Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   waiting sux (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320956)

wayne watson 10-01-2013 06:45 PM

waiting sux

Hello friends, a slow week has passed and no delivery date on my car is sent yet.
I am a little older than most of you and have other hot rods but finally in my opinion they
Retrod the perfect camaro considering what they were trying to make.I've been looking at them for awhile and finally pulled trigger . Now don't give me too much grief I purposely
Got a 1 as with only a few extra goodies.nothing wrong with fully loaded but for old school hot rodder this will be the perfect sleeper.may add some extras you never know because we all know hot rods are never finished. Thanks for reading and pics will be on upon arrival

RoadieWingZ 10-01-2013 08:18 PM

A watched pot never boils..... It always seems too long once the order's placed and the waitin begins... Just visit every dealership in your area that has a Camaro for sale and take test drive very weekend until it arrives. Those "fixes" will help pacify the craving....

hunter1660 10-01-2013 08:22 PM

It'll be worth the wait....I speak from experience..

myold88 10-01-2013 09:07 PM

I ordered my SS in June of '09 and waited until the end of August '09 for delivery.
Looking back now, I consider those the "good old days".

MrStarhouse 10-02-2013 02:57 AM

Talking about a long wait. I ordered my 2014 SS yesterday, and will hopefully get it end of April, beginning of May. Hm...

Supposed to be built in January.

But this is to Sweden, Europe.

Luckily there is only snow in between now and then :-)

knowitman 10-02-2013 03:49 AM

I ordered my ZL1 a year ago in the beginning of July and did not even know if the car would be built until mid October. In fact, the dealership gave me my deposit back thinking they would never get the car. It will be well with the wait. It is nice knowing that the car was built for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

wayne watson 10-02-2013 06:56 AM

The only thing I plan to get 1st is the console gauges then I'll just kick back and cruise for awhile as of now don't plan to change a lot but you never know

Renee@SCP 10-02-2013 09:15 AM

It will be well worth the wait ;)

Sword5 10-02-2013 09:18 AM

Congrats and good luck on the waiting. I ordered June 09 and Oct 09 before taking delivery.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 10-03-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayne watson (Post 7054685)
Hello friends, a slow week has passed and no delivery date on my car is sent yet.
I am a little older than most of you and have other hot rods but finally in my opinion they
Retrod the perfect camaro considering what they were trying to make.I've been looking at them for awhile and finally pulled trigger . Now don't give me too much grief I purposely
Got a 1 as with only a few extra goodies.nothing wrong with fully loaded but for old school hot rodder this will be the perfect sleeper.may add some extras you never know because we all know hot rods are never finished. Thanks for reading and pics will be on upon arrival

You'll be driving it no time ;)!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

abaucom21 10-04-2013 08:53 AM

Ordered my 2011 2LT mid May 2010 & delivered early Aug. 2010 (to the week dealer quoted). Worth the wait. During the wait my dealer offered to let me drive a 2010 model for a week...free. I only took him up on his offer of the borrowed the 2010 for one day so I drive around town and get estimates for some mods.