Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Did you get what you wanted??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297301)

camone 05-23-2013 11:24 AM

Did you get what you wanted???

I recently had a "heated conversation" with a "semi friend" about my buying my car last year. He couldn't understand why I bought a Camaro if I could've had a Corvette. I was fortunate to be in the position to buy pretty much any car GM,Ford or Dodge made. I had the cash,it was just a matter of choice. I DX cars for several dealers and had driven just about everything out there. Sure....I would be happy with a ZL1,ZR1,or something along those lines,but being 61 with some medical issues,I don't think I have the stamina or reflexes to really enjoy something like that,and if I had one of those cars I'm pretty sure I'd try[who wouldn't?]. That conversation got me wondering....who got their car because it was really what you wanted,and who settled for something else???

RolltideSS 05-23-2013 11:27 AM

I have always wanted a V8 camaro - I bought a V8 camaro. No settling necessary

gajagfan 05-23-2013 11:30 AM

I love Corvettes, but there cost and my size present a bit of a challenge to their purchase. Once I saw the 1LE, it was clear what car I needed to get. I still aspire to get a Corvette some day, but will need to have a bit more financially in line before I make that move, and some extra jack to install some alternative seating!

dwinva 05-23-2013 11:39 AM

I got exactly what I wanted. When my wife gave me the green light to get my mid-life crisis mobile last year I spent almost 3 months looking around, test driving everything under the sun...Corvette, CTS-V, Mustang, a few different BMW's, Miata, a few pick-up trucks, I even looked at a Fisker Karma (sexy car, but I came to my senses rather quickly). I also checked out resto-mods vs. new. While I could have spent more than I did I decided on ordering my Camaro and have never looked back. There are faster, better handling cars out there for sure, but there was something about the Camaro that called to me. When I have a crappy day at work, it never fails to adjust my attitude during my drive home.

Jalberdi99 05-23-2013 11:40 AM

i got what i wanted

2010 SSRS 05-23-2013 11:40 AM

I got exactly what I wanted, that was a great day back in early 2009 when I sat down with my salesman for hours and built my 5th gen Camaro exactly the way I wanted it, I absolutely love this Camaro and to me these are the best looking Camaros ever made.

vroomapunk 05-23-2013 11:43 AM

I could have gotten a vette, cts-v, G37, mercedes, etc, anything in the 40-45k price range. And I chose the camaro. I ordered this car exactly how I wanted and I love it.

Still no regrets, IMO, the only thing the vette has over the camaro is its weight. I like the way my camaro looks than a vette.

The camaro certainly looks better than every other car on the road in that price range as well.

woyster_13ss 05-23-2013 12:27 PM

I'm getting exactly what I wanted...as long as the train shows up to get it. :noidea:

sstnt 05-23-2013 01:00 PM

First car show I took her to in May 2010, I'm sitting there and getting a LOT of gawkers. A guy in a almost brand new Corvette ZR1 pulls up in the next row (we are in a parking lot), and then backs his car's backside back up near mine. Steps out and stands by his car.....2 hours later I've had twice as many lookers as he has and a bunch more people talking with me about my car.

So it's a $36k Camaro vs a $106k ZR1...and THIS CAR ROCKS IT! I wanted EXACTLY what I got...and STILL DO!

Del's12SS 05-23-2013 01:03 PM

I got exactly what I wanted....
Took 2 months to find it, a cancelled flight, a rental car and a heck of an adventure to pick it up...

But I got EXACTLY what I wanted at a price and terms that made me smile.

SSGUNNER 05-23-2013 01:16 PM

Camaro fan and owner since i was 17. Im now 26 and did not consider anything but a 5th gen V8.

BlackinBlack 05-23-2013 01:19 PM

Bought what I wanted.

My ZL1 was more $$$ than a base Corvette. Heck with the deals going on I could have bought a Grand Sport for less.

ravensjeff 05-23-2013 01:36 PM

You should have told him that you called him up to get his advice, but he never called back and now your stuck with a Camaro because of him.

Wantconvertible 05-23-2013 01:47 PM

I ordered and got it just the way I wanted ,I like other cars but this was my :first:choice