Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   How do you like your vert poll. 1 to 10 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199249)

wayner 02-01-2012 08:39 PM

How do you like your vert poll. 1 to 10

On a scale from 1 to 10. ( 10 being best .)
How do you like your convertible.

No rants or bragging just a number.

Not about the good points or bad points, just a number

Drago77 02-01-2012 08:41 PM

Why don't you add a poll to this... avoid long-winded answers you don't want????

SUX2BU 02-01-2012 08:52 PM

Needs to be a poll.
10! It will be bumped down to a 9 if they never fix the tops.

BLACKCAMARO2SS 02-01-2012 08:53 PM

9 Here 10 if it was a ZL1 vert. :sm0:

evlar 02-01-2012 08:57 PM

Meh... 9

Nutbutt 02-01-2012 09:06 PM

Even with top issues to date

95birdible 02-01-2012 09:08 PM

The Car - 10

The quality issues I have had - 0

Overall - 5

Sorry I cannot give higher but the overall quality on mine just plain sucks.
I love the stares, pictures, going like a bat out of hell legally on the road with
a permagrin. But you guys know the story.

vanlieremead 02-01-2012 09:50 PM

10 for me

Drago77 02-01-2012 10:25 PM

Sorry OP- I know you asked for just a number...

But with all the bit@&en on this site about the top problems, how can you guys rate the car a 9-10/10?!?!?!?! A bit of an oxymoron no???? There's no asterisk in the question... if its a 10; then your satisfied and not worried about rub marks, broken bows etc... right?!?!?!:bs:

SUX2BU 02-01-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drago77 (Post 4415127)
Sorry OP- I know you asked for just a number...

But with all the bit@&en on this site about the top problems, how can you guys rate the car a 9-10/10?!?!?!?! A bit of an oxymoron no???? There's no asterisk in the question... if its a 10; then your satisfied and not worried about rub marks, broken bows etc... right?!?!?!:bs:

The question said to "rate your convertible". My convertible is as good as a $44k production car can be. It's not perfect and has issues just like any other production car. My rub marks aren't that bad anymore and if they don't fix my problem it will lose 10% of it's score. 10% is a lot to lose for one problem.

Drago77 02-01-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUX2BU (Post 4415183)
The question said to "rate your convertible". My convertible is as good as a $44k production car can be. It's not perfect and has issues just like any other production car. My rub marks aren't that bad anymore and if they don't fix my problem it will lose 10% of it's score. 10% is a lot to lose for one problem.

Really?

I've tried to be relatively quiet in my complaints about the top since there's nothing new lately; but (and maybe this is my own nievity being I've never purchased a new car before) but with all the hassle, drama and inconvenience I've personally gone through- including mine and others [aka "your"] "DIY" fixes on a brand new car, I feel a 10% reduction is far beyond gracious.

Quite honestly, I love the concept of the car- but with this particular issue, and the duration, given the opportunity, id have gone w a different car. Sad to say since this is my 3rd different Gen Camaro... but the quality has not lived up to my expectations of any new car, and I definitely do not see myself owning this particular vehicle 3 yrs down the road, despite my original intentions of passing it down to my daughter.

SUX2BU 02-02-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drago77 (Post 4415273)
Really?

I've tried to be relatively quiet in my complaints about the top since there's nothing new lately; but (and maybe this is my own nievity being I've never purchased a new car before) but with all the hassle, drama and inconvenience I've personally gone through- including mine and others [aka "your"] "DIY" fixes on a brand new car, I feel a 10% reduction is far beyond gracious.

Quite honestly, I love the concept of the car- but with this particular issue, and the duration, given the opportunity, id have gone w a different car. Sad to say since this is my 3rd different Gen Camaro... but the quality has not lived up to my expectations of any new car, and I definitely do not see myself owning this particular vehicle 3 yrs down the road, despite my original intentions of passing it down to my daughter.

This is also my first new car purchase, my third Camaro (fourth "F body" car) and I definitely see myself keeping this car and passing it down to my son. Again, the question wasn't how do you rate all the convertible problems or how GM has handled said convertible problems. It was how you rate your individual car. I love my car and is by far my most favorite automobile I have ever owned. Remember this question is 100% opinion and completely subjective.

I guess I am a bit biased though, because I am used to working on cars and I knew I would/will always be tinkering/taking my car apart numerous times. So fixing small or major problems myself isn't really a big deal. After my top was replaced I knew GM didn't know what they were doing and took matters into my own hands. Since then my marks are more cosmetic than anything and I haven't had any leaking or 5th bow issues ever so I can't speak on those, other than GM needs to correctly fix the problems for people who do have them. Honestly I did my write ups more for other people who want to know what is going on with our tops since GM is keeping us in the dark.

D_Day 02-02-2012 12:41 AM

9, after 3 months and 1600mi. No major issues.

Kite31 02-02-2012 01:16 AM

9 Love it.