Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   1SS vs 2SS (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10451)

Mosher 12-09-2008 10:37 PM

1SS vs 2SS

Hey guys this is probably a question asked many times before, but Iwould like to know, What does the 2SS offer over the 1SS? I know Leather and premium Stereo, I don't seem to see much else different. I figure I might be missing something so I thought I would ask. Thanks!!

:chevy::chevy::chevy:

The_Blur 12-09-2008 10:54 PM

Think of the 1SS as the stripped V8 and the 2SS as the fully loaded luxury Camaro. The difference is cloth versus leather and interior lighting; GM versus Boston Acoustics speakers; basic versus premium options.

fad1 12-09-2008 11:08 PM

Wait, what is the DIC compass ? Doesnt that come standard usually and located between the speedometer and tach?

Mosher 12-09-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aston70 (Post 213489)
Have you read the ordering workbook?
http://www.camaro5.com/goods/camaroorderingworkbook.pdf

Camaro SS Coupe – 2SS Equipment Group
Includes Key 1SS Equipment, PLUS:

Boston Acoustics® premium 9-speaker 245-watt audio system
Bluetooth® for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system
Cargo convenience net
Driver Information Center (DIC) compass
Four-pack gauges mounted on center console: oil pressure, battery voltage, oil temperature andmtransmission fluid temperature
Inside auto-dimming rearview mirror
Body-color power-adjustable heated mirrors (auto dimming on driver side)
Wireless PDIM (for use of steering-wheel controls with auxiliary device)
Remote vehicle starter system (with automatic transmission)
Leather-appointed front seat trim with SS embroidery
Heated driver and front passenger seats
Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
Universal Home Remote
USB port

Just what I wanted to know! Thanks for the workbook too.

Heated seats? USB port? Universal Home Remote?!? :confused0068:

Crazyness..... :D

TAG UR IT 12-10-2008 01:48 AM

^Yep....tis going to be b@d@ss!

Just what I wanted...all the power with todays technology.

383ss 12-10-2008 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aston70 (Post 213489)
Have you read the ordering workbook?
http://www.camaro5.com/goods/camaroorderingworkbook.pdf

Camaro SS Coupe – 2SS Equipment Group
Includes Key 1SS Equipment, PLUS:

Boston Acoustics® premium 9-speaker 245-watt audio system
Bluetooth® for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system
Cargo convenience net
Driver Information Center (DIC) compass
Four-pack gauges mounted on center console: oil pressure, battery voltage, oil temperature andmtransmission fluid temperature
Inside auto-dimming rearview mirror
Body-color power-adjustable heated mirrors (auto dimming on driver side)
Wireless PDIM (for use of steering-wheel controls with auxiliary device)
Remote vehicle starter system (with automatic transmission)
Leather-appointed front seat trim with SS embroidery
Heated driver and front passenger seats
Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
Universal Home Remote
USB port

I've been wanting to make this post for a while comparing the $$$ your spending on the 2SS.

convenience/connectivity is $465
Boston Acoustics $495
4 pack gauges $440?? no price available yet

thats 1400. the 2SS is a 3188 premium over the 1SS.

so your paying ~1788 for heated leather and heated mirrors. seems about 800-1000 over what it should be.

Mr_Draco 12-10-2008 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 383ss (Post 213649)
I've been wanting to make this post for a while comparing the $$$ your spending on the 2SS.

convenience/connectivity is $465
Boston Acoustics $495
4 pack gauges $440?? no price available yet

thats 1400. the 2SS is a 3188 premium over the 1SS.

so your paying ~1788 for heated leather and heated mirrors. seems about 800-1000 over what it should be.

Apparently you haven't priced a set of good quality leather seats, $1,788 for heated leather seats and heated/auto dimming mirrors is a steal. A set of good quality leather front seats only runs around $1,000. Leather seats for the back will run another $700-800. Heated for the front seats will add another $300-400. A set of heated mirrors will be another $200-300 dollars and auto dimming will add about $50-75 to the cost of the drivers side. Buying all that stuff extra will run you about $1,000 over what you're paying if you go ahead and get the 2SS.

Mr_Draco 12-10-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aston70 (Post 213678)
It also says the mirrors are body-colored. I'm assuming the 1SS they're black. :iono:

I see your point though. I considered changing my order to a 1SS because of that. I also thought the RS package for the SS was a little steep too. That's the reason I didn't get it.

The mirrors are body colored on all trims.

The cost of the RS package has been covered many times in many threads. Pretty much what they all say is that you'll spend $1,200 or more just on the hid/halo lights if you buy them aftermarket or from the parts counter making everything else that comes with the RS package for a SS pretty much free.

Mosher 12-10-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 213561)

Oh yea, Def not questioning the Value, 2SS with the RS package turns it into "Luxury Muscle". :chevy:

Adding it up I am afraid I might not afford a 2SS. I think a 1SS with RS pkg will get me there. It sucks though cause I really want those leather seats!

I'll keep working on it. Either way, I am getting a Hurst short throw and RS pkg Darnit!! :headbang:

Mr_Draco 12-10-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aston70 (Post 213967)
I'm well aware of that. I've probably read every one of those threads. I was just mentioning it wasn't worth it to me personally.

If the RS didn't come with HID's I wouldn't bother with it either but I rode in a friends car that had HID's and I fell in love with them.

Legend 12-10-2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 213561)

Oh yeah...same exact thing I thought!!

Couldn't pass up the 2SS!!

KevinSS 12-11-2008 12:23 AM

2SS/RS for me!

LS3SSRS 12-11-2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinSS (Post 214286)
2SS/RS for me!

me too man... :drinking:

Matrix 12-11-2008 03:03 AM

Im a bit OCD about this. Its either top or the line or nothing cos I wont sleep thinking that I cud of got something better. I know thats shallow to some degree but I wud just keep kicking myself why didnt I get the 2ss/rs. Mind you im not getting the sun roof or the gfx package cos im not digging the looks (sunroof) and looks and price (gfx). As for the 21" wheel. Outrageous $$$. Easy pick up on ebay for half the costs and more choice.

So 2ss/rs is for me. But if you do the maths, its a really good deal. No point in doing it yourself aftermarlet cos it will cost you more.