Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Buyer's Remorse? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295651)

TwentyTen2SSRS 05-15-2013 11:59 AM

Buyer's Remorse?
 
Not sure if this is in the right section (feel free to move if needed, I couldn't find one where it would fit).

About a month ago I purchased a 2013 Black 1LS. I love the car, sleek, beautiful (especially when shiny black and clean). I got a sunroof but the rest of the car is basically stock.

I upgraded to some 21" Foose black wheels and have loved it. But guess what? All I can think about is I should of saved up a little more money to put down, and jumped to an SS.

Sure the gas mileage would be worse, the insurance more, but I can't help but wonder?

Here is my dilemma... I don't want to street race, or go to the track per se, but there is something about knowing I have the power under the hood. I'm sure that is common, but now I just know I have a V6. Nothing wrong with that, just makes me want more.

Maybe I can just drive this car for awhile, and then trade up? I plan on putting on exhaust, CAI, catch can, PTB, and well thats about all I can do with my LFX. May be able to eek out 20 more HP out of those mods, but thats about all.

Anyone else go through this?

TheGhosty 05-15-2013 12:09 PM

ya, i do wish i had more power under the gas pedal but I love my car. Once you start moding it and making it your own you grow attached. I will be holding on to mine until I get a look at the 6th gen (which I probably won't like because I don't like the alpha platform). At that point I can upgrade to an SS because people will be ditching their beautiful cars to upgrade to the new model.

TwentyTen2SSRS 05-15-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGhosty (Post 6546745)
ya, i do wish i had more power under the gas pedal but I love my car. Once you start moding it and making it your own you grow attached. I will be holding on to mine until I get a look at the 6th gen (which I probably won't like because I don't like the alpha platform). At that point I can upgrade to an SS because people will be ditching their beautiful cars to upgrade to the new model.


Yeah.. I definitely don't liek the 6th Gen, maybe it will grow on me. I bought this car knowing that in a year, or less the 2014's would be hitting the road. I got a screamin' deal because of that.

I guess you are right. I can already tell from the things I have done to it - 15% tint, tail light bezels/side emblems plasti dipped, rear bowtie removed and vinyl camaro cutout put on, smoked tail lights/sidemarkers/reverse lights and new wheels/tires that I love the car. Sometimes just knowing a Mini Cooper S can smoke me doesn't make me happy.. lol

TheGhosty 05-15-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS (Post 6546829)
Sometimes just knowing a Mini Cooper S can smoke me doesn't make me happy.. lol

HAHA but ask the girl driving the mini cooper if she wants to go out. The looks of the car kill the mini cooper.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE 05-15-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS (Post 6546829)
Yeah.. I definitely don't liek the 6th Gen, maybe it will grow on me. I bought this car knowing that in a year, or less the 2014's would be hitting the road. I got a screamin' deal because of that.


the 6th gen isn't out yet, there aren't even any pictures of it floating around so how can you say you don't like it.


I think you are confused, the 2014 is a 5th Gen refresh, the 6th gen isn't going to happen for at least another 2-3 years.

DuskSS 05-15-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS (Post 6546829)
Yeah.. I definitely don't liek the 6th Gen, maybe it will grow on me. I bought this car knowing that in a year, or less the 2014's would be hitting the road. I got a screamin' deal because of that.

I guess you are right. I can already tell from the things I have done to it - 15% tint, tail light bezels/side emblems plasti dipped, rear bowtie removed and vinyl camaro cutout put on, smoked tail lights/sidemarkers/reverse lights and new wheels/tires that I love the car. Sometimes just knowing a Mini Cooper S can smoke me doesn't make me happy.. lol

how on earth is a 181 hp Mini beating a 300hp car?

You should DEMOLISH a Mini.

Cooper S (all body styles) 2010 1,598 cc (1.598 L; 97.5 cu in) I4 turbo 184 PS (135 kW; 181 hp) @ 5,500, 240 Nm (180 lbft) @ 1,600-5,000 Overboost: 260 Nm (190 lbft) @ 1,700-4,500
John Cooper Works CHALLENGE
John Cooper Works (all body styles) 2008
2009 1,598 cc (1.598 L; 97.5 cu in) I4 turbo 211 PS (155 kW; 208 hp) @ 6,000, 261 Nm (193 lbft) @ 1,850-5,600 Overboost: 279 Nm (206 lbft) @ 2,000

TwentyTen2SSRS 05-15-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGhosty (Post 6546850)
The looks of the car kill the mini cooper.

This much is very true.. it looks super bad ass. That was my original intention, is that it had enough get up, looks bad ass, and hell it LOOKS fast. I don't need a bunch of tickets or to wreck it anyway.. Maybe when I have enough cash to have multiple cars (this is my DD) I can step it up to an SS.

Problem in, when my lease is up and this is paid off, and I have the mod $ into this one, it would be very difficult to let her go..

TheGhosty 05-15-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE (Post 6546863)
I think you are confused, the 2014 is a 5th Gen refresh, the 6th gen isn't going to happen for at least another 2-3 years.

Correct, I am making the assumption I will not like the 6th gen. I am also hoping to be pleasantly surprised. :popcorn:

TwentyTen2SSRS 05-15-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE (Post 6546863)
the 6th gen isn't out yet, there aren't even any pictures of it floating around so how can you say you don't like it.


I think you are confused, the 2014 is a 5th Gen refresh, the 6th gen isn't going to happen for at least another 2-3 years.


Ooooh.. sorry, I was confused. That is what I meant.

TwentyTen2SSRS 05-15-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuskSS (Post 6546869)
how on earth is a 181 hp Mini beating a 300hp car?

You should DEMOLISH a Mini.

Cooper S (all body styles) 2010 1,598 cc (1.598 L; 97.5 cu in) I4 turbo 184 PS (135 kW; 181 hp) @ 5,500, 240 Nm (180 lbft) @ 1,600-5,000 Overboost: 260 Nm (190 lbft) @ 1,700-4,500
John Cooper Works CHALLENGE
John Cooper Works (all body styles) 2008
2009 1,598 cc (1.598 L; 97.5 cu in) I4 turbo 211 PS (155 kW; 208 hp) @ 6,000, 261 Nm (193 lbft) @ 1,850-5,600 Overboost: 279 Nm (206 lbft) @ 2,000


One major problem with the Camaro is how heavy it is... 3,750 lbs vs. mini at 2,500lbs...

mr_honez 05-15-2013 01:36 PM

Remorse? Hell no. I got what I wanted when I bought it. Sure the SS is a super awesome sexy car with HP up the wazoo but I have never regretted getting my RS. She has been a dream to drive and I have no regrets. My baby is just that and you will have to pry my cold, dead fingers off the steering wheel to take her from me.

TwentyTen2SSRS 05-15-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_honez (Post 6547154)
Remorse? Hell no. I got what I wanted when I bought it. Sure the SS is a super awesome sexy car with HP up the wazoo but I have never regretted getting my RS. She has been a dream to drive and I have no regrets. My baby is just that and you will have to pry my cold, dead fingers off the steering wheel to take her from me.

:clap:

I feel the same way. I find every excuse to go out for a drive. Just wish I could give a little more "umpff" sometimes..

mr_honez 05-15-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS (Post 6547161)
:clap:

I feel the same way. I find every excuse to go out for a drive. Just wish I could give a little more "umpff" sometimes..

CAI, Exhaust, FI, if you want more. There is nothing- ZERO wrong with the V6 Camaro of any year

pnyklr 05-15-2013 07:19 PM

Just drive it an enjoy it.

-Funk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.