Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Need help - parade with manual transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283487)

nsane 03-18-2013 06:55 AM

Need help - parade with manual transmission

Have any of my fellow Camaro5 members ever driven a car in a parade? I'm sure it has been done. I am curious about your experience.

I have an SS with a manual transmission. My car is a convertible and I am somewhat high-profile in my community. I am just waiting for my first call when I am asked to haul around the Prom Queen, Pork Queen, Miss America (not likely) or something of that nature.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheveey57 03-18-2013 06:57 AM

First gear and a lot of clutch work. I hope she's hot.............

SlingShot 03-18-2013 07:08 AM

Did a parade last Christmas, took about two hours and my clutch got very stinky and my oil temp was very hot. All you can do is hang it in first and feather the clutch. You don't need the gas unless you are revving to make some noise.

Rob3D 03-18-2013 07:09 AM

It's none of my business...but you're going to let someone sit on your folded up convertable top with thier feet in your backseat? Not to mention that crap they are going to want to decorate your car with... Ohhhhh the humanity!

gmen09 03-18-2013 07:14 AM

Shouldn't be a problem, just don't give it too much gas.

SSDan 03-18-2013 07:34 AM

Did a 1.5 mile slow parade when mine was still stock. The car did fine but my left leg was shaking by the end and I was more than ready for it to be over. Now with the cam I will not do another. It was a Christmas parade and the car looked great with some big bows on it. Got some really nice compliments but for me not worth doing again.

ZED SLED 03-18-2013 07:55 AM

I'm usually in at least one 3 mile parade on I-81 construction zones in PA every summer.

Jonster 03-18-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclark10 (Post 6299806)
I'm usually in at least one 3 mile parade on I-81 construction zones in PA every summer.

This is the best thing I've read all week.

rontammy0 03-18-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclark10 (Post 6299806)

must be high profile too ha ha :hail::wave:

dwinva 03-18-2013 08:19 AM

Parades? No problem...just get another convertible. We've done it a couple of times and use my wifes 03 T-Bird (automatic).

PalmerGA 03-18-2013 09:19 AM

If the ask you to be in the parade... rent an automatic.

LessSinister 03-18-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsane (Post 6299684)
Have any of my fellow Camaro5 members ever driven a car in a parade? I'm sure it has been done. I am curious about your experience.

I have an SS with a manual transmission. My car is a convertible and I am somewhat high-profile in my community. I am just waiting for my first call when I am asked to haul around the Prom Queen, Pork Queen, Miss America (not likely) or something of that nature.

Not much help here as I have never been asked to participate but generally the convertibles in the parades I've seen have all been provided by a sponsoring dealer plastered with their promo ads.

Goober 03-18-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsane (Post 6299684)

Call me when it's Miss America's turn and I'll fill in for ya. You can have the Pork Queen.