Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Active Exhaust with the Valves Open Wakes the Neighbors (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274472)

CrystalRedTintcoat 02-01-2013 01:08 AM

Active Exhaust with the Valves Open Wakes the Neighbors

I LOVE this quote from Al Oppenheiser.
Quote:

"I think the coolest thing about the car when you key up in the morning and you get that Active Exhaust with the Valves Open and it wakes the neighbors and they all know what you're driving."
And sure enough BOTH neighbors that flank my house have texted me when I come and go. These are their real exact quotes from phone text to me! ENJOY.

Woman on left,
Quote:

"Welcome home honey :) It comforts me to know you are home! It's like I have a husband and I know when he is coming and going :)"
Woman on right,
Quote:

"Have a good day! Bye!
I have comfort knowing your comings and goings. Only, you don't tell me WHERE you go, I am left to assume. Kinda 'teen' I guess, they are vague too. 😄"
I'm not kidding.

Here's a link to Al's quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...5O3gQRo#t=408s

Here's the embedded video. Scrub to 6:49.

BRMcamaro1LE 02-01-2013 01:29 AM

Thanks for posting the vid. Kind of unrelated but what part of CA are you in? My car should arrive in the next 2 weeks and I'd love to meet up with some other 1LE owners

CrystalRedTintcoat 02-01-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRMcamaro1LE (Post 6108769)
Thanks for posting the vid. Kind of unrelated but what part of CA are you in? My car should arrive in the next 2 weeks and I'd love to meet up with some other 1LE owners

Bay Area. Kinda far from you. Good luck with yours. Bet your stoked.

BRMcamaro1LE 02-01-2013 01:37 AM

Yeah can not wait. Thinking I might do a day trip to the Grand Canyon or something to break it in, I've never been there so why not haha.

PYROLYSIS 02-01-2013 09:03 AM

So the point of the story is, you're a ladies man? :D

JANNETTYRACING 02-01-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat (Post 6108733)
I LOVE this quote from Al Oppenheiser.

And sure enough BOTH neighbors that flank my house have texted me when I come and go. These are their real exact quotes from phone text to me! ENJOY.

Woman on left,

Welcome home honey It comforts me to know you are home! It's like I have a husband and I know when he is coming and going

Woman on right,

"Have a good day! Bye!
I have comfort knowing your comings and goings. Only, you don't tell me WHERE you go, I am left to assume. Kinda 'teen' I guess, they are vague too. ��"

I'm not kidding.

STUD

Dropspeed 02-01-2013 09:39 AM

Pictures of said women with your 1LE or it didn't happen! :)

CrystalRedTintcoat 02-01-2013 10:33 AM

That's it. In getting both in the photo! At the same time. :-)

Legendary Umbra 02-01-2013 10:42 AM

HAHA...hope your not married, but you soon may be if you keep gettin texts like that of course you know how that will end...if they are naggin you now it only gets worse!

mcsoul 02-01-2013 11:51 AM

subscribed :D

tramtwo 02-01-2013 12:00 PM

What does your wife think about these two "neighbors" ? :D

scubadoo7 02-01-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tramtwo (Post 6109994)

Uh-oh, I was afraid to ask:iono:

1LeSS 02-02-2013 10:51 AM

A picture wont cut this one. We need a video of both neighbours. Saying what they said to Crytal. That would be good...umhmmm ...yup be all good!!

CrystalRedTintcoat 02-02-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tramtwo (Post 6109994)

Ha! I've been married too long to know its better to disclose this to my wife than her to stumble on the texts or have one of the neighbors tell her about it in a jesting humorous way.

Soooo I told her. This morning she said, "I had a bad dream last night and I was mad at you. You, one of the neighbor gals and a guy from my high school were on the driveway chatting and you failed to take our son to baseball. Then I was in your car, with neighbor girl in the back, and we were arguing and the neighbor started to cry."

LMAO. See, it was better to tell her.