Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Camaro Z28 Commercial or Footage Filmed in Barstow (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102361)

tacosupreme 08-19-2010 10:07 PM

Camaro Z28 Commercial or Footage Filmed in Barstow

FYI, Chevy is filming a commercial out by my house (Coyote dry lake, Barstow, CA) and the film crew went around to the few homes here requesting that we don't stir up any dust they will be filming a commercial for the "new camaro" in the morning. I asked what kind of camaro and the guy said the 600HP kind... I'll try to get some spy shots tomorrow. You guys have any questions I should ask them?

jayman 08-20-2010 08:51 AM

yeah. Ask them if you can drive it..lol

radz28 08-24-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacosupreme (Post 2239342)
FYI, Chevy is filming a commercial out by my house (Coyote dry lake, Barstow, CA) and the film crew went around to the few homes here requesting that we don't stir up any dust they will be filming a commercial for the "new camaro" in the morning. I asked what kind of camaro and the guy said the 600HP kind... I'll try to get some spy shots tomorrow. You guys have any questions I should ask them?

Any word on this? :drool::thumbsup::headbang:

ShnOmac 08-24-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing (Post 2239182)
and when someone that has the z28 starts modding your car won't be able to keep up with it. but then it becomes who has the bigger pocketbook.

:word: There will always be someone faster!

But the car with the Z28 badge will always be cooler..... ;)

JMHO

ShnOmac 08-24-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

:iono:....... Odd........

Milk 1027 08-24-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

I HIGHLY doubt they would be filming commercials for a non existent car right now...

FINALLYSATISFIED 08-24-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Your obviously not following directions if they said don't stir anything up, lol.

tacosupreme 08-24-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 2255122)
Any word on this? :drool::thumbsup::headbang:

Sorry dude, They had it in the trailer by the time I made it over there (that was 8:30 AM). It was the new z28, the guy said it should air "this summer" so my guess is a month or so. It left some gnarly tracks, looked like a 747 taking off from the dust. They were all busy packing up and weren't real talkative, but I'm sure we'll see some footage soon enough. They also filmed some of the Transformers movie in the same location, so I don't know if it will be a similar theme or not. Here's a pic of my beater out on the lake, you'll see the commercial and recognize the panorama later and believe me. I'm sure the car isn't in production yet, but there is obviously several prototypes cruising around.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1.../Snapshot4.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...n/Snapshot.jpg

jayman 08-24-2010 11:33 PM

I hate to burst your bubble but if they just shot the scenes for the commercial then there is no way they will have it out before the end of summer.

blufin 08-25-2010 09:30 AM

Maybe next summer.

lil_red_v6 08-25-2010 10:28 AM

u fail for no spy shots

ArkySS 08-25-2010 10:33 AM

Yep you are fired....

BWProductions 08-25-2010 11:07 AM

Awesome I can't wait to see it. Keep us posted.

Ron66Vette&10SS 08-25-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

.....the guy said the 600HP kind...

IF this legit and IF it was for the Z28 (or whatever Chevy decides to call it) and IF the guy either "knew something" OR actually saw some sort of "600hp" badge or emblem on it.....well :headbang: !!!