Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Adding Mylink to older gen5 camaro's (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274209)

DWALEX 02-01-2013 12:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS (Post 6106914)
there all in one.

maybe i'm wrong, but the new onstar is different, and the Mid Speed GMLAN passes through the Mobile Telephone Control Module before the Radio. just I try to figure

BigRed82 02-01-2013 01:37 AM

Where can I get a copy of that 2013 manual???

LED Crazy 02-01-2013 02:12 AM

Hmm I could be a test subject with a 12' Ofer

A.J. 02-01-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRed82 (Post 6108663)
Where can I get a copy of that 2013 manual???

Here: http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.a...ected%5Fmedia=

2SSRS@Gen5diy 02-01-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWALEX (Post 6108450)
maybe i'm wrong, but the new onstar is different, and the Mid Speed GMLAN passes through the Mobile Telephone Control Module before the Radio. just I try to figure

I know, ask ppl i spoke to on the phone, all 2010 cars dont have a Mid Speed GMLAN bus, do you know how its wired? from the date interface to the Mobile Telephone Control Module then to the radio with a 120 ohm resister at the ends. i will update soon.

DWALEX 02-01-2013 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS (Post 6112018)
I know, ask ppl i spoke to on the phone, all 2010 cars dont have a Mid Speed GMLAN bus, do you know how its wired? from the date interface to the Mobile Telephone Control Module then to the radio with a 120 ohm resister at the ends. i will update soon.

120 ohm resistor. I think will work. the Data Link resistor isin the passenger compartment, taped on the body harness, on the right side of the vehicle, beside the rear seat, under the quarter trim panel

JAustin 02-04-2013 11:29 AM

I'm subscribed to both this and the original thread this topic, and really want to do this mod. But the further Ofer gets into it, the more challenging it looks. Much more to it than just a head unit change-out. The likely price of the kit won't be the challenge for me, but rather the extent to which I'll have to tear the car apart to do the upgrade. But I'm looking forward it!

StephenS_84 02-04-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAustin (Post 6120036)
I'm subscribed to both this and the original thread this topic, and really want to do this mod. But the further Ofer gets into it, the more challenging it looks. Much more to it than just a head unit change-out. The likely price of the kit won't be the challenge for me, but rather the extent to which I'll have to tear the car apart to do the upgrade. But I'm looking forward it!

Just sit back and watch. Ofer will come out with a kit, and then someone will make a DIY and BAM all the hard work is done.

Bucci 02-04-2013 12:27 PM

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

The Stig 02-04-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenS_84 (Post 6120198)
Just sit back and watch. Ofer will come out with a kit, and then someone will make a DIY and BAM all the hard work is done.

Well - we'll also need someone to make a DIY for the 2011 and 2012 camaros. But yea, the "hard" part will be done already.

bluemaro13 02-04-2013 01:50 PM

I am subscribed as well. I really just want the facia. I have a guy that can do away with the buttons and make it look like they were never there. That is all I want. Good luck on the swap!

topgun966 02-06-2013 02:11 PM

If you need a test dummy for 2012's let me know. I have money already set aside for this.

meSSohappy 02-10-2013 01:57 PM

I am also very interested in this for a 2011 2ss rs vert. Good luck !! Want to do the back up camera as well, but was wondering if the my link mod would iliminate the back up camera mod.....is the video back up camera on the my link screen or in the rear view mirror?

ayyob83 02-11-2013 05:34 AM

good luck man
fingers are crossed


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.