Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Car X (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97265)

2SSRS@Gen5diy 07-27-2010 11:34 AM

Car X

So now that we know the Z28 and the Convertible is coming out Is there a better car in the works ?.(And i am not talking about The gen 6 car)

I have heard there is a car that is better then the Z28, Any one want to confirm that.(Has anyone seen this car?)

boxmonkeyracing 07-27-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS (Post 2148283)
So now that we know the Z28 and the Convertible is coming out Is there a better car in the works ?.(And i am not talking about The gen 6 car)

I have heard there is a car that is better then the Z28, Any one want to confirm that.(Has anyone seen this car?)

well depends on what you mean by better. . .(handling, power, looks?)

but as for hearing about other special models from GM themselves. . .I haven't heard anything. but you never know.

now you got a firebreather, slp, lingenfelter, hpe, some guy here in NC that's doing a trans am. . .goes on and on for aftermarket guys.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 07-27-2010 11:55 AM

The person i know want say a lot but its a GM car, Not any aftermarket guys cars.
In the corvette you have the coup then there is the convertible, and now the Grand sport, there version of the Z28 is a Z06 and the then the big by the ZR1.

In think Gm is trying to get lighting to struck twice.

boxmonkeyracing 07-27-2010 12:13 PM

after the Z they may not be done with special vehicles but I'd lean more to maybe a track pack style option for the SS and v-6. the ZR-1 was built to go after the exotics. and that's a corvette. the camaro on the other hand is a pony/muscle/2+2 car. it's meant to go after other 2+2 cars like the mustang, challenger, some imports. . .but not really exotics. after the gt500 and SRT8 what's left for competition? just my thinking on the matter. just a different segment all together. but what do they say opinions are like a$$holes. everyone's got one.

bolteon593 07-27-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing (Post 2148430)
after the Z they may not be done with special vehicles but I'd lean more to maybe a track pack style option for the SS and v-6. the ZR-1 was built to go after the exotics. and that's a corvette. the camaro on the other hand is a pony/muscle/2+2 car. it's meant to go after other 2+2 cars like the mustang, challenger, some imports. . .but not really exotics. after the gt500 and SRT8 what's left for competition? just my thinking on the matter. just a different segment all together. but what do they say opinions are like a$$holes. everyone's got one.

super snakes and the KR line...

chain777 07-27-2010 02:48 PM

I'd like to see them to something that would be similar to the upcoming Boss. That is if the Boss turns out to what I hope it will be.

Take the SS, add DFI, a free flowing exhaust and intake, and a tune. Maybe upgrade the internals a bit, and raise the revs 500rpm. Say, about 500hp. Add some forged wheels, a lighter weight exhaust and a lighter weight road racing suspension. So maybe 150lbs in weight reduction.

Actually, that's what I was hoping the Z/28 was going to be.:cool:

boxmonkeyracing 07-27-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolteon593 (Post 2148854)
super snakes and the KR line...

Both are shelby cars not Ford specific. Both are regular gt500's sent to shelf to be modifed hence aftermarket car. Ie slp, hpe, calloway mallet etc.

mikel441 07-27-2010 03:36 PM

I can't find the post(and I looked desperately) but, at some point over the past year there was a hint at another killer Camaro coming. It was mixed in with a Z28 rumor post. Maybe it was BS. I wish it were a ZL1(LS7).

2010 2-Tone 07-27-2010 03:41 PM

If they come out and produce the Z28 like we hope they won't put out another car in the same production year as the Z28. It would affect sales on the Z. That is probably the reason the vert will come out at least 1 production year before the Z28. Just my opinion.:D

2SSRS@Gen5diy 07-27-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chain777 (Post 2149107)
I'd like to see them to something that would be similar to the upcoming Boss. That is if the Boss turns out to what I hope it will be.

Take the SS, add DFI, a free flowing exhaust and intake, and a tune. Maybe upgrade the internals a bit, and raise the revs 500rpm. Say, about 500hp. Add some forged wheels, a lighter weight exhaust and a lighter weight road racing suspension. So maybe 150lbs in weight reduction.

Actually, that's what I was hoping the Z/28 was going to be.:cool:

I hope the Z28 will weigh only as much as the 2SS but it may be more with the LSA in the car.

Quote:

mikel441 I can't find the post(and I looked desperately) but, at some point over the past year there was a hint at another killer Camaro coming. It was mixed in with a Z28 rumor post. Maybe it was BS. I wish it were a ZL1(LS7).
It was the guys from pedders that said some thing like that, So i dont think its B.S.

oldfriend 07-27-2010 08:31 PM

2SS

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS (Post 2148283)

I HAVE a cousin that works for a parts sup/ for GM special projects and he says in low voice that there is something going on with some kind of project that must be something different from the ones [we] have done before because they were asked for this parts be done by only the night crew and by the same guys that were moved from the swing shift.!!!!

DGthe3 07-28-2010 02:16 AM

Probably nothing more than rumour and misinterpreted talk of the Z28. If a GM employee not directly involved in the Camaro project tells me that there is something special on the way, I will assume he's talking about the Z28. Someone else might think he's talking about a ZL1.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 07-28-2010 08:49 AM

No the PPL that said car X was in the work also told me last year that the Z28 was coming out after the convertible , And this car was lighter and faster with a great suspension, Will see.

BoostedX2 07-28-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS (Post 2151954)
No the PPL that said car X was in the work also told me last year that the Z28 was coming out after the convertible , And this car was lighter and faster with a great suspension, Will see.

It makes you wonder if one should hold out on getting a Z???:iono: