Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I WANT TO INSTALL A MILD CAM SHAFT, ANY REFRRALS??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34931)

Mayhem Matt 07-30-2009 02:23 PM

I WANT TO INSTALL A MILD CAM SHAFT, ANY REFRRALS???

I have the LS3, m6 looking to get a cam shaft installed ASAP. Anyone done it yet or know anyone that has done one in the So Cal area? Prices?

infam0uz 07-30-2009 02:24 PM

Can you be more specific?

a cam shaft? a video camera?

Mayhem Matt 07-30-2009 02:26 PM

Just a basic cam shaft, nothing major just to push out a little hore HP and of course give me that SOUND:headbang:

jpsuperman81 07-30-2009 02:27 PM

Hopefully a mod will move this but you would have better luck in your regional forum or the V8 forum finding some help. I too am researching cams there are some posts now with info an ADM has two advertised cams stage one and stage two. They have responded quickly to my questions. http://www.admperformance.com/index....id=5&Itemid=38 I would suggest the stage one for what you asked for.

Mayhem Matt 07-30-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 (Post 739650)
Hopefully a mod will move this but you would have better luck in your regional forum or the V8 forum finding some help. I too am researching cams there are some posts now with info an ADM has two advertised cams stage one and stage two. They have responded quickly to my questions. http://www.admperformance.com/index....id=5&Itemid=38 I would suggest the stage one for what you asked for.

Thanks for the info! Yeah I know where to buy a nice built cam close to home, Claysmith Cams are right around the corner but they havent done a 2010 yet. I just want to find someone that has actually had one installed or someone that did the installation. Also to find out how much they charged or got charged for the install?

jpsuperman81 07-30-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumblebee Matt (Post 739677)
Thanks for the info! Yeah I know where to buy a nice built cam close to home, Claysmith Cams are right around the corner but they havent done a 2010 yet. I just want to find someone that has actually had one installed or someone that did the installation. Also to find out how much they charged or got charged for the install?

I would definately post in your regional forum then. my guess is not many people camming right away especially not in CA with all of your guys regulations. A cam definately can void certain warrantys.

Mayhem Matt 07-30-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 (Post 739686)
I would definately post in your regional forum then. my guess is not many people camming right away especially not in CA with all of your guys regulations. A cam definately can void certain warrantys.

Oh S**t never thought of that. I wouldn't want it to void my warranty. Do you think chevy would install and warranty it or no? Would something like that mess with it passing smog?

jpsuperman81 07-30-2009 02:46 PM

I don't know much about smog stuff just CA is crazy with rules and regs. As far as dealer and cams gotta find right one and ask quesitons. If they had a GMPP cam it would be what your looing for, mild upgrade and it would be gmpp approved, but they don't offer one right now. I've even read a gmpp cam would affect warranty, I am no expert and I don't want this to fill up with a warranty fight. i would go to your dealer or find a dealer and ask them about warrantys and cams and see what they say. Ask around other people you know have sports cars or tuned cars and see if they reccomend anyone.

JUSTINASS 07-30-2009 02:49 PM

find a good corvette performance shop in your area...they will be able to help you...
see what is popular among the corvette guys...they have a 3 year head start

Mayhem Matt 07-30-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 (Post 739730)
I don't know much about smog stuff just CA is crazy with rules and regs. As far as dealer and cams gotta find right one and ask quesitons. If they had a GMPP cam it would be what your looing for, mild upgrade and it would be gmpp approved, but they don't offer one right now. I've even read a gmpp cam would affect warranty, I am no expert and I don't want this to fill up with a warranty fight. i would go to your dealer or find a dealer and ask them about warrantys and cams and see what they say. Ask around other people you know have sports cars or tuned cars and see if they reccomend anyone.

Thanks man you've been a lot of help, I appreciate it!!! I posted in my regional forum so hopefully someone there has done one and can shed some light!:thumbup::thumbup:

PolishMike 07-30-2009 02:55 PM

JBA in San Diego will do it. Expect HEAVY labor charges if you are not going to do it yourself. Sure the cam may cost $400, but the install will be $1500+.

You will also need a tune to get any power out of it, otherwise the car will most likely just run funny.

They do not have the flash software now, but if you have your own, like HP Tuners, they will tune it on their dyno.

This kind of work will definitely "void" the warranty. Any engine/powertrain problems will likely be on you. That being said, I cant wait to get down there and do it. (3 weeks :( )

Rusky 07-30-2009 04:11 PM

I second JBA, they are very cool over there. They work on anything from desert trucks to dragsters.

There is also a place in Mira Mesa (If you are familiar with the San Diego area) but the name slips my mind.

PolishMike 07-30-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusky (Post 740068)
I second JBA, they are very cool over there. They work on anything from desert trucks to dragsters.

There is also a place in Mira Mesa (If you are familiar with the San Diego area) but the name slips my mind.

I talked to Shaun over at JBA today and they seemed to be on top of things with this car. Apparently they have one for the shop. They already made their own CAI and have headers coming out next month. He said their car is under the knife getting a supercharger. I havent been their yet as I wont be in san diego for a couple weeks but they sound knowledgeable and are right down the street from my house.