Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   IM speak (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=846)

Mr. Wyndham 04-11-2007 11:10 PM

IM speak

has anyone besides me: the in-school, still-tries-to write-in-proper-english person noticed that not many people know how to use commas, or periods, or even freaking smilies.....I spend more time reading over the post a thousand times trying to make sense of it, than I do replying...:iono:

thought i'd point it out.

TAG UR IT 04-11-2007 11:22 PM

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%. Let's all try to work on this so we can better understand one another, read posts faster, and move on. THANKS.

Moosen75 04-12-2007 06:41 AM

yea i am guilty of this i will try harder to write the way it was designed to be done.

Mr. Wyndham 04-12-2007 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moosen75 (Post 9984)
yea i am guilty of this i will try harder to write the way it was designed to be done.

yeah, I am guilty of this. I will try harder to write the way it was designed to be done.

This is only a mild representation of the problem, there are much worse out there. Sorry I picked on you moosen. It was the closest example I could find.

Casull 04-12-2007 10:51 AM

I too am guilty. I often times will think faster than I type, and my fingers just can't keep up :p . Once I am done, I am usually too lazy to go back and proof read what I just typed.

I will try and make a better effort.

By the way:

Effect is a noun
Affect is a verb

that is just a pet peeve of mine while we are on rants :mad: :)

Mr. Wyndham 04-12-2007 12:57 PM

Effect is a noun
Affect is a verb

:laughabove:

KILLER74Z28 04-12-2007 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 9969)
Has anyone besides me: the in-school, still-tries-to write-in-proper-english person, (forgot one)noticed that not many people know how to use commas, or(not needed) periods, or even freaking smilies.....( 2 to many) I spend more time reading over the post a thousand times trying to make sense of it,(not needed) than I do replying...:iono:

Thought i'd point it out.

I feel ya... :bellyroll:

Mr. Wyndham 04-12-2007 11:33 PM

(clears throat). I think that "2" needs to be typed out as "two"...

Pain in my ass ;)

F
unny, but I don't mean we should all become English majors, but it would be nice to be able to read what somebody is trying to tell me...

TAG UR IT 04-13-2007 12:51 AM

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :bellyroll: :bellyroll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 9969)
Thought i'd (I'd) point it out.

;) ... Sorry. I had to do it!:D

KILLER74Z28 04-13-2007 01:58 AM

You’re right, one threw ten spell out, 11 on up use the numbers… TAG, nice call! I am so glad all of us have a good sense of humor…

I use to be horrible at English but the um-tee-dozen English classes I was required to take in order to get my degrees sure helped out. Now I have a two pieces of paper that I paid good money for (still paying on) that state I is collage egemacated… :bellyroll:

Mindz 04-13-2007 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 (Post 10060)
You’re right, one threw ten spell out, 11 on up use the numbers… TAG, nice call! I am so glad all of us have a good sense of humor…

I used to be horrible at English but the um-tee-dozen English classes I was required to take in order to get my degrees sure helped out. Now I have a two pieces of paper that I paid good money for (still paying on) that state I is collage egemacated… :bellyroll:

Sorry, just bored and tired. I figured I would help you out a little bit. :bonk:

KILLER74Z28 04-13-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 10064)
Sorry, just bored and tired. I figured I would help you out a little bit. :bonk:

:help: :bellyroll: :thanks:

HTWLSS 04-13-2007 03:51 PM

I agree.

The one that gets me is when people type "prolly" instead of "probably".

http://mcgeesauto.chirpthird.com/grp.../ONrantOFF.gif

Luna 04-13-2007 04:27 PM

I never really noticed TOO much, but then again the Camaro is something to get excited about so of course we're all gonna misspell and misuse the punctuation. :) As long as no one says that 'yall' isn't a word, im happy!