Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Now I wait. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28443)

Havok1327 06-19-2009 11:55 PM

Now I wait.

I placed my order today for a 2SS/RS IOM M6S. I've been trolling around the forum for weeks and just couldn't take it any more.

Now how do I break the news to my wife. :)

I had a great dealer experience, I've bought a blazer from this guy before and he's been great to work with.

All that's left to do is count the days.

hb-rocks 06-19-2009 11:57 PM

Congratulations....!

I'll tell her ! :)

lil_chef 06-20-2009 12:00 AM

dont tell her....surprise her. see how that goes. if worst comes to worse buy her a diamond

kdoske 06-20-2009 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil_chef (Post 602481)
dont tell her....surprise her. see how that goes. if worst comes to worse buy her a diamond

lol, this is the worse advice EVER!

Have no idea how your relationship is with your wife to even begin to answer this but I would just tell her.

Hey honey guess what, we are poor again!!!

lil_chef 06-20-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdoske (Post 602515)
lol, this is the worse advice EVER!

Have no idea how your relationship is with your wife to even begin to answer this but I would just tell her.

Hey honey guess what, we are poor again!!!

i wasnt serious. but no wife for me!!!!! im only 18 so obviously im naive when giving wife advise

navmaxlp 06-20-2009 01:18 AM

Start by dropping hints about how much you want one and gauge her reaction from that and proceed accordingly. That's what I would do.

wullger 06-20-2009 01:20 AM

Welcome to the wait, and welcome to the site!

TAG UR IT 06-20-2009 01:22 AM

HA HA!

First, congrats.

Second, tell her. I ordered a new car. I'd the Camaro. You get your car. I get mine. And, if you are lucky, I miiiight let you drive it...:laugh:

Then RUN!

RJT-Maro 06-20-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 602625)
HA HA!

First, congrats.

Second, tell her. I ordered a new car. I'd the Camaro. You get your car. I get mine. And, if you are lucky, I miiiight let you drive it...:laugh:

Then RUN!

:laughabove: hahahah good one!!!!:sm0::headbang:

KJS 06-20-2009 01:27 AM

Tell her (one or all of the below):
You prayed to God for divine inspiration for an answer if you should buy it and he said "OK".
You just found out you have 6 months to live and this is your final wish.
Your friends on a Camaro forum said it was the right thing to do.
You have a sleep walking sickness and you did it all while you were asleep, too late now to cancel.
You promise to pick up your socks and put down the toilet seat forever.
Its better than having an affair.
You know that she secretly always wanted a Camaro and its really for her. "What? No! You really didn't want one? Ok I'll take it then"

eapoll11 06-20-2009 07:47 AM

Hey honey guess what, we are poor again!!![/QUOTE]
:laughabove:

stikSS 06-20-2009 08:03 AM

Its always easier to ask for forgivness, than it is for permission!!!, but my own advise never works for me.

vdevine 06-20-2009 08:12 AM

You only live once. Man up the pair.

Havok1327 06-20-2009 06:15 PM

LoL, thanks for the great advice. I ended up just slipping her the order sheet and smiling really big as I handed it too her. She was pretty excited about it actually. But was bummed when I told her it was a stick, she not very good with a Manual trany.

But she did say it would cost me a new set of wheels and tires for her Tahoe. She's been wanting to put 20s on it for a while. I can live with that.

Day 2 of my wait is in the books.

I'll be sure to pass on the advice some of you gave. :)