Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Black Camaro parked next to Dodge Avenger (for size comparison) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3237)

Tran 03-17-2008 04:02 PM

Black Camaro parked next to Dodge Avenger (for size comparison)

3 Attachment(s)
There haven't been many photos of the Camaro parked next to other cars where we can get a good idea of its size/scale, but here's a photo of the preproduction Camaro parked next to a Dodge Avenger and also being loaded onto the transport truck. Thanks to nikecar for the photos!

Attachment 4134

Attachment 4135

Attachment 4136

Here is the only other good photo of the car next to another car that I can remember:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...7&d=1197400042

SSmoked 03-17-2008 04:04 PM

asom pics. i love the way it site so low to the ground.

EEEEEEE they have the window down when its raining on the car.... eeee they have the car out when its raining lol

1bad67camaro 03-17-2008 04:07 PM

i want one hugger orange with black ss strips im all in

joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 03-17-2008 04:07 PM

:burnrubber: I can not wait to punch that throttle!!!!:character0182: :rolling5thgen:

nikecar 03-17-2008 04:08 PM

I might add, that the Camaro in the first pic, was next to the new Hybrid Tahoe. On the OTHER side of the Tahoe was the 2nd black one. If the reports are accurate, that other one was the manual one as the one i snapped at the top was the automatic model.

On the other side of the Dodge was the White Holden Lumina. .

It started to drizzle when the trucker was loading em up. I took that pic when he went to get the Holden Lumina.

Gatecrasher 03-17-2008 04:14 PM

Not that I had many doubts, but I'm glad to see it's not a huge BARGE like the Challenger.

JaysonAych 03-17-2008 04:15 PM

I've been waiting for a good comparison to another vehicle. It doesn't look any wider than the Avenger is, and the Avenger is 72.8 inches wide. So it seems the production Camaro is a bit more petite than the concept.

Jay 03-17-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaysonAych (Post 52926)
I've been waiting for a good comparison to another vehicle. It doesn't look any wider than the Avenger is, and the Avenger is 72.8 inches wide. So it seems the production Camaro is a bit more petite than the concept.

Well I know our eyes can play tricks.... but im pretty sure the camaro much wider than the avenger.... i dont see how you see its the same....but meh, it could be the angles and stuff too....maybe nike can chime in and tell us how wide it really was in comparison to the avenger.

bouncertime 03-17-2008 04:29 PM

I wonder what the engineers would say to the first person to walk up with a tape measure.:D

Jak 03-17-2008 04:32 PM

Freaking beautiful!!!!! I'm a little surprised(in a good way), it's not as big as thought it'd be. Man, I can't wait to climb in mine:headbang5thgen:

Jay 03-17-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bouncertime (Post 52934)
I wonder what the engineers would say to the first person to walk up with a tape measure.:D

lmao.....

joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 03-17-2008 04:33 PM

Could you imagine what they would do if they caught you under the hood?!:paddle: :sm4:

JaysonAych 03-17-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 52929)
Well I know our eyes can play tricks.... but im pretty sure the camaro much wider than the avenger.... i dont see how you see its the same....but meh, it could be the angles and stuff too....maybe nike can chime in and tell us how wide it really was in comparison to the avenger.

Yeah, one can't get the exact perspective and dimension from a photo, but for giggles I did a rough measure on my screen of how wide the Camaro and the Avenger are, and the Camaro was actually narrower, but accounting for it being farther away in perspective, I imagine it's about the same width, if not, just a smidge wider. And looking at the cars' positions relative to the stripes on the parking lot, it looks about the same there too.

I know that's not at all scientific but just from what I see, it doesn't really look any wider than the Avenger to me at all, even without measuring. But we'll never know for sure until some board members in the testing areas get those tape measures :D

balonywolf 03-17-2008 04:45 PM

Yeah, it's hard to tell with the Avenger's wheels turned that way. They do look to be about the same width.