Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ordered today...pretty disappointed (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9031)

FunkyELF 10-28-2008 05:46 PM

Ordered today...pretty disappointed

So, I ordered today and I am pretty disappointed.

First off..I wanted a 2SS orange with the high wing spoiler.
The spoiler didn't appear on there unless it was a V6.
So...no spoiler on the V8?
Also, I hear it might not be available in orange at all.

Also...about the orange...
I thought it would be the same as the corvette orange, but apparently that is "atomic orange", not "inferno orange". The swatch that they had for inferno orange on some truck looked more red than it did orange.

I hope the orange winds up looking like the corvette's....otherwise I may have to change my order to black.

rolnslo 10-28-2008 05:49 PM

If the orange truck you saw was a Colorado, that's the color you ordered for your Camaro. It's not going to look like the Corvette.

The_Blur 10-28-2008 06:18 PM

The spoiler is standard, and the orange you ordered is Inferno Orange. It looks like the Colorado. You may want to switch to Black based on your own preferences.

littlecammi 10-28-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkyELF (Post 174625)
I wanted a 2SS orange with the high wing spoiler.
The spoiler didn't appear on there unless it was a V6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 174653)
The spoiler is standard on the SS.

A spoiler is standard on the SS, but the OP wants the dealer option HIGH WING spoiler. Would have to remove the standard SS spoiler and the mounting holes are not the same, which is why the program didn't want to let him spec the high wing for his SS.

CWI 10-28-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlecammi (Post 174816)
A spoiler is standard on the SS, but the OP wants the dealer option HIGH WING spoiler. Would have to remove the standard SS spoiler and the mounting holes are not the same, which is why the program didn't want to let him spec the high wing for his SS.

The high wing spoiler is a dealer option, this is the first i've heard anything about mounting holes being different. Doesn't make sense to me that GM would not consider that and use typical holes for both spoilers.:iono:

littlecammi 10-28-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWIweldace (Post 174826)
The high wing spoiler is a dealer option, this is the first I've heard anything about mounting holes being different. Doesn't make sense to me that GM would not consider that and use typical holes for both spoilers.

I looked back and found some of Hylton's posts about this:

"Just noticed that quite a few folks are ordering the lower ground effects and wing spoiler for their cars. Problem is that unless you buy a non RS or SS car, your car will require expensive body work on the trunk lid because the Wing spoiler holes are different than the Duck or SS spoiler holes (which your car will come with)."

"According to the Workbook, the high wing spoiler is a dealer installed item. If this is the case, what does the dealer do when someone has ordered it for an SS or RS? The car will come from the factory with the SS spoiler and the dealer will have to fill the SS spoiler holes before making the new holes for the Wing spoiler."

As of now there is no factory RPO for spoiler delete, which would be needed to get an LS or LT trunklid (without spoiler) on an RS or SS Camaro.

FunkyELF 10-29-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 174653)
The spoiler is standard, and the orange you ordered is Inferno Orange. It looks like the Colorado. You may want to switch to Black based on your own preferences.

About the spoiler...as others have noted, I want the high wing spoiler.

As for the orange...now I have to go out and look for an orange Colorado and see if it will do...otherwise I will probably go black.

Ultimately, what I was looking for was an orange camaro with flat black stripes (aftermarket so that they go down the bumpers and on the roof) and black rims (also aftermarket because $4k or $5k is a little F#*$ing stupid).

I like the 2 tone interior with the orange on the two front seats, but that whole orange bench in the back seems kinda cheesy. I ordered it but may change it to black.

Too many decisions to make with too many unknowns especially with pricing.

Chevy is just taking this information we're giving them by ordering it early so they can determine the best way to suck us dry. Enough people want a particular option and it will be more than the "leaked" price.

Supermans 10-29-2008 04:14 AM

Yeah, the orange is not the same as Hugger Orange that the convertible concept with the painted black stripes is.. They are probably going to have Hugger Orange available for the convertible though next year if you could wait...

Mr_Draco 10-29-2008 08:23 AM

The Pontiac Solstice also has inferno orange.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1222011837

Mr_Draco 10-29-2008 08:25 AM

Here's a thread with pics of it on the Camaro.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7056

Jiu Jitsu Jon 10-29-2008 08:45 AM

Am I color blind or does that look like red to anyone else?

Mr_Draco 10-29-2008 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 175242)
Am I color blind or does that look like red to anyone else?

It does look like it has reddish tint to it.

Txturbo 10-29-2008 08:55 AM

EXACTLY...thats what I've been saying all along. The Inferno Orange doesn't look like orange or the concept convertible orange. That Solstice picture is the first picture I've seen that looks like it does in person. You can't even tell its metallic until you are standing right next to it in the sun.

FunkyELF 10-29-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 175224)
The Pontiac Solstice also has inferno orange.

Thanks. I live right by a Pontiac dealership...the chevy dealership is a ways away. I will go there and check out the orange and see if I need to switch to black or cyber grey.