Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Queston on Rims and tires??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10483)

wayneworld 12-10-2008 07:05 PM

Queston on Rims and tires???

:readthethread:Hey everyone. I got a questionabout tires. I ordered the 2SS with the RS package. To my understanding that with the RS package I get 20x8 front and 20x9 rear polished aluminum rims.

What do the 21 inch wheel and tire package look like and The big question which i'll take as many answers as I can get is it worth it?

What is all of you putting on for rims and tires??

Thanks for all your help!:confused0068:

BigTrap1967 12-10-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayneworld (Post 214098)
:readthethread:Hey everyone. I got a questionabout tires. I ordered the 2SS with the RS package. To my understanding that with the RS package I get 20x8 front and 20x9 rear polished aluminum rims.What do the 21 inch wheel and tire package look like and The big question which i'll take as many answers as I can get is it worth it?*What is all of you putting on for rims and tires??Thanks for all your help!:confused0068:

2ss\rs polish aluminum rims,iom\iom,sunroof,hurst shifter and black strips.:headbang::flag2:

Inspector 17 12-10-2008 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There are two LPO 21" wheel options. They are both basically the same except one is polished and the the thin parts on the other are painted black. I will look to see if I can find the other one so you can compare.
Attachment 11583

Rodrunner 12-10-2008 08:04 PM

The RS Package gives you that size wheel, but in Midnight Silver color paint, not the polished aluminum wheels, which are an additional $470 above the RS $1200.

blazzin1 12-10-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayneworld (Post 214098)
:readthethread:Hey everyone. I got a questionabout tires. I ordered the 2SS with the RS package. To my understanding that with the RS package I get 20x8 front and 20x9 rear polished aluminum rims.

What do the 21 inch wheel and tire package look like and The big question which i'll take as many answers as I can get is it worth it?

What is all of you putting on for rims and tires??

Thanks for all your help!:confused0068:

You do not get polished rims with the RS package. You got the sizes correct, but they come with the midnight-silver painted finish. You can option up for the polished rims for an additional $470 (RPO Q9J).

Also just FYI, the 21" rims are extremely expensive ($4865 & $4680) for the polished/painted respectively. Not worth it in my opinion! Plus, if you have ever priced 21" tires, they are quite a bit more expensive than 20's too! I'm sure with all that new HP, I'll be going thru tires rather quickly, I'll stick with the 20" Midnight Silver wheels myself. Hope this helps.

blazzin1 12-10-2008 08:10 PM

Ooops! Sorry there Rodrunner, looks like you beat me to the correction!

wayneworld 12-10-2008 08:20 PM

Is there a pic of these rims any hwere?

blazzin1 12-10-2008 08:28 PM

If you're talking about the Midnight Silver (M/S) wheels, then yes, there are plenty of pics around on this website, just search around, you'll find 'em. Just a forewarning, the difference between the M/S and regular silver painted finish is very subtle. You really need to see both side-by-side to see any difference. If I knew how to post a link to another thread, I'd point you to the pictures of the 6 or 7 Camaro's that were seen parked all in a line in Ohio somewhere. If I remember correctly, the first car in line had regular silver and the second had M/S and you could see the slight difference. Basically, the M/S is just a little darker.

blazzin1 12-10-2008 08:35 PM

Okay, let's see if I figured this out....(I'm pretty computer stupid, sorry!!!)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9750

There's the link I was talking about. And actually, it looks like the first two cars have the M/S wheels, and the 3rd/4th cars have the regular silver finish.