Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SLP 2010 Camaro ZL575 supercharged -- unique aero parts & "SS" on grill (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30083)

novajess1972 07-04-2009 06:10 PM

Like: The spoiler, the hood

Don't like: Amateur mail slot filler, wheels.

WeeZee 07-06-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone (Post 634040)
Who's going to make that rear spolier and when???? Come on guys, give us some info!!!!!

RKsport will be doing a replica spoiler and '11 Z-28 functional hood soon

blackedout010 07-06-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeZee (Post 652366)

damn i forgot about ol rksport!!! might have to check them out

nUcLeArEnVoY 07-06-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeZee (Post 652366)

Source plz.

GothamCamaro 07-06-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 635374)
I like the hood (but I'm already sold on a stinger from Nickey), love the spoiler, love the power, not big on the wheels, wondering whats the price tho. keep us updated.

Ditto on the Nickey stinger hood but I do like this hood if I was going to give it the Bumble Bee hood look. Not into the spoiler but anything that can be made available helps us mod our Camaros. The packaging won't work for those of us that already bought our Camaros.

gospeedgo17 07-06-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caliman93230 (Post 636584)
spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler
mushrooms mushrooms

spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler
mushrooms mushrooms

mushrooms mushrooms

mushrooms mushrooms

Props to CRC and to Caliman - that is hilarious.
Regarding the car, I agree with Caliman, with an edit:

5th-Gen Badg-es

Lucky SOB 07-07-2009 09:39 AM

How can we get the front and rear SS emblems? In the proper font please...

mrdetail45 07-07-2009 08:15 PM

LOOKING FOR HURST SHORT THROW SHIFTER FOR MY 2010 2SS THAT I HAD TO SUB FOR THE GM ONE IT CAME WITH BECAUSE OF MANUFACTURING PROBLEMS

Arsenal11 07-07-2009 08:21 PM

Can you order those rims?

TAG UR IT 07-08-2009 12:34 AM

^No.

Everyone...hold off on ordering any other spoilers or rims. Just hold off a bit. You might really like OTHER types of things coming out!

Arsenal11 07-08-2009 12:55 AM

got a point there

JDBeck23 07-09-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 657852)
^No.

Everyone...hold off on ordering any other spoilers or rims. Just hold off a bit. You might really like OTHER types of things coming out!

:mad0259: we need more than teaser info Tag! Cmon now!:):popcorn:

TAG UR IT 07-10-2009 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBeck23 (Post 662837)
:mad0259: we need more than teaser info Tag! Cmon now!:):popcorn:

I wish I could. Someone would have my head!
:sm4:

tones2SS 07-10-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restroom (Post 636941)
Bottom of the brochure mentions three additional packages. Don't care about the first one, but I hope the codes "ZL427" and "ZL454" mean what I think they mean...

It says to check the site for further details, but no dice.

While we're at it, might the code "AE427" ever make it?

I'm with ya brother. VERY interested in what those packages mean. And like Restroom said, Do they mean what I think they mean?!?!?:drool:
Any answers from the SLP guys would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

RetroDude 08-10-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLP Performance (Post 634970)
Thanks for your imput. We were prudent to put in a patent on the appearance items to prevent this from happening. Give us a couple of weeks to reveal the aftermarket hood and spoiler and I'm sure you'll agree that they look great.

Regards,

Team SLP

It's been 5 weeks ... anything to report?? Hood & Spoiler ! :iono:

TAG UR IT 08-10-2009 02:17 AM

Yep..something has to be coming out this month!

rocketman 12 08-10-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 780453)
Yep..something has to be coming out this month!

Like what, and when???? :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

nascarnate326 08-10-2009 04:02 PM

Wow, that may be the best looking 5th gen I have seen. Do it up in white, fix the badge font and you will have one sick looking car. Any way to get a smaller tire? I can see myself needing new tires often. :)

SLP, great job. You guys did magic for my 4th gen, I have faith in you .

Corvin 08-11-2009 08:49 PM

I should be getting my car in the next few weeks, god willing. My wife just told me I can have whatever options I want for my car and it will be my xmas gift. I need to know how much the ZL575 package is going to cost before I tell her this is what I want. Anyone know the price or know when that info will be released?

TJ91 08-11-2009 08:53 PM

what a beautiful spoiler

Corvin 08-12-2009 08:57 AM

ACK! Just checked their site, $23,000 for the package, my wife loves me but I don't think that much...:laugh:

2010 2-Tone 08-12-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdetail45 (Post 657062)
LOOKING FOR HURST SHORT THROW SHIFTER FOR MY 2010 2SS THAT I HAD TO SUB FOR THE GM ONE IT CAME WITH BECAUSE OF MANUFACTURING PROBLEMS

I know its your first post but unlock the caps lock button!!!! Thanks

SLP Performance 08-19-2009 07:50 AM

Hey Folks, been pretty covered up by press/media activities lately. Here's the official press release and some media images. The full brochure is available for download at www.slpcamaro.com

Toms River, NJ - SLP announces its Limited Edition ZL® Series 550 Horsepower and 575 Horsepower Supercharged Camaros, based off Chevy’s all-new 2010 Camaro SS®.

Produced by SLP Performance Parts, Inc. and only available at Chevy dealerships throughout the U.S. and Canada, SLP’s Supercharged Camaro offers Supercar performance, handling and braking with the head-turning appeal that enthusiasts have been long awaiting.

