Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Did I get in over my head..? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31891)

Zabo 07-11-2009 11:26 AM

Did I get in over my head..?

I'd hope not, but I kinda felt it needed to be done anyway. I'm referring to the Camaro Fund for Fbod that I started in order for him to have money to purchase Thor once it's released from CTF service.

I just think that he needs the car.. and when the suggestion was made, I jumped on it. :yikes:

UPDATED WITH RESPONSE FROM FBODFATHER:
Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 675341)
Holy Cheese and Crackers!

I've been away and have been monitoring the sites a lil bit on Friday -- but completely missed the one that you started about taking up a collection for Thor.

First of all -- let me say that I am deeply - and I do mean DEEPLY touched that some would think so kindly of me. (and THOR!) It's things like this that make me stop and realize how rich my life is BECAUSE of people like you, ZABO, and so many others on this board and others - and the Camaro/Firebird Community at large. Thank you - thank you -- thank you for your kind, unselfish thoughts.

That said:

1. There are many people in this world that need help everyday just getting out of bed. (.....and then there are those who cannot even get out of bed.....) Those are the ones we all need to help -- and to pray for -- and to keep in our minds first and foremost.

2. I don't know what the outcome will be for Thor - I am hopeful that he'll be retrofitted at Milford -- checked over high and low -- and then make his way with some brothers and sisters to a GM auction where a dealer will buy him and HOPEFULLY he'll go to a good home.
I will say this: 12,000 miles and virtually NO PROBLEMS -- and he's a early one! This Camaro has been one of the most enjoyable and satisfying automobiles I've ever driven. (....and I've driven a LOT of cars and trucks!)

3. GM would prohibit you from doing that as long as I'm employed....strictly forbidden and I would be summarily dismissed.
(when I retire, you can all buy me a small country, ....'kay?) ( j/k)

Again - to all of my friends at Camaro5 -- God Bless ya! (and it's the thought that counts!)

ljustin293 07-11-2009 11:28 AM

I think you need to hear from Scott first

Zabo 07-11-2009 08:50 PM

...It seems I did do the wrong thing. There are just too many pretentious people on this forum. And yes, I said it. If you want to ban me for it.. good. More power to ya.

Legend 07-11-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabo (Post 670818)
...It seems I did do the wrong thing. There are just too many pretentious people on this forum. And yes, I said it. If you want to ban me for it.. good. More power to ya.

I think you had good intentions but they were placed wrong. There are far too many folks in this great country that could use the help of others...a lot more!!

Nothing wrong with wanting to do something good...I applaud you for effort but have to disagree with it.

lordfriday2 07-11-2009 08:58 PM

woa, nothing wrong in looking after the fbodfather... if people want to donate they will.. look what happend when LA asked for donations for MJ's memorial that cost then 4million... all they got was about 18k... that's almost enough for a 2lt!

Zabo 07-12-2009 06:25 PM

:(

Thanks guys. I dunno, I just wasn't expecting people to all of a sudden go "What about meeeee~" and stuff about the whole thing. I read about how he said that the Camaro wasn't going to be part of chevy's lineup after it was canceled in '02 and didn't fit for various reasons.

Well that's fine, because ya know what GM doesn't have a crystal ball to see the future in and at that time GM was pretty much run by money grubbing goons. Scott really couldn't help it because that was how things were shaping up in their view and if scott happened to agree for one reason for another; he had them. No need to go all pitchfork on him and in turn those that defend him. Doing so actually offended me in a way..

I've met Scott in person, and he's a really good guy, seriously. I wasn't expecting everyone to get all defensive and call it 'wrong' because of his status at GM. He can't afford the car because he bought 'Mom Settlemire' a car.. if he could I wouldn't have started this whole thing. Just gives me a bad taste in my mouth.. and made me buy more stock in Tylenol. :facepalm:

Please guys, give the whole thing of 'ostracizing the so called 'upper echelon' of GM just because you have a beef with them' thing a rest. You're just becoming more and more of the problem that GM has to overcome before you can get your Z/28s and other fun Camaro goodies. I'm not here to pick a fight.. but sometimes I feel that I am after seeing where the Save Thor thread went. Again it just leaves me with a sick feeling in my mouth. :(

fRenzy 07-12-2009 06:54 PM

I read the thread, and thought it was a very sincere and nice thing to do.

Number 3 07-12-2009 10:11 PM

Zabo,

Your generousity and thoughtfullness I am sure will be appreciated by Fbodfather.

However, there are numerous GM regulations that would prohibit him from taking a gift of this magnitude.

I will tell you a story of a VERY high level GM executive. He was playing in a golf outing which offered a hole in one prize of 1 million dollars. He actually got a hole in one. But as GM had paid for his participation in this charity event, he was prohibited from taking the prize. His choice............his job or the check. He elected to keep his job.

I would be shocked if Fbodfather said, "send me that check and thanks for your support".

fbodfather 07-13-2009 01:20 PM

Holy Cheese and Crackers!

I've been away and have been monitoring the sites a lil bit on Friday -- but completely missed the one that you started about taking up a collection for Thor.

First of all -- let me say that I am deeply - and I do mean DEEPLY touched that some would think so kindly of me. (and THOR!) It's things like this that make me stop and realize how rich my life is BECAUSE of people like you, ZABO, and so many others on this board and others - and the Camaro/Firebird Community at large. Thank you - thank you -- thank you for your kind, unselfish thoughts.

That said:

1. There are many people in this world that need help everyday just getting out of bed. (.....and then there are those who cannot even get out of bed.....) Those are the ones we all need to help -- and to pray for -- and to keep in our minds first and foremost.

2. I don't know what the outcome will be for Thor - I am hopeful that he'll be retrofitted at Milford -- checked over high and low -- and then make his way with some brothers and sisters to a GM auction where a dealer will buy him and HOPEFULLY he'll go to a good home.
I will say this: 12,000 miles and virtually NO PROBLEMS -- and he's a early one! This Camaro has been one of the most enjoyable and satisfying automobiles I've ever driven. (....and I've driven a LOT of cars and trucks!)

3. GM would prohibit you from doing that as long as I'm employed....strictly forbidden and I would be summarily dismissed.
(when I retire, you can all buy me a small country, ....'kay?) ( j/k)

Again - to all of my friends at Camaro5 -- God Bless ya! (and it's the thought that counts!)

Dr Jkel 07-13-2009 01:31 PM

OK calle me crazy but what happened to Thor?

Dr Jkel 07-13-2009 01:36 PM

Zabo,

This world needs more considerate people. It is so awesome for someone to think of others and I commend you.

Scott@Bjorn3D 07-13-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Jekel (Post 675382)
OK calle me crazy but what happened to Thor?

I am not sure if Scott has had to turn in Thor yet or not. But it is a CTF car and GM would want the keys back sometime. Hopefully Thor served many purposes in Scott's trusty hands. I am sure Scott may pick up a Camaro of his own. And I have no doubt over time it will be modded to a beast that would even make Thor want to run and hide.

Scott if you have not given him back yet enjoy your last days with him. I am sure the two of you had a great vacation.

CamaroSpike23 07-13-2009 02:41 PM

what if Zabo started a collection.... for himself to buy Thor. then gave Thor to Scott as a thank you present. any regs against that? (just a thought)

philthy 07-13-2009 03:05 PM

Yet another expample of what a class act Scott is.

And another example of how most on this board deeply appreciate his input, advise and knowledge!:bow: