Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   RIP 2012 ZL1 #1635 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333504)

jhoop302 12-20-2013 01:09 PM

RIP 2012 ZL1 #1635

On Sunday, December 15, 2013, my prized 2012 Camaro ZL1 took its last breath at 4:47 pm. The car was at the dealer in Georgetown, DE for paint issues (under warranty). It had been locked in the service bay over the weekend. On Sunday afternoon, an employee of the dealership (service writer) entered the locked building, removed the keys to my car from the service department, and went on a joyride. The car was totaled when he lost control and sheared off a telephone pole.

The dealership informed my wife and I on Monday morning at 9:00 a.m. of our loss. Yes, they waited over 16 hours to tell us about our car. I am sure they discussed the incident with their attorneys prior to calling us.

It is now Friday, the car has been officially totaled by the insurance company, and the dealership is telling us it is not their problem. They even refuse to provide my wife and I (and our insurance company) with their insurance information.

I traded in my 2011 SS2 Camaro and sold my 1969 Camaro SS in pristine condition to buy the ZL1. I will never be able to afford another new ZL1, and basically I don't think I should have to be put in the position to have to buy a new one. We trusted the dealership to use vigilance while our car was in their possession. We can't even have charges pressed against their employee for theft because the car was not in OUR possession when stolen.

Something about this whole thing just doesn't seem right. What would you do if this was your baby?

VJZL1 12-20-2013 01:13 PM

You need to contact an attorney ASAP. The dealer is completely liable for the car while is is being serviced by them. Your entitled to a new vehicle. This is an easy open and shut case.

SB09 12-20-2013 01:13 PM

That makes no sense whatsoever. Isn't the car the dealerships liability when it's dropped off at their place?

Sickness91Z28 12-20-2013 01:15 PM

:laughabove:
Quote:

Originally Posted by VJZL1 (Post 7274696)
You need to contact an attorney ASAP. The dealer is completely liable for the car while is is being serviced by them. Your entitled to a new vehicle. This is an easy open and shut case.

Completely agree! That's an insane story man, Keep us updated

436SS 12-20-2013 01:22 PM

Dont let the dealer play this game with you. They are soley responsible. Get an attorney and let them help you get another car.

PFCMAC 12-20-2013 01:26 PM

You can press charges against the dealership for destruction of private property and should be allowed to press theft charges because they took a lot of your money when they destroyed your car. you can easily sue them for damages and hardship and be rewarded with enough money for two zl1's.

jessrayo 12-20-2013 01:27 PM

The dealer is liable for the car but only the appraised 2012 used ZL1 price. Sorry, you probably cannot get a car that was cared for like yours had been at the price they will give you to replace it. I would talk to a lawyer. If you don't have a good attorney relationship you may contact the better business bureau, or call GM directly. If everything happened exactly as you described the dealership will eventually cover the loss, it may tike some time and patience.

Sapper12b 12-20-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VJZL1 (Post 7274696)

Completely the dealership fault. I agree with everyone else, get a lawyer and keep us informed.

TOYMARO 12-20-2013 01:39 PM

Yea, thats BS. Get an attorney right now!!!! It would have been the FIRST thing I did if the dealer told me that crap. I dont believe you didnt man. I would have had one by monday noon!!! Tear them apart!!!

Dealer name? (may be against board rules)

:popcorn:

SSNIGHTMARE 12-20-2013 01:39 PM

Post the dealer name so no one else deals with this shady of a dealership................

GearheadSS 12-20-2013 01:39 PM

First, contact Chevrolet Customer service and get the situation escalated within GM. They will take this seriously.

Second, lawyer up.

Trickskier 12-20-2013 01:39 PM

WOW!!! Extremely sorry to hear this!!! You definitely need to contact an attorney ASAP!!! I wouldn't let your insurance company handle this. Please keep us posted......

ernie scar 12-20-2013 01:41 PM

Lawyer up and sue the bastards.

DRKS1D3 12-20-2013 01:48 PM

I am so sorry. I would be sick! As everybody else has said, call GM directly and get a lawyer. Keep us all informed. Good luck friend! P.S. Not as serious of a story, but similar. My cousin bought a brand new WS6 Trans Am in 2002. He dropped it off for his 5,000 mile check and a tech went out joy riding in it. He came to pick it up and found 150 more miles on it, burnt rubber under the wheel wells and it stunk like cigarettes. He went off like a rocket and the dealer admitted their fault, fired the tech and gave him lifetime oil changes and state inspection for free. Again, it's not the same, but at least my cousin's dealer "manned up". Again, good luck!