Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   2012 Bubbling and streching mark on dash, also sun reflection off windshield in HUD? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229999)

Childs Play 06-11-2012 06:54 PM

2012 Bubbling and streching mark on dash, also sun reflection off windshield in HUD?

1 Attachment(s)
I read the forum on the issue with 2012 Camaros having the bubbling dash but has anyone had this issue? (Pics below) I can't think of the proper term at the moment for whatever reason but I wouldn't call it a crack. More like it's spreading apart and stretching. The guy at the dealership said there were some other cars on the lot doing it so it wasn't a big deal right now since it was under warranty for a long time still. :facepalm:

Second issue is that the HUD clear plastic piece seems to be loose and folds upwards a little bit which causes it to reflect the windshield into my face, and at certain parts of the day the sun as well. If i push on it a little bit it goes back down but after a while it comes back up. I should also include that my windshield was replaced at 2200 miles. It seems the same and I made sure to get the right windshield so I doubt that has anything to do with the HUD reflecting but who knows. The technician once again could not seem to comprehend what I was seeing... Yea... Probably going to go somewhere else.

It was the end of the day and the dealership put 10 miles on my car which to me seems a bit excessive to look at the dash and look at the HUD when you could go drive in a circle... I was pissed off so I just left. Not dealing with them anymore. Is 10 miles on my car normal for something like this? Maybe I'm overreacting. I just hate the idea of some jackhole joy riding in my car because I had to leave it there for the day (Rawr, done with rant). Any info on this would be helpful. I'm hoping someone else has seen these issues.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-12-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sdlidner (Post 5108936)
I read the forum on the issue with 2012 Camaros having the bubbling dash but has anyone had this issue? (Pics below) I can't think of the proper term at the moment for whatever reason but I wouldn't call it a crack. More like it's spreading apart and stretching. The guy at the dealership said there were some other cars on the lot doing it so it wasn't a big deal right now since it was under warranty for a long time still. :facepalm:

Second issue is that the HUD clear plastic piece seems to be loose and folds upwards a little bit which causes it to reflect the windshield into my face, and at certain parts of the day the sun as well. If i push on it a little bit it goes back down but after a while it comes back up. I should also include that my windshield was replaced at 2200 miles. It seems the same and I made sure to get the right windshield so I doubt that has anything to do with the HUD reflecting but who knows. The technician once again could not seem to comprehend what I was seeing... Yea... Probably going to go somewhere else.

It was the end of the day and the dealership put 10 miles on my car which to me seems a bit excessive to look at the dash and look at the HUD when you could go drive in a circle... I was pissed off so I just left. Not dealing with them anymore. Is 10 miles on my car normal for something like this? Maybe I'm overreacting. I just hate the idea of some jackhole joy riding in my car because I had to leave it there for the day (Rawr, done with rant). Any info on this would be helpful. I'm hoping someone else has seen these issues.

I apologize for the inconvenience these issues are causing you. Were you able to get it diagnosed at a different dealership at all? It sounds like you are within warranty to get these issues addressed. If you want to send me your VIN with mileage and any details I can look into this for you and get the issue addressed properly. I look forward to your reply.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

Childs Play 06-12-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 5111915)
I apologize for the inconvenience these issues are causing you. Were you able to get it diagnosed at a different dealership at all? It sounds like you are within warranty to get these issues addressed. If you want to send me your VIN with mileage and any details I can look into this for you and get the issue addressed properly. I look forward to your reply.

Brandon

My VIN# is 2G1FT1EWXC9174679 and the car has 6700 miles on it. Are there any current known issues with my car? Might as well ask. haha

I am going to be getting the issue looked at again. I've brought different vehicles there in the past and never had any issues with them. I think it could have just been an off day for the dealership and really busy. Being out in the middle of nowhere there aren't many close by Chevy dealerships. I think I probably overreacted with the 10 miles. I do that with my car. There isn't really an exit for a good 5 miles out here once you hit the freeway. They probably just hopped on the freeway to see the mirror vibrations and probably test the HUD and I jumped the gun. I'm going to get them to look at it again when they install some decals on my car and just wait there for the car instead of leaving it incase they have any questions.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-13-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sdlidner (Post 5114157)
My VIN# is 2G1FT1EWXC9174679 and the car has 6700 miles on it. Are there any current known issues with my car? Might as well ask. haha

I am going to be getting the issue looked at again. I've brought different vehicles there in the past and never had any issues with them. I think it could have just been an off day for the dealership and really busy. Being out in the middle of nowhere there aren't many close by Chevy dealerships. I think I probably overreacted with the 10 miles. I do that with my car. There isn't really an exit for a good 5 miles out here once you hit the freeway. They probably just hopped on the freeway to see the mirror vibrations and probably test the HUD and I jumped the gun. I'm going to get them to look at it again when they install some decals on my car and just wait there for the car instead of leaving it incase they have any questions.

I am not showing any open recalls at all so your vehicle should be in the clear of those. However, please let me know if the second time around your dealership was able to address the concerns you have been experiencing. I look forward to your updates!

Brandon

Childs Play 12-07-2012 02:37 PM

I forgot to reply to this a while back but Classic Chevrolet in Sugarland fixed me up with a new dash insert. It looks good as new now!