Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Voiding warranty with 7k miles (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302424)

the_fast_one 06-17-2013 04:35 PM

Voiding warranty with 7k miles

Well I am sitting around 6400 miles on my 12 ss and I am thinking of pulling the trigger on mods I have stock piled at my house and getting a tune. :eyebulge: I have not had a single problem with the car the required warranty minus the A/C switch but other than that it has been perfect.:happy0180:
on car now is halltech CAI, and SLP Loudmouth (taking off when I get headers). Also going to add the ADM race scoop and figure mounting the washer in the trunk.
Speedinc is going to do the install on the following parts :thumbup:
LPE GT9 cam, PRC 6.75 springs, rods, NPP exhaust off 1le, LG 1 7/8 headers with out cats, SLP double roller timing chain, SLP Thermostat, SLP 25% UD Pulley.

before the tune I will probably cut the SLP off and add the 1le diffuser for when the add the NPP exhaust then I will install NPP in a box at home.
Had LG headers and NPP exhaust on my vette and loved that combo. perfect for road trips and nice and loud just cruising on the streets when I wanted it. :cool:

One question my dad asked me is if I was just going to void the warranty after owning the car 7 months why did I go new. Simple answer because I know everything going into the car and building it the way I wanted. He said I am ruining it and he grew up with all the muscle cars and had some real nice ones in the late 60's early 70's :noidea: Just wait for the rest of it. :headbang:

POWERFREAK 06-17-2013 04:40 PM

Keep in mind, you'll only be killing your drive-train warranty...so the remainder of your 3/36k warranty will be there if anything else breaks (like your A/C switch).

Dznts 06-17-2013 04:47 PM

F the warranty!! :headbang: If something breaks, just replace it with something better.

strych9 06-17-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POWERFREAK (Post 6681535)
Keep in mind, you'll only be killing your drive-train warranty...so the remainder of your 3/36k warranty will be there if anything else breaks (like your A/C switch).

Yup, ^^this, EXCEPT...

...contrary to popular belief, the powertrain warranty is not automatically voided with a tune. HOWEVER...if the repair is expensive, the dealer must screenshot the ECM info and send it in to GM for approval, prior to repairs being done. If you are tuned, this step will get the claim denied.

I happily voided mine @ 4800 miles.

the_fast_one 06-17-2013 04:51 PM

Trying to get it scheduled to go in sometime in July for the work and dyno tuning
Been working with Tony and so far it has been a great experience from just general inquiry to deciding to pull the trigger.

jkchambless 06-17-2013 04:53 PM

Personally, I bought some mods like headers but have yet to install them simply because I didn't want to be out of pocket for drive train related issues (like needing my timing chains replaced at 54k miles for $1200+). If you can live with the monetary consequences, then mod away (with pics, of course).

the_fast_one 06-17-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkchambless (Post 6681614)
Personally, I bought some mods like headers but have yet to install them simply because I didn't want to be out of pocket for drive train related issues (like needing my timing chains replaced at 54k miles for $1200+). If you can live with the monetary consequences, then mod away (with pics, of course).

Of course I will have to bite that bullet when it comes but I will upgrading everything with better than stock. Hopefully before spring time I will be blown :happyanim:

nyrfan 06-17-2013 05:02 PM

2013 with 3800 miles and my car goes in Saturday for headers, cats and a duno tune. Bye bye warranty! If something breaks ill build it bigger and better!

Sent from my 2SS/RS

RLHMARINES 06-17-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkchambless (Post 6681614)

Headers alone will not void your warranty.

The Stig 06-17-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLHMARINES (Post 6681661)
Headers alone will not void your warranty.

The tune that long tube headers require will void it though.

tkjohn25 06-17-2013 05:17 PM

800 miles and warranty is gone. Haha

MBS 06-17-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dznts (Post 6681575)
F the warranty!! :headbang: If something breaks, just replace it with something better.

:amen::headbang:

GMTool 06-17-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dznts (Post 6681575)

Yes! This is also my thinking. Tuned my car at 7 weeks old 2300K miles. Waiting for something to break so I will have an excuse for an LS3 conversion. :D

376LS3 06-17-2013 05:50 PM

Warranties are for people that dont know how to work on cars. If you can do your own work, F the warranty. If you cant fix something when it breaks, Id keep the warranty.