Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Non-RS Headlight Halo Mod Question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29195)

Darsh 007 06-24-2009 06:29 PM

Non-RS Headlight Halo Mod Question

I've ordered a Silver 2LT. I opted NOT to go with the RS package, as the only thing I really love about it is the halo headlights. I think she looks hellasweet without the spoiler, and the larger tires just don't do it for me. So... has anyone played with modding the headlights on a 2LT to include the Halo rings?

If so, where did you get the parts, how much, and how difficult was it?

Cheers!

slick rick 06-24-2009 06:38 PM

This is all that I've seen:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/05/prweb2405534.htm
http://www.lite-eyes.com/index.php?m...products_id=29

rdono 06-24-2009 07:09 PM

contact lightwurkz.com in SF California. They will/can make anything in headlights. Quality is excellent - I am a happy customer and they ship worldwide.

ZNOLMT 06-24-2009 07:31 PM

I think .. just buy the factory ones from a dealership or something.

mhardy 06-24-2009 07:32 PM

Let me know if someone can come up with the same Halo look. I would purchase immediately....

2010cantwait 06-24-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZNOLMT (Post 617175)
I think .. just buy the factory ones from a dealership or something.

I agree... with minor wiring changes they should work great.

Darsh 007 06-24-2009 08:16 PM

Mmm, I'll have to do a few comparisons. Factory vs. aftermarket. IF she ever comes in, I'll defeinitely be posting pix of the before/after. (and quite probably a few "help! I F'd up! notes)

Andro 06-24-2009 08:52 PM

For only $1200 more you should have gotten the RS package.Just my two pennies though

ljustin293 06-24-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andro (Post 617464)
For only $1200 more you should have gotten the RS package.Just my two pennies though

he didn't want the spoiler

Scott Jones 06-24-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darsh 007 (Post 616992)
I've ordered a Silver 2LT. I opted NOT to go with the RS package, as the only thing I really love about it is the halo headlights. I think she looks hellasweet without the spoiler, and the larger tires just don't do it for me. So... has anyone played with modding the headlights on a 2LT to include the Halo rings?

If so, where did you get the parts, how much, and how difficult was it?

Cheers!

I agree with you 100% on the spoiler. I love the downward sweep of the back of the car without it.

Darsh 007 06-24-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jones (Post 617505)
I agree with you 100% on the spoiler. I love the downward sweep of the back of the car without it.

:word:

Anyone have pix of the factory rally stripes on the trunk *without* a spoiler? Only seem to find RS package versions with stripes.

drifter73 06-24-2009 09:28 PM

Yeah I went with a 2LT w/o RS package for the same reason (spoiler and not too big on the summer tires). But...I love the HID/halo combination. I've ordered black with inferno orange rally stripes and if I can get HID with colour-matched (orange/red) halos that would be super bad-ass, I think. My target prod week is 13 July and I'll post pics of how it looks with rally stripes and no spoiler, Darsh, as soon as I get the car.

daniel@txangl.com 06-24-2009 09:30 PM

I hate to burst your bubble, but I just learned the hard way that you CAN NOT use the Factory Halo's in a non-RS without changing the headlights at $800ea, the "Body control Module" unknown cost, front wiring harness, and adding in the 2 power supplies to run the lights.

My dealer did not know this, nor did I, for that matter, at the time I picked up my 2010 Camaro. They even ordered the lights for me. However, after speaking with GM, they said this can not be done through GM. I am sure you can pay out the #$$#$ to get it done elsewhere, but you should have went with the RS. MUCH CHEAPER that way.

On a side note, dealer, has agreed to allow me to return the car and order exaclty what I want. This is what I am doing. They are allowing me to keep the car while they find a buyer, but I am not driving it. I have had it for 4 weeks now, love it, but for the amount of $$$ I paid, it should be exactly what I want. Some here may think I am crazy, but I fell in love with the front of the new Camaro from the concept drawings with the Halo Lights. It's just not the same to me, without them. So I am going to return it and order exactly what I want.

The one I have now kind of fell into my lap. (2SS M6, ICE Silver, with 21" GMPP Wheels, Sun Roof, Loaded, Austin,TX. I did not order it, the dealer simply called me because I had contacted them about buying a Camaro. I am not sure how they manged to actually get one in.

If anyone is interested (not to be a salesman) You can contact Champion Cheverlet in Austin, TX. The car only has 1300mi on it, I have not got on it at all,was still breaking it in and it stays in my garage. BTW, Champion thus far has treated me better than any other dealership that I have dealt with. They have been absolutely fantastic.

Anyway, sorry to break the news to you on this. I wish someone had told me, before I bought the car....

drifter73 06-24-2009 09:36 PM

Ahh that's too bad. Not a deal breaker for me, though - I can live with the stock headlights. Thanks for the information, though. Saved me some grief.