Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   OFFICIAL 2010 Camaro Specifications (full tech specs PDF inside) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5250)

octane_n_veins 07-21-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 94704)
We knew it wasnt going to be talked about today to begin with.

Did you read the specs. No Z28 trim level.

Punk_rider 07-21-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octane_n_veins (Post 94693)
NO NO NO…
Can it be? No Z28 trim level? Isn’t that what I’d been sayin for the last week or so… MMMM, yeah I think so. But Scott said… Well I know that I DON’T have egg on my face.
Either way the Camaro is just around the corner and near our beloved driveways.

No Z28 = no camaro for me.

Just like others i'm a little disapointed ... maybe thinking about a GT500 ...

Even if there is a Z28 ... when? I won't be waiting 2 more years to have this car ... All the process is soooo long. The camaro should have been out 1 year ago, then we would have the Z28 by the end of the year ...

Mustang was first and got the money ... maybe it's too late now ...

Nickdago 07-21-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urthman (Post 94433)
Sweet mother of God...it really is happening.

Thats becasue they are still using the concept model when you pick the colors instead of the actual car.

drivingincamaro 07-21-2008 04:18 PM

Price??

Nickdago 07-21-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 94706)
Trust me, you didnt miss anything of importance.

Agree pretty uneventful

acscamarochick06 07-21-2008 04:20 PM

Extremely disappointed with the unveiling because we didn't really find out anything we didn't already know. Where is my Z28 and where is the good fuel mileage we were promised?? :iono:

joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 07-21-2008 04:20 PM

That pod cast sucked! No z28? Hey come look at my LS Camaro, what? 3900+ pounds sports car? No classic Hugger Orange?:iono:

fattyj 07-21-2008 04:20 PM

what do they mean by spicific taillamps for the rs package???? could they possibly mean the after burners affect, like on the concept???

Beyond Limits 07-21-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

NO NO NO…
Can it be? No Z28 trim level? Isn’t that what I’d been sayin for the last week or so… MMMM, yeah I think so. But Scott said… Well I know that I DON’T have egg on my face.

Scott never said there was going to be a Z28 right out of the gate. No one from GM has said that their was going to be a Z28 out of the gate. In fact the general consensus was that there was not going to be a Z at launch, and that it would come at a later date, even though many hoped that would not be the case.

No one is saying you are right or wrong, but don't be so quick to slam those at GM over what you may have percieved them to say.

jmliptak 07-21-2008 04:22 PM

Scott said explicitly that it was farther down the road and not to be announced today...

ChrisL 07-21-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattyj (Post 94739)
what do they mean by spicific taillamps for the rs package???? could they possibly mean the after burners affect, like on the concept???

they're pretty neat. a darker shade of red. scott yelled at me at the focus group because i put the hazards on two of the cars, one RS, one not, to compare.

chadrcr 07-21-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

NO NO NO…

The Z/28 has already been discussed here at length... as coming later IF it comes, did they give the details of the convertible today??? not so much, does that mean IT does not exist??? notsomuch... :chevy:

WCFB-Russ 07-21-2008 04:25 PM

Maybe they can't do Hugger Orange anymore because they have to use different paint?

In 1969 there was no "Camaro Z/28". there was a Z28 RPO you could add to the "Camaro Coupe" which would give you a certain engine and suspension. It's possible they are doing that now - and I can only hope. My dad would have loved the 5th gen, loved the Inferno Orange color, and with white stripes would have bought one and drove it around all day. But how am I supposed to get one to pay tribute to that when there is no Z28 option available?

Hm. I'll just have to have hope that the Z28 will be an engine/suspension option package available at the dealership like it used to be...

That's all I can hope for at this point.

-R

Optimus Prime 07-21-2008 04:27 PM

I can't believe this car!! They're throwing in so many standard features that rock, not to mention all the options (some of which are dealer installed...). The only thing left now is the pricing... And I'm really nervous about that... :yikes: