Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Rockies / Midwest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Colorado members check in here (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15961)

pumpkinrancho 03-19-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMav (Post 1609635)
I live in Peyton too.....:)

Mav

We have a house in Peyton as well, by Schriver afb.

AquaRSSS 03-19-2010 10:44 AM

Thanks for the welcome!

Sorry, had some network issues here at the AFA (Air Force Academy..I'm a DoD contractor) yesterday so couldn't check this site. Thanks for the welcome! Haven't done much to the car other than puttin' on the Flowmaster 3" cat-back. Planning on some wheels maybe, the Heritage grille, blacking out the back panel and grille surround, definitely a Barton shifter and a big Cowl hood. The stock hood is just WAY too tiny! Be nice if it was functional, but one step at a time. Also, I will be replacing those annoying mega-bowties with some SS emblems. Did GM really have to make those bowties that friggin' LARGE??? We know it's a Chevy.
I've already talked to the local tuner here about the Vortec upgrade that includes a full warranty, but not sure I wanna drop 8K just to have it "down-tuned" to 500hp in order to meet the warranty requirements. Any thoughts??

BUMBLEB 03-19-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaRSSS (Post 1610046)
Sorry, had some network issues here at the AFA (Air Force Academy..I'm a DoD contractor) yesterday so couldn't check this site. Thanks for the welcome! Haven't done much to the car other than puttin' on the Flowmaster 3" cat-back. Planning on some wheels maybe, the Heritage grille, blacking out the back panel and grille surround, definitely a Barton shifter and a big Cowl hood. The stock hood is just WAY too tiny! Be nice if it was functional, but one step at a time. Also, I will be replacing those annoying mega-bowties with some SS emblems. Did GM really have to make those bowties that friggin' LARGE??? We know it's a Chevy.
I've already talked to the local tuner here about the Vortec upgrade that includes a full warranty, but not sure I wanna drop 8K just to have it "down-tuned" to 500hp in order to meet the warranty requirements. Any thoughts??

You can never be to proud to own a Chevy :thumbup: Those emblems are just the right size and look bad a** nothing better as a bystander to be looking in the side or rear view mirror and see the front of a camaro barreling down on you with that bad A** bowtie,(Get outa my WAAAAYYYY):paddle:

MadMav 03-19-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkinrancho (Post 1609798)
We have a house in Peyton as well, by Schriver afb.

I live over by Schriever too. Off of Slocum.

Mav

MadMav 03-19-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaRSSS (Post 1610046)

If your talking about RMCR, they do top notch work. If you go with the Vortec, don't worry about a warranty. RMCR stands by there work. If something happens to your motor after the charger install, RMCR will take care of you.

Just had them tune my SS Tuesday, and more mods to come soon. :)

Mav

AquaRSSS 03-19-2010 12:32 PM

Bowtie emblems

Sorry, but being an old fart and having owned several Camaros, Mustangs, Cudas, etc. I gotta have my SS emblems in the grille..not something that looks like it came off a Chevy LUV truck. But that's why we're all car guys (any Camaro-women out here???) on this forum.. diff opinions, different looks. Wouldn't be any fun if we all did the same thing!
Love your motor by the way!!! Holy !@##%^!!!

AquaRSSS 03-19-2010 12:34 PM

Yes..RMCR is who I was referring to. Heard good things! Glad to know someone else with a Camaro is using them.

MadMav 03-19-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaRSSS (Post 1610505)
Yes..RMCR is who I was referring to. Heard good things! Glad to know someone else with a Camaro is using them.

I have used them for years. Build one hell of a motor too. :)

Mav

TeddyP25 03-19-2010 02:02 PM

They (RMCR) will be installing my Edelbrock SC when it gets here....

tom692010 03-19-2010 02:07 PM

Guess I'm going to have to get a map since no ones telling me where Peyton is. No problem I an do that!

AquaRSSS 03-19-2010 02:12 PM

15 miles due east of Colorado Springs, CO...80831 zip code!!! In the sticks! I live in Falcon, but that NEVER even shows up on the maps. At least Peyton has a post office..lol

BUMBLEB 03-19-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeddyP25 (Post 1610873)
They (RMCR) will be installing my Edelbrock SC when it gets here....

Ted when will you get it!!! What made you decide to go with the edelbrock ????

TeddyP25 03-19-2010 02:45 PM

According to Stillen, end of the month. Basically I really like the design, I know its a new design but like what Ive heard so far, performance wise I think it will be right in the ballpark for what I want, 550-575rwhp. It was a tuff decision tho.

AquaRSSS 03-19-2010 03:01 PM

Edelbrock SC

Be sure to keep us in the loop when it comes in and especially when you get it installed\tuned at RMCR!! I wanna be there... I wouldn't mind seeing how it compares to the Vortech, Maggie, etc., plus I liked the design and considered that option for a Saleen Disgustang I wanted...but I opted for the Camaro in the end.