Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   pfadt coilover issues (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296316)

EncoreCamaros 05-18-2013 06:07 PM

pfadt coilover issues

Today i installed my pfadt coilovers literally by the book! After i finished and lowered the car to adjust the ride height, i set both front and back coilovers all the way down and worked my way up to the ride height i wanted. The only problem was that i didnt even touch the front coilovers which were bottomed out and they were still sitting way too high. Almost factory height! I installed everything while reading the instructions and everything went very smooth until I came across this problem. Dont know if its me that screwed up the install or what. please help me out

Supercharged SS 05-18-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EncoreCamaros (Post 6560160)
Today i installed my pfadt coilovers literally by the book! After i finished and lowered the car to adjust the ride height, i set both front and back coilovers all the way down and worked my way up to the ride height i wanted. The only problem was that i didnt even touch the front coilovers which were bottomed out and they were still sitting way too high. Almost factory height! I installed everything while reading the instructions and everything went very smooth until I came across this problem. Dont know if its me that screwed up the install or what. please help me out

Which coil overs do you have?

EncoreCamaros 05-18-2013 07:02 PM

they are the street coilovers, not the drag ones

EncoreCamaros 05-18-2013 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres a pic

Supercharged SS 05-18-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EncoreCamaros (Post 6560160)

I have the brand new drag race specific coil overs. My chassis guy had a similar problem. The front spring was to hard and the rear was to soft. Pfadt offers me another spring package.

L99CAMA2011 05-18-2013 07:11 PM

:needpics:

EncoreCamaros 05-18-2013 07:19 PM

Supercharged ss was the problem solved after the new springs?

L99CAMA2011 05-18-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EncoreCamaros (Post 6560449)

Front spring is probably too tall maybe 10" instead of 8".

Supercharged SS 05-18-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EncoreCamaros (Post 6560449)

Yes it was. It allowed the tech to adjust the ride height to what he wanted. The way we got them we also had both adjustments maxed out. The front was so bad it looked like it was pulling a wheelie not to mention you couldn't even push down on the nose. Pfadt knew what we wanted and sent them to us. It was only a 25lb difference in spring weight but it worked for us.

Supercharged SS 05-18-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 (Post 6560461)
Front spring is probably too tall maybe 10" instead of 8".

We got the same height springs. Just 25 lbs lighter in front and 25 lbs heavier in the rear.

CHMSC 05-18-2013 07:24 PM

:drool: looks awesome sorry you are having a problem. Keep us posted please I am thinking of getting these soon!

EncoreCamaros 05-18-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6560464)
Yes it was. It allowed the tech to adjust the ride height to what he wanted. The way we got them we also had both adjustments maxed out. The front was so bad it looked like it was pulling a wheelie not to mention you couldn't even push down on the nose. Pfadt knew what we wanted and sent them to us. It was only a 25lb difference in spring weight but it worked for us.

Same exact thing, im maxed out and it does look like its doing a wheelie. I emailed pfadt, hopefully they get back to me soon

L99CAMA2011 05-18-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EncoreCamaros (Post 6560506)
Same exact thing, im maxed out and it does look like its doing a wheelie. I emailed pfadt, hopefully they get back to me soon

That's weird though, I went from 225lbs on my Eibach kit to 325 lbs and it wasn't that much of a height difference.

Whipped416 05-18-2013 07:49 PM

wow glad i didnt but these yet seems like some kinks still need to get worked out.