Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   I Need Help Choosing!? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227481)

colingordon 05-30-2012 09:06 PM

I Need Help Choosing!?

Hey everyone,

I am still waiting to get my Camaro but I have saved up about $2,000 for now to spend when I get it. What should be the first things I should get? I cant decide for myself hopefully someone who went through the same thing can tell me what they did and if they went the right way or they wish they did something different at first

Thanks everyone for your help!

NoSyT 05-30-2012 09:59 PM

What are you getting? :iono:

SS, LT, LS? Auto or manual? RS package? What color? We'll need some info on what you're getting to be of any help.

GaBoy25 05-30-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSyT (Post 5047213)
What are you getting? :iono:

SS, LT, LS? Auto or manual? RS package? What color? We'll need some info on what you're getting to be of any help.

Thats affirmative:facepalm:

colingordon 05-30-2012 11:16 PM

I am getting a 2012 2LS

J-ROD-210 05-30-2012 11:21 PM

First thing I wanted was exhaust,for sound and looks. Didn't like the way those over sized bed pans looked in the back,plus they are pretty quiet. Next was CAI.

GaBoy25 05-30-2012 11:27 PM

MR2 exhaust. Varaam Intake. Headers with tune including tcm if auto. Plenum spacer ect.

colingordon 05-30-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBoy25 (Post 5047574)
MR2 exhaust. Varaam Intake. Headers with tune including tcm if auto. Plenum spacer ect.

The LFX cant use headers but some High Flow Cats should fix that! :thumbup:

JohnnyBfromPeoria 05-31-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBoy25 (Post 5047574)

There is also no Vararam intake for the LFX engine, nor is there a plenum spacer available.

John B.

k2jones 05-31-2012 01:08 AM

Tint the windows... CAI inc,...exhaust

PalmerGA 05-31-2012 08:10 AM

I'm thinking it really depends on what your reason for making mods is. For instance, I love the looks of my 1LT/RS so I'm not spending $$$ on asthetics.

The sound needs some help and I'd like to get max MPGs, so I've ordered MRT-V2 Axleback exhaust and CAI Cold Air Induction. Both are said to increase HP and MPG.

My other concern is keeping my inner engine clean and efficient so, I have ordered an RX Catch Can as well.

So as I said, I think YOU have to pick your priorities once you've put a few miles on it. If I could make only one mod, I'd probably choose the Catch Can. I know the engines are designed to function just fine without it, but I plan on having this car a lonnnnnnnng time. Dirty engine = not good.

colingordon 05-31-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 5048438)
I'm thinking it really depends on what your reason for making mods is. For instance, I love the looks of my 1LT/RS so I'm not spending $$$ on asthetics.

The sound needs some help and I'd like to get max MPGs, so I've ordered MRT-V2 Axleback exhaust and CAI Cold Air Induction. Both are said to increase HP and MPG.

My other concern is keeping my inner engine clean and efficient so, I have ordered an RX Catch Can as well.

So as I said, I think YOU have to pick your priorities once you've put a few miles on it. If I could make only one mod, I'd probably choose the Catch Can. I know the engines are designed to function just fine without it, but I plan on having this car a lonnnnnnnng time. Dirty engine = not good.

I agree I plan on keeping this for a long time also and maybe passing it down or something like that. Thank you for telling me about the catch can I am going to look into that. But pretty much my goal is mainly performance with style. I want new rims and Oracle headlights and some tint and maybe some vinyl stripes but that all together will be about $550.00 (without the rims), so I just need to see what performance parts I want first probably a CAI Air Intake, catch can (Thanks you you :bow:)
and a exhaust at first. Then I will see what I have left over and save up for the next item I want

awfarley 05-31-2012 09:39 AM

In this order:

Get Ashen Gray Metallic ;)

When you get the deal you want tell the dealership you'll sign the papers today if they get the windows tinted as dark as legally possible on the sides and 15% on the back.

Put $350 back for the Vararam intake when it comes out

Add foglights if you don't have them ($150 roughly)

Change the interior bulbs to LED's in whatever color you choose (I got blue and they are great) ($15)

Get yourself a decent exhaust set-up but I'd do some heavy searching for the sound you like as there are many options and opinions ($350-$1500)

I'd say look at what others are doing on here but by all means do what makes you happy and take what people say lightly.

2010camarolt 05-31-2012 09:49 AM

wheels

Roll_the_Dice 05-31-2012 10:23 AM

All good suggestions above and like was posted, it depends on whether you are going for aesthetics or power/sound. If it were me, I would do it in this order...

Wheels, but not necessarily tires, keeping stock tires will save $ ($1000+)
exhaust ($350-550)
Windows tinted (I like the suggestion of working it in the deal) (free-$200)
CAI either Vararam when it comes out or CAI, Inc. ($350-$450)

-----$2000 stops here----

Fog lights ($100+)
Catch can ($150?? not sure haven't done it yet)