Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   CAMARO ORDERING FOR SOLD ORDERS STARTS 10/13 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6903)

srtclg1007 09-22-2008 01:31 PM

I thought it was too good to be true.... thanks for the real info.

fad1 09-22-2008 03:07 PM

Scotty, why cant we have any honest and cool dealers like you in So. California. Over here, dealers dont treat as a friend, but more like sucker to get the most cash out of you. Do you know any dealers in So Cal. that you can maybe refer me to. I plan to by June of 09. Let me know. YOU ARE THE MAN :thumbup:

Design1stCode2nd 09-22-2008 03:19 PM

Convertible production is still supposed to be summer 2010 right? I’m waiting until I can see, touch and drive both the coupe and convertible back to back before I decide. Plus I want HUD and my car is only 2 yrs old anyway.

If you order GMPP bits they are delivered with the car and installed at the dealership?

CamaroScotty 09-22-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fad1 (Post 135607)
Scotty, why cant we have any honest and cool dealers like you in So. California. Over here, dealers dont treat as a friend, but more like sucker to get the most cash out of you. Do you know any dealers in So Cal. that you can maybe refer me to. I plan to by June of 09. Let me know. YOU ARE THE MAN :thumbup:

I'm willing to be CLONED!

I'm not sure there is such a dealer. When I was at the #3 Vette dealer in the USA, we shipped a LOT of vettes into Cali - :chevy:

EllwynX 09-22-2008 03:55 PM

Spoke to the sales manager at my local dealer today. 1- They won't be accepting orders even when it's an option. 2- There will almost definitely be a markup on the first ones they get. 3- Said he got more information from me in that 5 minute call than he's gotten up to this point.

But he made it clear they won't allow orders until they have gotten some on the lot, and to wait 3 or 4 months to be able to get it at MSRP...

Guess a local dealer is out.

srtclg1007 09-22-2008 04:09 PM

That is crazy. Every dealer i talked to about if they would charge over MSRP , laughed and said they're not crazy and they NEVER mark up anything.... EVEN SPECIAL EDITIONS. I live in Arkansas though. Maybe its different. That sucks that you may have to go far off just to deal with a decent dealer...... It'll be worth it tho.

lalometalik 09-22-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 135497)
doesnt effect us either way then does it

i cant order till i finish the 1st year of my nursing school so i can get a decent wage to pay bills and afford a camaro

dude, more power to you! :thumbsup:
and i thought I was a patient MF'r
i dont think i'll be able to wait from the time I order it till im in the drivers seat :D hopefully before May!

KILLER74Z28 09-22-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 135517)
We were in Chicago on Friday...That's where we were told Oct 15th...but now the Indy folks hear Oct 13th for the first sold order entries into the system.

There was nothing mentioned about an earlier start up. Was this the same meeting? I don't know.

Not sure what they mean about the Malibu reference. I sold and delivered a new 2009 Malibu a few months ago already, and we've had many more order outs after that.

Don’t quote that… When they were speaking at the info session they could not remember if it was Oct. 13 or 15 but they new it was one of those dates. I would go with what you were told Scotty…

Txturbo 09-22-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy1975 (Post 134335)
I wanna know the answer to this question as well. How in the world can you commit to buying something, placing an order as it were, without knowing the price?

If GM actually does allow this it's very foolish. Say they take 10,000 orders for Camaros, start to build them, release pricing and 8,000 orders are canceled because the price is too high? A lot of people get screwed at that point.

Someone at the Indy Q&A asked this same question about early ordering without pricing. The way I understood the answer was, on Oct 15th you can go to your dealership, fill out an order form and select options. Whether a deposit is required or not is up to the dealer. The order forms won't actually be forwarded to the assembly plant until sometime in Dec. after pricing is released. Once pricing is released and you have had a chance to make changes, it is sent to the factory for production. The preordering is mainly to judge interest in trim packages and options so they can prepare for demand.
Also, someone asked about production capacity. The reply was, capacity is "GM Confidential" but, "we will build every one we sell". So don't worry about them not having enough to go around.

KILLER74Z28 09-22-2008 07:14 PM

And here is an interesting fact. Mr. Fitzpatrick stated that GM had received over 600,000 emails inquiring about the new Camaro. Now could you only imagine…

fbird777 09-22-2008 07:57 PM

We need prices ASAP!!!!!!!!

