Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Where to buy Springs/Sways (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58677)

caverman 12-30-2009 11:04 PM

Where to buy Springs/Sways

I want to lower my car and I'm trying to decided between Eibach, Pedders, Pfadt. The best price I've found on Pedders and Pfadt is in the $300 range for the springs and $450-$500 for sways.

Where is the best place/price on Eibach Springs and Sway bars?

FEN 12-30-2009 11:10 PM

All good choices.Eibach springs are available from several vendors including Summit for aprox $249

axis 12-30-2009 11:28 PM

autoanything.com has the eibach prokits for $232 and both front and back sways for $327. They also have a 15% off deal right now for anything over $179. That comes to $560 - $84 = $476 with free shipping for EVERYTHING. If you're wanting a lower stance and better handling, these should be fine. If you're wanting that little bit extra, I think the Pfadts or Pedders would be a better choice. That little bit extra comes at a cost of almost twice as much for everything though. The choice is yours.

The_Blur 12-30-2009 11:49 PM

I'd recommend going with a full suspension kit from Pedders or Pfadt. Those guys have really shown themselves to produce good suspensions. Springs are nice, but they don't necessarily make the car more fun to drive. I will probably be going the Pedders route.

d69chris 12-31-2009 12:34 AM

All depends on what your ultimate goals are and your budget.

Full suspension kits can run upwards of $8-10,000, springs and sways improves your stance, looks, and handling for less than 10% the cost.

Do think long term and your ultimate goals, so you don't spend money needlessly. Buying pieces at a time is better than getting something and then tossing it for something better.

It's a process........go slow!

ADM PERFORMANCE 12-31-2009 07:39 AM

ADM in stock...call me for pricing!

Andy

caverman 12-31-2009 10:27 AM

Yeah....the AutoAnything pricing is real nice. For the cost of most other Mfg Sways I can get both Springs and Sways.

I definately think Pedders or Pfadt will produce a better product but with so many upgrades I want to do to my car when I get it I'm definately going to be money consious.

The Camaro is going to be my DD and will only see the drag strip here and there.

I mostly want Springs for the looks and after doing the reseach it seems that the Sway bars are going to be a must as well. It also sounds like the Hotchkis frame brace will be a good add on one day.

Andy.....are you selling Eibach as well or only Pfadt?

tjd24 12-31-2009 10:55 AM

Just ordered Pfadt front/rear sway bar sport package from East Coast Superchargers. Aaron Pfadt (his user name as well here) was kind enough to answer all my questions so won my business.

viper1cobra 12-31-2009 11:03 AM

I ordered the Eibach Springs/Sways Pro-Kit Plus from AutoAnything.com and paid $459.00 total for everything. I bought them when they had 20% off and free shipping on everything.:happyanim:

caverman 12-31-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper1cobra (Post 1335123)
I ordered the Eibach Springs/Sways Pro-Kit Plus from AutoAnything.com and paid $459.00 total for everything. I bought them when they had 20% off and free shipping on everything.:happyanim:

So does your Eibach setup work well for you? I'm assuming you noticed an improvement in handling? Do you know if the Eibach sway bars are solid or hollow?

If money weren't as much of an issue I think I would lean towards Pfadt mostly because they are a little lower (1.25"). I don't know that .25" is worth paying double the money over Eibach.

Reading Pedders info I sure like they way they make their Sway Bars and both Pedders and Pfadt seem to be the big players. Hotchkis is starting to come out with their stuff and I really like the Hotchkis products I've used in the past. However...they are about the same pricing as Pfadt and Pedders.

Again, I'm not road racing and I am having to decide on where to spend my money wisely. It seems like when weighing Cost vs Performance the Eibach route is probably going to be the way to go for now.

Danny Thomas 12-31-2009 12:24 PM

Detroit Speed has a nice kit and they are ex GM engineers

caverman 12-31-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Thomas (Post 1335374)
Detroit Speed has a nice kit and they are ex GM engineers

I do like DSE stuff but their kit is $940 (+ shipping I'm sure). Again...that's double what I can get Eibach stuff for. Also, I asked them if they would sell just their Springs thinking that I would do Springs first and then down the road do the Sways. No go from DSE. It's a complete kit and that's the only way they sell it.

stratman2SSRS 12-31-2009 02:56 PM

I went with Detroit Speed & Engineering.
The sway bars made a great improvement in cornering on the track.
I installed the front dropped springs, and left the rear alone to give it a little attitude.

tjd24 12-31-2009 04:12 PM

Check out the Janaury issue of Camaro Performers for an article on Detroit Speed's springs/sway bar install - great step by step pics and review.