Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Will GM offer any kind of tune? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31209)

shroomjohn 07-07-2009 09:45 AM

Will GM offer any kind of tune?

Does anyone think GM will offer any kind of tune? I mean they offer CAI and exhaust wish theyd go all out so I could just let them do it so I can :bellyroll: w no worries

BoostedX2 07-07-2009 10:51 AM

Roger that, I agree. It seems they just need to concentrate on the performance aspects...

iwanttogofastNY 07-07-2009 05:28 PM

would be awesome....

Silverghost 07-07-2009 05:37 PM

Very doubtful being a tune would mess with the emissions. All the "tuning" that will be done by GM was done in preproduction.

shroomjohn 07-07-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Very doubtful being a tune would mess with the emissions. All the "tuning" that will be done by GM was done in preproduction.
I know but my first thought is Harley. You can get into a bike at a decent price but the saying is the bike is just the down payment on the accessories. Because of emissions these things are restricted pretty bad but all you have to do is "pay the Harley Tax" and youve got yourself a start. Jetting the carb exhaust just for starters to wake this baby up and this is done by Harley and warrantied so why cant GM do it!:mad0259: OH well just wishful thinkin on my part but can you imagine the money that could be made by a GM performance division such as screaming eagle does for Harley make it a lifestyle!

BoostedX2 07-08-2009 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shroomjohn (Post 657766)
I know but my first thought is Harley. You can get into a bike at a decent price but the saying is the bike is just the down payment on the accessories. Because of emissions these things are restricted pretty bad but all you have to do is "pay the Harley Tax" and youve got yourself a start. Jetting the carb exhaust just for starters to wake this baby up and this is done by Harley and warrantied so why cant GM do it!:mad0259: OH well just wishful thinkin on my part but can you imagine the money that could be made by a GM performance division such as screaming eagle does for Harley make it a lifestyle!

Exactly, and this would out-mustang the mustang. A lot of the time I think GM has thier heads up thier A_ _!!

2010cantwait 07-09-2009 10:04 PM

These cars are tuned to get the best balance between power and fuel economy by GM and that will never change since it keeps warranty costs down.

Scott@Bjorn3D 07-10-2009 05:35 AM

GM may sell tunes thru GM Performance Parts in the future. This would let them sell the car making everything fine at time of sale. That is when it counted the cars coming off the line. After that they can do basically what they want. So they sell us good tunes and we still get to keep our warranties.

BoostedX2 07-10-2009 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010cantwait (Post 664579)
These cars are tuned to get the best balance between power and fuel economy by GM and that will never change since it keeps warranty costs down.

People don't buy the SS for economy, they buy it for performance!

Hesh 07-10-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverghost (Post 656587)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010cantwait (Post 664579)

Neither of these are true. They have a stage 2 upgrade tune for the now dead Solstice/Sky platforms. Nice upgrade for them to around 300hp.

BoostedX2 07-10-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgsavujr (Post 665322)
People don't buy the SS for economy, they buy it for performance!

I just heard from somebody that just got a new automatic SS, the dealer said they had a new tune to increse HP by about 40--maybe a fix forthe "slow" automatic cars?

tjbusa 07-10-2009 01:24 PM

Bring it GM

Dakota Kid 07-10-2009 01:33 PM

Ok, I will admit that I don't know exactly what a "tune" is on an automatic.

Can someone enlighten me?

Hesh 07-10-2009 02:01 PM

It is a reflash of the stock computers setting to get the most out of the car in simple terms.