CamaroScotty 09-22-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 (Post 135815)
Don’t quote that… When they were speaking at the info session they could not remember if it was Oct. 13 or 15 but they new it was one of those dates. I would go with what you were told Scotty…

Cool - thanks for clarifying that :thumbsup:

Chewy 09-22-2008 08:54 PM

Hey scotty, when will you start putting names on your allocation list? and is it going to be first to make the deposit- first serve type basis?

fad1 09-22-2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 135639)
I'm willing to be CLONED!

I'm not sure there is such a dealer. When I was at the #3 Vette dealer in the USA, we shipped a LOT of vettes into Cali - :chevy:

Will my cloning you get me a free Camaro off the lot :sm0:

NVMY68SS 09-23-2008 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post

Cool - thanks for clarifying that
Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 135957)
Cool - thanks for clarifying that :thumbsup:

Ok, in the interest of helping out here, I sent Scott an email and he said that the ORDERING WILL GO ONLINE ON THE 13TH.

I'm wondering if this is "pre-ordering" for the enthusiasts and the general public will see a commercial during My Own Worst Enemy telling them that they can go on down to their local dealer on the 15th?!? I don't know, I just trying to figure out why one group was told one thing and another was told something else.

I'm going on the 13th and if it's not live, I guess I'll be going back on the 15th.

augrad94 09-24-2008 09:59 AM

Here is thereply that I got from City Chevy here in Charlotte:

Thanks for the heads up and the post, I would agree with the statement sorta. It would be a little confusing for most consumers, since they don’t clarify that a consensus or order allocation is not the same as an actual ability to order. I appreciate the info and I will keep you posted.

headpunter 09-24-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by augrad94 (Post 137161)
Here is thereply that I got from City Chevy here in Charlotte:

Thanks for the heads up and the post, I would agree with the statement sorta. It would be a little confusing for most consumers, since they don’t clarify that a consensus or order allocation is not the same as an actual ability to order. I appreciate the info and I will keep you posted.

kinda sounds like, thanks we already knew that

seriously though i want toe configurator up asap

Speedy1975 09-29-2008 10:45 AM

Stopped into a local middle TN dealer on Sat just to ask some questions. They're taking deposits now. $100 fully refundable. He said there's been three so far.

On a side note, with the credit crisis, I wonder if folks are gonna be able to get financing on these things?

quanine10 09-29-2008 04:44 PM

where at in middle tenn. I am here in NC and I am willing to travel enable to be the first with the new hotness!

quanine10 09-30-2008 05:48 PM

I just put in my deposit to get on the waiting list, Im 4th on the list. My question is how will October 15 effect me and do you all think that a steady selling dealership in winston Salem nc will get at least four allocated?

ChrisB 09-30-2008 05:52 PM

Went to the biggest chevy dealer in town today and asked to talk to sale manager

He knew absolutely NOTHING, had no clue about oct 15, he didnt even know the options, trim level, only thing he knew was that production will start sometime next year

it will be hard to get quality info around here

EllwynX 09-30-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisB (Post 142294)
Went to the biggest chevy dealer in town today and asked to talk to sale manager

He knew absolutely NOTHING, had no clue about oct 15, he didnt even know the options, trim level, only thing he knew was that production will start sometime next year

it will be hard to get quality info around here

That seems to be the case with most dealers. Someone at work today that already has a deposit with a dealer (no idea who, and don't really care after hearing what they've been telling him) told me they've pushed the Camaro back to 2010. And this was recently they've told him that.

I told him they hadn't and he insisted it was true since the dealer told him. I told him it's definitely not true and that they would take preorders in the next couple weeks. I told him not to believe a word the dealers told him...

Though I'm pretty sure he thinks the dealer is more reliable than me...

fbird777 09-30-2008 09:04 PM

I will be finding a dealer by Oct. 15 for sure, all I need is MSRP and the right APR.

Txturbo 10-01-2008 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllwynX (Post 142495)
That seems to be the case with most dealers. Someone at work today that already has a deposit with a dealer (no idea who, and don't really care after hearing what they've been telling him) told me they've pushed the Camaro back to 2010. And this was recently they've told him that.

I told him they hadn't and he insisted it was true since the dealer told him. I told him it's definitely not true and that they would take preorders in the next couple weeks. I told him not to believe a word the dealers told him...

Though I'm pretty sure he thinks the dealer is more reliable than me...

Yes...originally it was to be a 2009 model, now its a 2010 model.But it will still be available in Mar. 09.

Speedy1975 10-01-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbird777 (Post 142544)
I will be finding a dealer by Oct. 15 for sure, all I need is MSRP and the right APR.

Speaking of APR, has anyone started asking about loans? I'm curious with the current market how tight it actually is.