Following in the footsteps of the 40,000+ Camaro SS specialty vehicles SLP built for GM and its dealers from 1996 to 2002 is a daunting challenge. At $22,995 (plus the base price of the Camaro SS), one test drive will convince skeptics that SLP’s Supercharged Camaro offers the best performance value of any high performance, limited edition, production car available today.

Based on the 2010 Camaro SS, only 250 sequentially numbered ZL550 automatic transmission and 250 ZL575 manual transmission cars will be built. Available in any factory color, the Supercharged Camaro’s performance and curb appeal are enhanced by a positive displacement supercharger (similar to the one GM includes with the new ZR-1 Corvette) and highlighted by SLP’s aggressively styled composite hood with functional scoop (design patent pending).

To compliment the Supercharged Camaro’s aggressive front-end appearance, the new body-color rear deck lid spoiler’s distinctive styling changes continue that theme. Helping to transfer the Supercharged Camaro’s power to the pavement are the factory supplied 20” Pirelli P Zero P240/40ZR20 tires with SLP’s light weight ZL Red Line 20” x 9” alloy wheels on the rear and factory 20” Pirelli P Zero P245/45ZR20 tires and SLP’s 20” x 8” alloy wheels on the front.

Throughout the Supercharged Camaro’s development process, our objective was to engineer the very highest quality performance, handling and braking improvements that would provide the performance enthusiast with a well balanced package.

Not only will our Supercharged Camaros outperform the competition, they’re built to ensure long-term satisfaction and are covered by SLP’s 3 year/36,000 mile warranty.

Considering the significant horsepower increase, we’re offering two Brembo brake upgrades:

• The first is Brembo’s Sport Disc Package which includes four new front and rear drilled discs. They provide improved pad bite and more efficient out-gassing of the brake pads, resulting in improved braking efficiency and reduced fade.

• The second option is Brembo’s GT Front Brake Package, which includes 6 piston mono bloc calipers with two-piece 15” front discs that provide increased thermal capacity, increased pad area and lower operating temperatures. With the addition of this option, SLP increases the PCM Top Speed Limiter from 155 mph to 190 mph.

Based on preliminary testing and depending on the driver, road surface conditions and outside air temperature, our Supercharged Camaro will generate sub-4 second 0-60 mph times and sub-12 second 1/4 mile times. Once the first media road test is completed, results will be posted on our website www.slpcamaro.com.

Every ZL Supercharged Camaro begins life as a 2010 Camaro SS. When production begins in September of 2009, Supercharged ZL550 and ZL575 Camaros ordered in the U.S. and Canada will be shipped to SLP’s Toms River, NJ production facility. There, vehicles will be carefully assembled, dyno-tested and then shipped back to the ordering Chevy dealership.

Supercharged Camaro Standard Content Includes:

• SLP TVS 2300 High-Output Supercharger Assembly

• SLP PowerFlo® Axle-Back Exhaust System with 4” Dual Wall Tips

• SLP Blackwing® Cold Air Induction System

• SLP Modified Stock Engine Cover with 550 HP or 575 HP badging

• SLP Sport Suspension Package (Lowers Vehicle 1” Front and Rear)

• SLP RTM Hood with Functional Heat Extractor Scoop* & Fascia Closeout Panel (*Design Patent Pending)

• SLP Rear Spoiler Painted Body Color

• SLP 5-Spoke 20” Red Line Wheels with Machined Spoke Face & ZL® Center Caps

• Rear Tail Light Panel Painted Gloss Black

• Rear Quarter Panel Gill Inserts in Gloss Black

• Three OEM-Quality ZL550 or ZL575 Supercharged Fender and Rear Deck Lid Badges

• Premium Front Floor Mats Embroidered with ZL550 or ZL575 Supercharged Logo

• Embroidered Front Headrests with ZL550 or ZL575 Supercharged Logo

• Sequentially Numbered Dash Plaque (1) and Key Fobs (2) with ZL550 or ZL575 Supercharged Logo

• Leather (faux) Bound Portfolio, Owner’s Manual, Birth Certificate & Window Sticker

Optional Supercharged Camaro Content:

• SS® Badges (GM Official Licensed Product) for Grille and Rear Tail Light Panel

• Rally Style Dual Painted Stripes in Black, White or Silver (Gloss Finish)

• Heritage-Style Painted Hockey Stick Side Stripes in Black, White or Silver (Gloss Finish)

• Brembo Sport Disc Package Includes New Front and Rear Drilled Discs

• Brembo GT Front Brake Package Includes 6 Piston Calipers and Two-piece 15” Front Discs

(includes speed limiter increase to 190 mph)

For ordering information contact:
SLP’s Dealer & Customer Assistance Center at (810) 724-8703
or email sales@slpcamaro.com

ZL, PowerFlo, and Blackwing are registered trademarks of SLP Performance Parts, Inc.
Camaro, SS, and Chevy are registered trademarks of General Motors Corporation.

Regards,

Dave @ Team SLP

RetroDude 08-19-2009 07:56 AM

What about individual parts?? Like Hoods and Spoilers !! :iono:

SLP Performance 08-19-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RetroDude (Post 816505)
What about individual parts?? Like Hoods and Spoilers !! :iono:

The ZL package specific items such as hood and spoiler will not be available except except as a part of our ZL cars. Our aftermarket division does have a hood and a similar spoiler that will be available soon. As soon as they can supply me with images and pricing I will post them. There are many more items that we are working on releasing such as a similar wheel, and once again, as the info becomes available, I will post it up.

Regards,

Dave @ Team SLP