Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LG header, x-pipe & mufflers - Where are they manufactured? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309304)

Sauraus 07-25-2013 04:38 PM

LG header, x-pipe & mufflers - Where are they manufactured?

I am in talks with a tuning shop about either getting the Pfadt Tri-Y header or a complete LG system and during this conversation a comment was made that LG exhaust systems are manufactured in China is this true? :twitch: And more important does it even matter? :confused:

axis 07-25-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauraus (Post 6820039)
I am in talks with a tuning shop about either getting the Pfadt Tri-Y header or a complete LG system and during this conversation a comment was made that LG exhaust systems are manufactured in China is this true? :twitch: And more important does it even matter? :confused:

Have no idea where LG gets their LT's from. It only matters to the person buying them. LG is a quality company that will back their products. That's the issue with the cheap Chinese knock-offs that float around ebay. If there's a issue of any kind, you have little to no support for returns. Many of those say "lifetime warranty" but it's hard to collect on a warranty claim if there's no way to get in touch with the manufacturer. I can promise you, if you have a issue with a LG product, you will easily find a phone number and they will make it right. That being said, those Pfadt headers are a work of art and I know they are made here in the states.

John Deere Racer 07-25-2013 04:55 PM

Borla I think

Deezee 07-25-2013 06:21 PM

Fwiw I had LG super pros on my C6 vette. They were "top of the line" back then but I still had some fitment issues on them. I needed to bend some metal on the vette by the passengers side collector, and even though my slp axle back exhaust fit right on my stock x pipe perfect, I had to open up the relief slits under the LG clamps to make it tighten all the way. Great quality but didn't just "bolt on". I'm not sure of the fit on the SS, but I have the pfadts on order now.

62nalide 07-25-2013 07:07 PM

CHINA :(

62nalide 07-25-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axis (Post 6820098)
Have no idea where LG gets their LT's from. It only matters to the person buying them. LG is a quality company that will back their products. That's the issue with the cheap Chinese knock-offs that float around ebay. If there's a issue of any kind, you have little to no support for returns. Many of those say "lifetime warranty" but it's hard to collect on a warranty claim if there's no way to get in touch with the manufacturer. I can promise you, if you have a issue with a LG product, you will easily find a phone number and they will make it right. That being said, those Pfadt headers are a work of art and I know they are made here in the states.

Their headers are chinese FYI

Alot9439 07-25-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62nalide (Post 6820612)
Their headers are chinese FYI

Are you sure ? Seems that at their prices they would be made here :twitch:. that being said they are of great quality from what I hear.

62nalide 07-25-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alot9439 (Post 6820805)
Are you sure ? Seems that at their prices they would be made here :twitch:. that being said they are of great quality from what I hear.

Yes sir, I spoke to them in person and they said CHINA made headers :doh: which was a deal breaker for me for the price. That and fitment issues I've seen on other cars

Deezee 07-25-2013 08:54 PM

Yea quality was top notch, but the fit could've been better :( I didn't hear that much on the vette forum tho? Could've just been mine? They were new tho

LG Motorsports 07-26-2013 11:36 AM

Here is the deal fellas,

We do have parts of our headers made overseas because the EPA has shut down most any factory with a smoke stack. Our Race Merge Collectors are a Stainless steel Investment casting that we could not get made in the US.

Every header on the market has at least something made there. Some get bent tubes from China and other just buy Strait Stainless steel tubing from there. and I mean EVERY Company

We use Eastern Catalytic converters made in Pennsylvania. other companies use Chinese Cats. The biggest rumor monger about header orign is a header manufacturing company that buys their Stainless Tubing From China but still claims, "Made in AMerica". The supplier of the SS Tubing is a US company but the origin of the tubing is China. Believe me, I tried! (Remember when western PA was called "Steel Cities" and the Pittsburg Steelers!!-- well not any more)

28% of the Corvette C6 was made over seas. The new C7 will have even more parts made in China and assembled in Bowling green, Ky.

GM just took their BAILOUT money and built 7 brand new Manufacturing plants in CHINA in partnership with the Chinese Communist Government. Nice right?

Over 90% of the Camaro is made outside of the US. Assembled in Canada.
When we made our Camaro Short Shifter, we bought a factory shifter from the Chevy Dealer. on the back side was the Sticker, "Made In China"

This iMac computer that I am typing on is MADE in CHINA. There are NO TVs made in America now for 3 years. The last plant closed down in Tenn.

BLAME the EPA and Dept of Interior for the loss of manufacturing in the USA.

30 years ago, Manufacturing in the US accounted for 25% of the GDP. TODAY it only accounts for 5% of the GDP.
95% of Everything you buy at Walmart comes from overseas.

We are no different than GM who builds 85% of the Cadillac CTS in China.

We do have a low cost "Street Series" Corvette headers that are built in China and we price it accordingly.

Everything we do, we give a lifetime warranty. We Control our quality better than you could imagine and our Stainless steel in our Merge Collector is also 304. Regardless of the origin, it comes down to quality control and design. We have both.

So , if you want to not buy a car part from China, Buy a HONDA because they are built in OHIO.

We also tried to get our Wheels made in the US and we found that there are no significant Wheels Casting facilities left in the US.

You want to change this, Change our Government!! (well, change it anyway)

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

LG Motorsports

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...lers%20web.jpg

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...lector-WEB.jpg

Kyle2k 07-26-2013 11:52 AM

I think part of the contention is why these headers are $1000 more compared to the next most expensive Chinese manufactured headers?

I would seriously rather dimple a pipe a tenth of an inch than pay that much of a difference - however, based on your shop's reputation there are definitely people out there that will.

LG Motorsports 07-26-2013 12:16 PM

I think you will find that the material, quality, welds, and general material spec are different. I have seen some of the kind you are talking about and they crack easily because the alloy is a compromise.

Look, if you want a header with our true racing Merge collector, then we have it. If you want thicker tubing then we have it.
If you want none of that, then I suggest that you get your hammer out like you said and have at it.
Our full header, mid pipe and X pipe is priced much less than you think. It goes up with the Mufflers or the cats but again, see the photos and you will know.

Then, other than the ebay thin headers, I still want to point out that every header sold in the US has either some content from China. From tubing at the minimum to compete headers for other companies.
Just because they say,"Made in USA" doesn't mean 100%.

ALSO, let me remind you that we do have Corvette "Street Series" with cheaper collectors and a Stamped Merge collector that is made in China and we sell them at a very low price. We will be coming out later this year with a similar "Street Series" LG Header for the Camaro that will be lower prices to meet the market that is only interested in Price.

either way, we do have a life time warrantee and we stand behind our products. If you need tuning for your LG Headers, we have the Mail order tuning available. If you want a Cam, we have tested hundreds of cams to come up with the Best 5-7 cams that work really well in the Camaro with our G5 Cams. We have shocks and suspension parts, Cold air intakes, brakes and Wheels for your Camaro as well.

THAT is what we do. Our 40 years of racing and 3 National championships, even 2 of them were in a Camaro 4th gen. sorry, one championship was in a Mustang :(

We can help you from the nose of your car to the rear bumper and everything in between. If you have an issue with your car, you can call LG Motorsports and we are there for you. We probably even help many of your installers with technical assistance.

WE ARE YOU!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...74589383_o.jpg

Kyle2k 07-26-2013 12:30 PM

Thanks for the extra info!

matt55 07-26-2013 12:42 PM

"BLAME the EPA and Dept of Interior for the loss of manufacturing in the USA.*"

+1