Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Order from dealer question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60266)

MIKnam67 01-11-2010 01:40 PM

Order from dealer question

I ordered a camaro early Dec. I did not get an ord # at the time.
On Dec. 14th I emailed dealer and ask if it was price protected and he answered that I should be ok and my unit is marked sold in the gm system.
On Dec 19th I ask for an order # and he answered that they had not pulled it yet. He had 7 Camarosin the next allocation when they issue it and mine is 1st order of 3 presold in the bank. May not hear till after 1st of year.

Question; Should he have an order # now since it is in the system?

THanks for replys

AnnaBear@SpartaChevy 01-11-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKnam67 (Post 1369274)
On Dec. 14th I emailed dealer and ask if it was price protected and he answered that I should be ok and my unit is marked sold in the gm system.
On Dec 19th I ask for an order # and he answered that they had not pulled it yet. He had 7 Camarosin the next allocation when they issue it and mine is 1st order of 3 presold in the bank. May not hear till after 1st of year.

THanks for replys

Yes, there is an order number given to the order immediately when it is placed.

He should have it for you now.

Darth_Emma 01-11-2010 01:53 PM

I got my order number from the dealer the day I placed my order with him because he sent it to GM right away. He also had an allocation of 6 cars at the time.

Sir Nuke 01-11-2010 03:10 PM

if he CAN'T give you your order number NOW, your car has NOT been ordered.

mjlash22 01-11-2010 03:42 PM

If the preliminary order was taken you should have what's called a workbench order number. Ask your dealer for that. There is no reason why your order shouldn't at least be in the system yet. Also, depending on what kind of pricing you are getting, there is no price protection any more.

trm0002 01-11-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjlash22 (Post 1369676)
If the preliminary order was taken you should have what's called a workbench order number. Ask your dealer for that. There is no reason why your order shouldn't at least be in the system yet. Also, depending on what kind of pricing you are getting, there is no price protection any more.

^^^
That is correct. If they entered your order, they have a Workbench confirmation number- something like NKKT63. If they can't give it to you, they didn't order it. Period.

Pricing is ALWAYS price in effect at time of delivery unless you got into a special situation like some of us who ordered prior to production starting. If you want or need current pricing, buying one off a lot is the only way to ensure you get it.

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 01-11-2010 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The dealer will have an order # as soon as the order is created. Having it placed is another issue.:iono:

Blade 01-11-2010 06:09 PM

God I hope you didn't order from Steve Moore in South Charlotte. Sketchy as hell, I walked out of the dealership before ordering from someone else.

Anyway, dealer shoulda given you an alphanumeric order #, which signals that your order has been placed. If he still can't give you one today or tomorrow, demand your money deposit back if you put one down, since he hasn't placed your order.

Good Luck!

MIKnam67 01-11-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 1370205)
God I hope you didn't order from Steve Moore in South Charlotte. Sketchy as hell, I walked out of the dealership before ordering from someone else.

Anyway, dealer shoulda given you an alphanumeric order #, which signals that your order has been placed. If he still can't give you one today or tomorrow, demand your money deposit back if you put one down, since he hasn't placed your order.

Good Luck!

Ordered from dealer in Chattanooga. I will do that tomorrow... thanks

Thanks to all for info

MIKnam67 01-12-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKnam67 (Post 1369274)

THanks for replys

Got my order # emailed this morning - at 3000

Blade 01-12-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKnam67 (Post 1372384)
Got my order # emailed this morning - at 3000

Good for you....looks like the two of us might have the same TWP date. I am waitin on an update!

trm0002 01-12-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 1372595)
Good for you....looks like the two of us might have the same TWP date. I am waitin on an update!

That would be TPW...

Not that it really matters... ;)

MIKnam67 01-12-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 1372595)

TPW 2/1/10

MIKnam67 01-12-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little_bank_robber (Post 1369289)
Yes, there is an order number given to the order immediately when it is placed.

He should have it for you now.

Thanks for info

Go Navy

Vet