research on the reprogram but for now there is no fix because they don't know what the problem is.

Anyone else have a similar situation?

FLYNNZL1 10-01-2009 09:01 PM

I just had the HVAC update yesterday, and it did not effect my windows. They didn't say anything about the trunk latch?

CamaroSS_LS3 10-03-2009 02:20 AM

What issue is the HVAC update suppose to resolve?

deljaso 10-03-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasSS (Post 994339)
Took my car into the dealer today to actually have the truck latch replaced due to intermittent problem of it not popping up when it is released. Dealer said there was a bulletin to replace the trunk catch.

While there they performed the HVAC reprogram. Not sure how the HVAC and window indexing are connected but now my drivers side window indexes down about 2.5-3" instead of just about 1" to clear the weather stripping. It was working fine and indexing 1" prior to this reprogram. Passenger side still only indexes about 1" It goes back up when you shut the door. So it is still working but the HVAC program screwed something up.

Dealer said that they did not do anything to the drivers door or window. They just downloaded the program GM provided. They are going to do some research on the reprogram but for now there is no fix because they don't know what the problem is.

Anyone else have a similar situation?

I haven't gotten the reprogram, but my passenger side indexing is moving the window about 2-2.5". The driver's side is only doing about 1/4".
I can't get them to reindex. I really don't want to disconnect the battery and lose all of my stereo settings, etc...

Gen5SSRS 10-08-2009 06:31 PM

Don't mess with going to the dealer to fix this. Just try re-indexing them. Roll the window down and hold the window switch in the down position for 2 seconds, then roll up and hold the switch up for 2 seconds. This will re-index them. more description of this in owners manual.

WorldClassRS 10-08-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSS_LS3 (Post 999100)
What issue is the HVAC update suppose to resolve?

It is a new hvac software update to prevent evaporator icing.

will69camaro 10-09-2009 09:05 AM

I took my car in to have the HVAC reprogram after it froze up and the car wouldn't accept the file. They had the car all day and were "on the phone with GM" because the car was denying the module tune...Still not fixed.