Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   MY TARGET PRODUCTION WEEK (TPW) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22675)

SQUALO 05-13-2009 07:21 PM

MY TARGET PRODUCTION WEEK (TPW)

Hey Guys & Gals:

I just got off the phone with my dealership, and had the General Mgr. check on my order, which had not even been pulled yet. He gave me great news, and told me that my TPW is June 1st. :thumbup: I will save the other, more emotional smilies, for when my Camaro actually arrives.

By the way he read the story, I e-mailed, about the guy in Kentucky, who's car was sold to the owner's son, and he couldn't believe it. He also couldn't believe, and asked me if it was true, that dealers in the states are selling the cars for anywhere from 5-15K over MSRP? I told him that they try, but I don't think they found any suckers.

BLACK67 05-13-2009 07:37 PM

Congrats:w00t:

bluch 05-13-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SQUALO (Post 484917)
Hey Guys & Gals:

I just got off the phone with my dealership, and had the General Mgr. check on my order, which had not even been pulled yet. He gave me great news, and told me that my TPW is June 1st. :thumbup: I will save the other, more emotional smilies, for when my Camaro actually arrives.

By the way he read the story, I e-mailed, about the guy in Kentucky, who's car was sold to the owner's son, and he couldn't believe it. He also couldn't believe, and asked me if it was true, that dealers in the states are selling the cars for anywhere from 5-15K over MSRP? I told him that they try, but I don't think they found any suckers.

i pretty sure they found a couple suckers. Congrats on the TPW. I got one too, but it is June 15 :thumbdown: which is way later than i was hoping, but it is good to see my order moving along the system :D

SQUALO 05-13-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluch (Post 484999)
i pretty sure they found a couple suckers. Congrats on the TPW. I got one too, but it is June 15 :thumbdown: which is way later than i was hoping, but it is good to see my order moving along the system :D

Your day will sneak up on you faster than you think, it's nice to see the Canucks will be able to enjoy their cars for THIS SUMMER.

TJ91 05-13-2009 08:52 PM

Hey Frank, i swear i remember telling you that i thought your car would probably come in June, and i think im right!
There should be no QC holds for you, and i think the white stripes will be dealer installed since its a 1SS which means you should see you car first week or second week June! :D

Nova65 05-14-2009 12:43 AM

I ordered my 2LT RS A6 IBM on 3/28/09 and have a tpw of 6/1 as well. Lets see if we get it on time...

SQUALO 05-14-2009 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ91 (Post 485323)
Hey Frank, i swear i remember telling you that i thought your car would probably come in June, and i think im right!
There should be no QC holds for you, and i think the white stripes will be dealer installed since its a 1SS which means you should see you car first week or second week June! :D

When I ordered ALL grey & white stripes were factory installed, I think that changed after full production started, remember all the cars in the lot, in those Oshawa pics? Either way as long as they're on & done right.

canadian ss 05-14-2009 05:28 PM

Hopefully most of us get our cars before the summer is over !:D

LS3SSRS 05-14-2009 06:04 PM

Hey I also have a tpw of june 1st. Any idea when I will get my car?

bluch 05-14-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS3SSRS (Post 487759)
Hey I also have a tpw of june 1st. Any idea when I will get my car?

sales manger told me to expect it 1 month after my TPW. and if it comes any earlier than that, then its a bonus....mid july is to far away :cry:

Bowtie Girl 05-14-2009 06:08 PM

they found a sucker at my dealership. this person bought a 1LT with sunroof, nothing else for 5k over MSRP. Crazy and if people would just stop doing that the dealers couldnt do what they are doing. I ordered mine and got it for MSRP.

TJ91 05-14-2009 06:09 PM

Why did he say a month. Cars have been arrived about 5-7 days after being built. Max 2 weeks from the day its built
Did you order stripes?
If not and since its an auto, theres no QC hold or delay, therfore you car should be there about a week or two after its built, which would give you a late June or first week July delivery. But i seriously think that it would be there around the last week of June for you

SQUALO 05-14-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowtie Girl (Post 487771)
they found a sucker at my dealership. this person bought a 1LT with sunroof, nothing else for 5k over MSRP. Crazy and if people would just stop doing that the dealers couldnt do what they are doing. I ordered mine and got it for MSRP.

I think the saying goes "there's a sucker born every minute", at least the money is coming out of his pocket and not ours :sm0:

SQUALO 05-14-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ91 (Post 487775)
Why did he say a month. Cars have been arrived about 5-7 days after being built. Max 2 weeks from the day its built
Did you order stripes?
If not and since its an auto, theres no QC hold or delay, therfore you car should be there about a week or two after its built, which would give you a late June or first week July delivery. But i seriously think that it would be there around the last week of June for you

TJ you're our guy with the cystal ball, you were right on the TPW for me, so I believe you're right about the arrival being a couple of weeks after build.