Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   sway bars question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56381)

shad2009 12-13-2009 03:52 PM

sway bars question

i know they can be adjusted, but what would somebody like em have them set? i've heard that there is a setting for rain and dry roads...i live in MA and it can be both, so what setting would i have mine?

i'm living proof of a noob lol, so bear with me

Rob@WretchedMS 12-13-2009 03:58 PM

Stock sway bars can not be adjusted, but some of the aftermarket ones can be, such as our Pedders sways.

I wouldn't really say for most that adjusting them for dry or rain is realistic, the purpose of adjusting them is to adjust the balance of the car in the corners, and it can vary depending on the experience of the driver, surface, mods on the car, and car itself.

There isn't really a solid answer like "this is what you do", it's more of something that you need to tune to your own car and abilities.

Where are you in Mass?

shad2009 12-13-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS (Post 1279874)
Stock sway bars can not be adjusted, but some of the aftermarket ones can be, such as our Pedders sways.

I wouldn't really say for most that adjusting them for dry or rain is realistic, the purpose of adjusting them is to adjust the balance of the car in the corners, and it can vary depending on the experience of the driver, surface, mods on the car, and car itself.

There isn't really a solid answer like "this is what you do", it's more of something that you need to tune to your own car and abilities.

Where are you in Mass?

i'm in woburn...haven't got my camaro yet, will have it in May, i see you're in Mass...wouldn't mind drivin out there and looking at my options

Rob@WretchedMS 12-13-2009 04:21 PM

I can arrange for a ride in a GTO or an SRT8 Charger, but i don't have a Camaro on hand to use as a demo car.

I will be having a Get together at the shop in May, so that may (no pun) work out well.

shad2009 12-13-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS (Post 1279933)
I can arrange for a ride in a GTO or an SRT8 Charger, but i don't have a Camaro on hand to use as a demo car.

I will be having a Get together at the shop in May, so that may (no pun) work out well.

sounds good...:w00t:

Info@PeddersUSA.com 12-14-2009 03:12 AM

Getting aftermarket sway bars is a good thing to have. but in terms of adjustability and strength of the bar, they are not even close to being he same. Some of the bars out there you can adjust and you will not even know the difference.

But in terms of adjusting for winter versus summer. This is not normally done, but I can see the advantages with a seriously strong set of bars or bars that specifically go after understeer only.

mike
dms

Chris-10 12-14-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS (Post 1279933)

ka-ching....:laugh: