Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Email Only Dealerships (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296694)

SemperGumby 05-20-2013 07:14 PM

Email Only Dealerships

Is anyone familiar with dealerships that are "Email Only" as far as dealer trades go?

A little back story:

I originally placed an order for a 2014 SS, my thread is somewhere on here, but after going back and forth about it I called up my dealership and said I just want to get a 2013 instead. I figure if I like the redesign in 2015 I'll be in a better position to trade up with a 13 than having a 14 for a year.

That was last Friday. Saturday morning I headed in and was told they found a 2013 SS/RS for me but it was at another dealership. They said that they were going to have to email the dealer and that they should get a response Monday morning and I should be in the car by Monday late afternoon.

Monday (today) rolls around, I'm sitting at work eagerly awaiting the call. My guy sends me a message that they still haven't heard but it was still early so don't worry. About 2pm rolls around and they decide to call, they are told the guy they need to speak to is at lunch, give it about 30 minutes. They call back about an hour later, find out that the dealer to dealer is on vacation and the guy doing his job is busy.

Then I get a call just a few minutes ago from my rep and he says that they just found out that no managers were actually working at the other dealership today and that he is just as frustrated as I am. Which can be debated. So he'll start over in the morning and try to get answers.

My question is this: Is this common practice anyone here is familiar with? I understand dealerships compete, the only reason I had to wait this long is because they had to go pretty far out to find a car for me because of competing dealerships. But for a GM company to, what seems to me, be dragging it's feet and apparently outright lying to my dealership seems ridiculous. I've already got a check on the way, I've already put my down payment down, and yeah I'm a bit peeved.

batman53201 05-20-2013 08:13 PM

dealerships trade cars all the time.

SemperGumby 05-21-2013 09:19 AM

Small update. My guy is waiting for a call from the other dealership asap. That's about it.

SemperGumby 05-21-2013 02:08 PM

Another update:

My guy just called to say he is at the same place as yesterday. Every time he calls the other dealership they claim that the manager is in a meeting or unavailable. I've told him to either have the car here tomorrow or he can rip up the paperwork and my deposit and I'm going to go buy a 5.0. I've given them 5 days to have a car less than 200 miles away brought in. Chevy is really letting me down here.

GearheadSS 05-21-2013 02:18 PM

It's hard to get a hold of some dealer trade managers. That's just part of the business. Some dealers are easier to deal with than others on trades. I keep a log of those that are easy to deal with and those that aren't. Those that aren't don't normally get a quick response from me and I don't go out of my way to help them. I tend to treat other dealers the way they treat me on a dealer trade.

Midnight Rat 05-21-2013 07:30 PM

call that dealer make a deal and go pick it up